Started Today Jan 6, 14

Options
gatx
gatx Posts: 179 Member
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd check in... did my first workout (T25 Cardio) today and thought I'd say hi.

I was nervous about it (I didn't even preview it, just got going) but was able to hang in there. I totally fell of the wagon in December so had not been working out at all and was glad I could keep up... but I see lots of room for improvement.

The one thing that 'bothered' me were my calves! All the jumping on toes caused my calves to tighten... so I modified here and there. I'll be happy to see that improve!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Robin_Brown72
    Robin_Brown72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

The one thing that 'bothered' me were my calves! All the jumping on toes caused my calves to tighten... so I modified here and there. I'll be happy to see that improve!

Good luck everyone!

This is day 1, week 2 for me and my calves are what bother me the most too! I modify some, but in my own way - not quite as low impact as Tania, but not full out like Shaun T.

I hadn't previewed either, but I had seen the infomercial. I'm a Shaun T fan.

Tomorrow for me is the Total Body Circuit and it's tough!

Good luck!
  • amvanwin
    amvanwin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 today and as encouragement I can honestly tell you is is already a little easier than last week. By Saturday of week one my shoulders, quads, glutes, and especially my hip flexors were chopped liver but I lost 4 pounds and 1.5 inches off my waist (IN 5 DAYS!). Stretching on Sunday was good but didn't push me very far, I'm thinking about adding in some yoga this week.

Long story short- you will love this. It gets really hard but totally worth it! :)
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started today the t25 cardio....I was only able to do mostly the modified but I did do that whole 25 minutes without stopping...I find the fast lunging to be my most difficult move on the alpha cardio so far...but im optimistic that I will be able to get away from some modified move by next week
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Also started the workout yesterday. my calves and my hip flexor are killing me this morning. Speed 1.0 is a lot more fun, looking forward to my workout tonight.
  • toniarandall331
    toniarandall331 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    I started on January 6th. I am so excited.
  • gatx
    Options
    Today was day 2 and did Speed 1.0. I 'did my best' ha! I am just not as fast footed... but hopefully that will come. I liked Speed 1.0... the stretches were a welcome break to catch my breath and gave me a chance to really try to go all out on the next round.

I modify some, but in my own way - not quite as low impact as Tania, but not full out like Shaun T.

That's pretty much what I do... if I have to slow down, I looked at Tania and followed her for a few beats and then tried to keep up with Shaun again.
    but I lost 4 pounds and 1.5 inches off my waist (IN 5 DAYS!).
    Wow! Awesome job!! I need to rein in my diet and hopefully the pounds will follow that! I had lost a bunch last year doing Jillian Micheals and Chalean... got lazy and gained some back... trying to reboot myself! Congrats on awesome loss!

I find the fast lunging to be my most difficult move on the alpha cardio so far
    Yes! That's about when my calves started seizing up on me! I hope to ramp that up soon!
    my calves and my hip flexor are killing me this morning. Speed 1.0 is a lot more fun, looking forward to my workout tonight.
    I can tell my calves will be achy tomorrow... I am glad I don't have to wear heels to work... but am hoping to on Friday night! Thankfully I do have cute flats! ha!
    I started on January 6th. I am so excited.
    Nice job starting!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,873 Member
    Options
    I started on Saturday the fourth. Tonight I did core. It was so much easier than the others. But still had me sweating like a pig.

Night everyone, and great going!

Shelley
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 today and as encouragement I can honestly tell you is is already a little easier than last week. By Saturday of week one my shoulders, quads, glutes, and especially my hip flexors were chopped liver but I lost 4 pounds and 1.5 inches off my waist (IN 5 DAYS!). Stretching on Sunday was good but didn't push me very far, I'm thinking about adding in some yoga this week.

Long story short- you will love this. It gets really hard but totally worth it! :)

Wow, that is amazing!!! I'm on week 2, and I'm going up in weight. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm trying not to get discouraged, because, hey, I'm a woman and hormones are evil. I'll blame it on that. :) I tweaked my back a bit last night doing Total Body Circuit, so we'll see how today's workout goes. I hate getting old. :/

Kick some butt, everyone!
  • gatx
    Options
    But still had me sweating like a pig.

I did Total Body this a.m... and I workout in my basement (finished but not well heated). Its 8F outside right now so its chilly down there... and I was still sweating away :)
  • Lucindawysocki1
    Lucindawysocki1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started also on January 6th. The Cardio DVD was difficult, but I liked the Speed 1.0. It made me feel like I was able to endure and keep up longer because of the stretching. Today I'm going to do the Core workout. I hear its killer. Wish me luck!
    PS. I'm down a total of 6lbs since Jan 1st 2 of those pounds being lost just since Monday! Definitely a motivator for me to keep trucking! This workout WORKS!
  • gatx
    Options
    PS. I'm down a total of 6lbs since Jan 1st 2 of those pounds being lost just since Monday! Definitely a motivator for me to keep trucking! This workout WORKS!

Nice job on the loss. Good luck with core!
  • Cinnamon45
    Options
    T25 workout with weight training today! Feeling good, but tired!
  • toniarandall331
    toniarandall331 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 4 for me. I have not check my wieght but I am pretty sure I have lost at least 1lb. I doing T25 along with Turbo fire. I am so glad I found this group for support. Thanks to everyone and keep up the good work.
  • gatx
    Options
    Nice job... what are you doing for weight training?
    I am so glad I found this group for support.
    Congrats on day 4. I hope it is a loss! I am glad for the group too. Its nice to go through it with others!
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Days one and two down, doing Total Body (second attempt at week 1 since I got sick on Jan 4th). Yesterday I started doing 30 day shred right after t25 in hopes of building my stamina for double workout days.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    But still had me sweating like a pig.

I did Total Body this a.m... and I workout in my basement (finished but not well heated). Its 8F outside right now so its chilly down there... and I was still sweating away :)

I workout in my basement also. I always turn the heat off since I get so overheated. I turned my basement into my personal gym. If I cannot use it for an exercise it is not coming in!

SWEAT is FAT crying!

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Days one and two down, doing Total Body (second attempt at week 1 since I got sick on Jan 4th). Yesterday I started doing 30 day shred right after t25 in hopes of building my stamina for double workout days.

You look awesome! And you did right, start the week over when needed. Do not over do it though. You will achieve the opposite of what you wanted to achieve. Our bodies need rest. And you will build endurance. Thirteen year old twins, now that is work.

Shelley
  • Cinnamon45
    Options
    Nice job... what are you doing for weight training?

I work with a personal trainer for weights. This week was just one day since it was my first full week of T25. I usually do 30 minute weight sessions, so I can still fit T25 in after.
  • gatx
    Options
    Congrats on finishing week 1! I finally wrapped up today. (Did cardio and stretch). My HRM stopped reading 1/2 way in... I think its the battery.

I liked stretch... lots of hip flexor work... mine are always so tight!

Everyone looking forward to Week 2?
  • Cinnamon45
    Options
    I am looking forward to week two, except cardio circuit! Loll! That is the hardest one for me, followed by legs. I like that the circuit is early in the week on Tuesday.