Glucometer Suggestions?

Options
blueimp
blueimp Posts: 230 Member
I was originally given an Accu-Chek Nano glucometer by the insurance company nurse. It worked well for quite some time, then quit. I replaced the batteries and it worked about a day. Then I contacted Roche and they sent me their own batteries, saying they were fresher. This time it worked from November through December; it died again. I called Roche, but they were closed due to weather; I emailed Roche and the only response so far is to join their users club for valuable information. It's warmed up, people are returning to work and school -- and I still don't have an answer. Ergo, I'm not testing. If I wind up buying a glucometer does any one have suggestions for models that are easy to use and inexpensive in terms of supplies? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I use a TruTest. Cheapest strips I have found. My old pharmacy gave it to me free when I bought 100 strips for just under $30. I just had to use a new pharmacy to buy strips and it was more like $60 for 100. Still cheaper than a lot of other ones. This one has been holding up for about 2 or more years.

My daughter bought hers at Target for about $25 and the strips are something like $35 per 50. She has no problem using it and she is very squeamish about stabbing herself.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sharon!
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Relion at Walmart $9. for 50 strips. A meter is $16. You can also buy it at Walmart.com and have it shipped.