How many calories do you consume?

Options
bernicem77
bernicem77 Posts: 14 Member
I'm just wondering how many calories you consume? Do you even count calories? How much weight do you have to lose?

I'm debating over counting calories or not. Part of me says yes, because it's logical (but then again, who would think upping fat would make you lose weight). Part of me says no, because there are ton of people who don't count calories and are still losing. What do you think?

Replies

• CBDoll
    CBDoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Since I'm trying to stay as close to my macros as possible, I'm counting them for the first month for sure and may continue to monitor my carbs for 8 weeks. I like for my calories to fluctuate daily so that my body is not used to the exact same number every day, but I don't want to go overboard.

When the fat starts dropping off, I'll reevaluate this decision. :-)
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1760 but my cals have been all over the place lately. I track so that I can keep an eye on my macros. I also figured out that I had the worst keto flu-like symptoms (irritability, brain fog, etc) on days when my calories were really low because I wasn't hungry.
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do count them and I eat around 1500 calories a day, but also keep track of them to see how my macros are doing. My mom doesn't count them and is still losing, but my mom is really good at eating only when she's hungry. I'm not. I would probably eat to much if I wouldn't count. And in the end calories do matter!
  • jhiggi83
    jhiggi83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Between 1800 and 1850. According to the Keto calculator 1800 is my minimum and in a month i'm going to have to up my calories to prevent muscle loss
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i have my goals set at 1600 but i prefer to eat around 1350 because i loose well and am working very hard towards a goal that i have been aiming for , for many years...
    I have around 35kg left to go to my ultimate goal weight which is around 77lbs.
    Sometimes i count calories sometimes I dont. I mostly eat the same each day so I pretty much know what im eating. Its only if i want to try a new food, or am feeling less in control that I count calories... I have been doing this for a long time though so I have a good handle on the content of each food.
    If you are starting out I would try to count calories so you have a good idea... its very easy to overeat when you are eating fat rich food and you still need to be at a deficit to loose.