Name my website/facebook/youtube channel.

Options

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    No name suggestions but your tagline could be:

Eat all the foods, lift all the weights, enjoy all the days.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Initially the plan is to target average people looking to get in shape and look good naked.

I will be offering personal training and consulting via Skype.
    Any focus on male/female?

When you're talking "average people", I suspect you may need fairly different angles to focus on either - though in reality we know that they'll probably be doing similar things and probably don't want too far off the same end point from the exercise, accepting that each sex does.

Overall, I'd be working on a general marketing strategy - hopefully the name will flow from this.

While I don't have much involvement in such things, it seems people either do well from blogging and the nerdier type - I keep promoting the rippedbody and (now) evidencemag websites because they have a lot of useful articles on there - or from the other end with the people that just want results and don't really care. There may well be market for a middle ground as well, of course.
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Man of Steel - oh, wait, I suppose that's taken. I put more thought into it; here are two that came to mind:

Strong as Steel
    SteelStrength
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    People seem to be attracted to the word transformation so perhaps something along the lines of TotalBodyTransformation (TBT).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    People seem to be attracted to the word transformation so perhaps something along the lines of TotalBodyTransformation (TBT).

I think using transformation is a great idea. How about something like Steel Body Transformation?
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being obvious, what's wrong with "Eat, Train, Progress" or a variation of that?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I could see the 'steel' stuff putting off a lot of your 'average' women.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being obvious, what's wrong with "Eat, Train, Progress" or a variation of that?

^This could work.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If your target is the average guy/gal who wants to lose weight and be healthy, I think anything steel or lifting etc. will scare the beginner off. They could be convinced of that later. I think focusing on the health/fitness angle would be less "scary" for noobs. Something like " Pete Moss Health Science" or " Brick Mason Total Fitness". It's personal with your name " Pete Moss" and also tells what you do. Just my .02
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Buns of Side Steel
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Common Sense Fitness
    Fit Logic
    Smart gains, healthy losses
    No Fad Healthy Dad
    Fitness Can't Wait
    Nutrition + Exercise = Icecream (though that may fit Sara's business better)

(and since everyone likes a steel option):
    - I'm steel Fit, You can be to
    - Steal calories, steel workouts
    - Steel waiting? Get Steel!
    - Pump iron, gain steel
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Broscience Incorporated.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Broscience Incorporated.
    *kitten*.

:laugh:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    How about BodyLogic?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Broscience Incorporated.

Already taken...lol

http://www.broscience.com/
  • Dan_Lifts
    Options
    Science, bro!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If your target is the average guy/gal who wants to lose weight and be healthy, I think anything steel or lifting etc. will scare the beginner off. They could be convinced of that later. I think focusing on the health/fitness angle would be less "scary" for noobs. Something like " Pete Moss Health Science" or " Brick Mason Total Fitness". It's personal with your name " Pete Moss" and also tells what you do. Just my .02

<Raises hand> Average gal. At that point where I have learned to eat, started moving more, lost most of the weight........but know there is more I need to do to change my body.

I would be scared off of a name with Steel in it *Buns of Steel scares hell out of me*

What brought me to this group, and makes me listen to what OP has to say, is the science and presentation. Eat, train, progress. Simple. No Grrrrrrrr in there to scare me off.

So as Ms. Average Gal (even if I am 52 :wink:) that is what attracted me to the group, and makes me listen to SS and Sara
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    How about

Check out my MFPness.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How about

Check out my MFPness.

Took me a couple of seconds, but LMAO
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

<Raises hand> Average gal. At that point where I have learned to eat, started moving more, lost most of the weight........but know there is more I need to do to change my body.

I would be scared off of a name with Steel in it *Buns of Steel scares hell out of me*

What brought me to this group, and makes me listen to what OP has to say, is the science and presentation. Eat, train, progress. Simple. No Grrrrrrrr in there to scare me off.

So as Ms. Average Gal (even if I am 52 :wink:) that is what attracted me to the group, and makes me listen to SS and Sara

Thank you :flowerforyou:

I also agree that something too focused on lifting or "Steel" could be off putting to the 'average' person. Most people want to lose weight, look good and get fit - not necessarily get ripped, at least for the target audience.
This discussion has been closed.