2015 Brides

Options
mbarryteach
mbarryteach Posts: 52 Member
Hi,
I just got engaged this weekend and the first decision that we had to make was when will it be. My gut reaction was to plan it for this summer, 2014. But then I thought about my weight....I have been on MFP for almost a year and have lost 17 lbs all together but gained 12 of it back. I do not want to look "fat" at my wedding, I know that I won't be comfortable.

My fiancé and I have decided for weight and financial reasons to get married the summer of 2015..... Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I would love to get some bride-to-be's on my friend list for that White Dress Motivation!!

Replies

• Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've only just rejoined MFP and looked at the Brides to Be group. I get married in October 2015 and have about 4 stone to lose. I already bought my wedding dress and it's going to take a good 3 stone loss to get into it!! The extra year will give you a chance to save too and afford the things you want. I have a few friends who are all getting married in 2014 and 2105 and one of them bought me a wedding planning folder so see if you can get one. Good luck with the diet and add me if you want? x
  • CriticLite
    CriticLite Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally familiar to me! We are getting married in August of 2015. We decided to push it back to 2015 for a few different reasons; one is financial - we wanted to save up for it as well as not being in a rush to get married. We already live together and we are an "older" couple - I'm 35 and he's 40. I've already lost close to 50 lbs and have another 65 or more to lose.

How are you doing with your planning? We have just about everything booked already; another reason we pushed it back - so we could get exactly what we wanted without being disappointed because something was already booked.
  • kylabarr33
    Options
    I feel like I could have written any of these posts! I got engaged in October and my first thought was "Oh there is no way I am going to take all those pictures looking like I do right now!!!" So we pushed the date out to August 2015 for that and financial reasons.

I have been on MFP for a while now but I am now seriously dedicated to making this happen. I have about 45 pounds I would like to lose before going to pick out my dress this fall and about 70 pounds I would like to lose overall. I am so excited and I am ready to make this happen!

I would love to have some more friends to help keep me accountable and remind me that I am working out for the dress and for the man :wink:
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I got engaged at the beginning of November. We haven't booked anything yet, but tentatively looking at the beginning of 2015, probably February. A lot of the venues get booked up over a year in advance and I do want to lose weight before I even have to shop for the dress to save on having to pay for extra fabric (ha!) and then pay more for alterations to cut it off. My fiancé and I are not summer people and it gets too hot here for us to be comfortable for a summer wedding so giving just over a year and doing winter is perfect for us.
    I had lost over 30 lbs when I joined MFP in 2011/2012. Then I met my fiancé in May 2012 and well, we spent a lot of time going out to eat and I gained it back. It's much easier to pay attention to what you eat when you are just fending for yourself and it's easier to avoid temptations of the restaurant variety. So I totally blame it on him. lol I will probably shop for my dress this May and want to lose about 40 lbs by then.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    March 2015 for me!
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    This entire board sounds so familiar! I just got engaged (Christmas Eve) and I have decided that I want a fall wedding but my fiance doesn't want to do it right away so we're shooting for October 2015. We both want to pay off debts and lose weight between now and then. Ideally I'd like to lose 50lbs before I go dress shopping. My fiance doesn't need to lose as much but we both said we'd wait on engagement photos until we were a little trimmer.

I was so excited to finally have a 'real' goal to work for, I've yo-yo'd for far to long. I'm hoping that the wedding will just be that final kick in the pants to keep me healthy for life.

Granted I did eat two donuts yesterday and then wondered where that wedding dress resolve was but I'm back on my game today!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I got engaged on Christmas. I originally wanted an October 2014 wedding, but I was putting too much pressure on myself to be at my goal weight (or pretty damn close) too soon, so I'm now shooting for a May 2015 wedding.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    March 2015 for me!

Me too!
  • vielet06
    Options
    May 23th, 2015 is the day I will finally get married. This is exciting and terrifying. Now I get to spend the next 15 months (488 days) making it perfect.
    We have been engaged for two years already and for financial reasons we have had to push it back over and over. Now we have a date and a venue I need to put fire under my butt. I want to be back down to my normal weight of 150 (which I used to think was fat!). I can already picture me in my dress and everything.
  • marcypine9
    Options
    Good Luck! I am in the same boat. I had lost about 15 lbs but gained back 20! I am getting married Spring 2015 in the caribbean.... So I'm determined to look great!:smile:
  • mbarryteach
    mbarryteach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    In a wonderful turn go events our wedding date has been moved to Aug 2014!!!! And I ordered my dress a size too small....lol. Wish me luck.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Got engaged on our 5 year anniversary, November 15th. We're thinking late spring/summer/early fall 2015. We haven't planned ANYTHING yet. Jeez. We don't even know if we're going to have a wedding, or elope and have a local reception. Or maybe just get married at the court house? Is anyone else thinking about a non-traditional wedding?

Either way I'm down about 50 lbs so far....looking for another 30 or so....
  • HSnyder1984
    HSnyder1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We got engaged on New Year's Eve and just set our date for May 16, 2015. That is all the planning we have gotten accomplished :) I still can't decide if I want to have a big wedding or just a small ceremony and a big party afterwards. We've also talked about just going to the court house. I always thought I knew what I wanted (pinterest board and everything!) but now that I'm actually engaged...I have NO CLUE what I want!
  • nancyramirez131
    nancyramirez131 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5/15/15 for me followed by a week in Hawaii!

We chose next year for both financial reasons and because I told him that I needed the time to lose weight and get in shape. I could get married tomorrow but I would not be the bride that I want to be!

Looking for fellow 2015 Brides to provide support to/get some from!
  • nancyramirez131
    nancyramirez131 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally familiar to me! We are getting married in August of 2015. We decided to push it back to 2015 for a few different reasons; one is financial - we wanted to save up for it as well as not being in a rush to get married. We already live together and we are an "older" couple - I'm 35 and he's 40. I've already lost close to 50 lbs and have another 65 or more to lose.

How are you doing with your planning? We have just about everything booked already; another reason we pushed it back - so we could get exactly what we wanted without being disappointed because something was already booked.

LOL I love that "older" couple! I'm 36 and he's 38 so we are right there with ya!
  • soonerkt87
    soonerkt87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just set my date! April 25, 2015! I am so excited and ready to get this weight off!
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We will be engaged at the end of this year and we are planning for a fall 2015 wedding. It's a long ways away it seems like but the upside to that is i can lose weight in a healthy way where it hopefully will stay off! Trying to get used to MFP and my fitbit and counting calories and working out getting into a routine that i will def have down by the end of this year for a positive and less stressful but very busy 2015!
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We have just set our date too - April 26, 2015! so excited :)
  • Jenny052715
    Jenny052715 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2015 BTB! Conrats to everyone. Please feel free to add me if you'd like. I try to be supportive and encouraging.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I both chose 2015 for a lot of reasons, and I think we were relieved because it gives us time to work on our weights. For me, the wedding dress is the scariest. His mother wants to take me dress shopping in the worst way, but I refuse until I've dropped 70lbs. I hope to reach that by January 2015 so that I can have plenty of time to enjoy the experience before October 10, 2015!