January 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I managed to catch the virus going around the family, so I did nothing yesterday. I did a two mile walk tonight and it has left me pretty tired, but not exausted (improvement from earlier this week). I am hoping that by the end of the week I will be back on my game.

kawookie, Hope that you continue to feel better :flowerforyou: . Good for you for getting in a walk tonight!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles of 5 Mega Miles today.

30 out of 125 goal miles.
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi, I know it's already the 7th, but I'd like to join your group.
    I've been away for almost a year. due to health problems, a family death and not one but 2 moves Last year was a crazy one and I'm glad it's over. But now it's time to get back on track. (also my Dr. made some threats). This last year I've gained instead of lost. So now it's time to turn that around I'm just slow at getting started. But today I pulled out all my LS DVDs and decided it was a great place to start sense it's so cold outside and started with a 4 fast miler. I think I can make 50 miles this month... It feels good to be back :smile:
    Connie
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1/1: 2 miles
    1/2: 2 miles
    1/3: 3 miles
    1/4: 8 miles (5 morning and 3 evening)
    1/5: 2 miles
    1/6: 2 miles
    1/8: 3 miles

22/62 miles complete
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Added just over 3 miles today

exercise.png
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've been away for almost a year. due to health problems, a family death and not one but 2 moves Last year was a crazy one and I'm glad it's over. But now it's time to get back on track. (also my Dr. made some threats). This last year I've gained instead of lost. So now it's time to turn that around I'm just slow at getting started. But today I pulled out all my LS DVDs and decided it was a great place to start sense it's so cold outside and started with a 4 fast miler. I think I can make 50 miles this month... It feels good to be back :smile:
    Connie

Hi Connie - jump right in - its never too late to join us. I can certainly relate to 2013 being a bad year - my issues were similar to yours. You are on the right track! Looking forward to walking with you this month!!:flowerforyou:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    January Walkers are burning up some miles!!! Thank you for keeping me motivated!!!

1/2 3M Walk off 10 lbs

1/6 - 3M Radio Remixes

1/7 - 3M Belly, Buns & Thighs

1/8 - 3 Fast Miles - my very first LS DVD and still one of my favorites

12 down - 38 to go

Walk on!!!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to welcome you to our forum, Connie...it's good to be walking with you!!!:bigsmile:

Sue
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My husband just got me a few new walks from Walmart. So I did 2 miles Walk away your hips and thighs.

I'm still working on getting better from this virus, but I have decided that doing 2 mile walks will help me sweat out the remaining ick. 2 miles feels like 4 or 5 so I know it is the most I can do for now.

exercise.png
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 31-124 miles

Today: 5 miles(30 min wheelchair Zumba; 3 miles LS Radio Remixes)

Total: 15 miles
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Belly Blasting Walk — 2 Miles

Total: 12 miles
    Goal: 30
    Miles left: 18
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    8.71 miles walked today

35.65 miles walked to date
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wednesday:

3 miles: Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for January: at least 50 combined miles

So far: 22.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

Walk Happy :happy:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Connie

Connie, welcome back to MFP, and welcome to the Walk At Home forum and the monthly walk challenge. I understand what you are saying because in the past I have lived through years exactly like you described. My heart and sympathy goes out to you and your family for the family death.

Now is the time to move forward, and please do not look back and beat yourself up for the weight gain or losing sight (temporarily) of your health and fitness goals. You are here starting over and jumping right back in.

We look forward to your continuing to walk with us :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Kawookie:

I do that too when I'm recovering from colds and the like. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Feeling much better today, but not yet back to 100%.
    Got in 6000 steps per the Fitbit, my goal is 8000.
    Happy Friday!

Glad ur feeling better:)). I have a fitbit, let me know if u want to connect :). Happy Saturday

I just got a fit bit and have done one Leslie 2 mile walk since. But the fitbit only logged 1 mile. Are my steps just too small or is this common?

It's common :(. Same thing for me.

Oh thank you- now I know!!

Sussex and Duda:

I think the Fitbit might not count side steps or walking knee lifts sometimes. What do ya'll think?

TIA,
    Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    * * * 60 Miles in January * * *

As of 1/6/2014:

22 miles done, 38 to go!

Walk Strong Everyone :drinker:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I achieved 7500 steps today per the Fitbit, includes a 45 minute walk at work.:smile:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Keep it up everyone!

I did 5 miles today (3 miles of the 4 mile Super Walk & Walking Down Your Blood Sugar).

35 out of 125 goal miles...going to have to step it up a little more!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Kawookie:

I do that too when I'm recovering from colds and the like. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ann

Thanks - I hope to be much better tomorrow. I am tired of this! I thought I was the only one who was crazy enough to exercise while feeling half dead.
    Kim