Body fat 16 - 18 range

Options
CariS001
CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
I'm trying to keep my BF% in the 16-18% range, but it feels like a constant struggle. When I start creeping up, I find cutting back carbs, ensuring my diet is wheat and dairy free, and ensuring my N.E.A.T. remains high. But, I'm wondering what works for others??

Ideally, I wouldn't creep up! (My ultimate goal is to prevent that!!) But, when I do, just looking for the best suggestions for nipping it quick!

Any fitness/figure/bikini competitors over here??

Replies

• teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My bodyfat is 17.1%. I actually don't eat super great. I eat well but I need more protein and less sugar. I teach spin classes though so I do a LOT of cardio. I also have a 2.5 year old so I run around a lot chasing him. I think doing what you're doing is better (watching your diet) than my lots of cardio. If I didn't teach spin I would probably do approximately half the cardio that I'm doing now. Make sure you drink a lot of water too.

I did fitness modeling competitions a long time ago and maybe would like to do it again but I'm not sure if my marriage can survive my mood swings with less carbs :). When I was doing those I wasn't married and nobody else had to deal with me :). I am thinking towards figure though since I am naturally a pretty muscular build.
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is also my goal for this year. I have worked very hard putting on muscle for the past year and now it's time to see them. My biggest problem comes from over eating on the weekends. I eat very clean most of the time, then my dear hubby s bad influence on the weekends ruins what I've done for the week (I like to blame it on him lol). So if I kick that habit I think I'll have success. Right now I think I'm at around 23-24% body fat. It's hard to get below that for me. But I'm really going to try hard this year.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is also my goal for this year. I have worked very hard putting on muscle for the past year and now it's time to see them. My biggest problem comes from over eating on the weekends. I eat very clean most of the time, then my dear hubby s bad influence on the weekends ruins what I've done for the week (I like to blame it on him lol). So if I kick that habit I think I'll have success. Right now I think I'm at around 23-24% body fat. It's hard to get below that for me. But I'm really going to try hard this year.

I also struggle with "off" days (not necessarily on weekends). They derail me and it drives me crazy that I sabotage my progress with them!