Hi everyone, I'm new here

Options
TNHoneyBBQ
TNHoneyBBQ Posts: 25 Member
Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP and very happy to find such a lively and supportive forum for Type 2 folks. In sugar addict mode I have been off the wagon for a while and it has caught up with me. I know it's time to get serious and save myself while I still can. My current A1C is 10.7, morning BS was 245. I have hit the bottom.

It's nice to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you! Carol in TN

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Hi Carol and welcome! You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here. I hope that you also talk with your doctor and work with a diabetes educator to get their support in managing diabetes. You're making a good start! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • TNHoneyBBQ
    Options
    Thanks, Lynn. I appreciate the 'atta girl' and I have a date with the doc soon. I am already cringing, lol
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    One step at a time, right? It sounds like you'll have some positive changes to tell your doctor about at your next visit. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are not alone. It does help to share. This group is amazing. Good luck!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate.Feel free to add :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    :drinker:
  • TNHoneyBBQ
    Options
    Thanks! I have gathered up a treadmill and a recumbent bike at home, hoping to get a daily routine going. I love to knit and look forward to knitting while I'm pedaling!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    These are excellent ideas Carol! I've never tried knitting while riding a stationary bike but I guess that way you move both your legs and your hands! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • shadylady_57
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm new here too, I'm 57 and I have been a diabetic since Nov.2006.
    Last April I started have bad labs and my blood sugars were out of
    contol, I was taking 50units of Lantis, 10 units of Byetta x2day, 12
    units of Humalog before meals and a sliding scale in between.. My
    Liver enzymes were over 1000,my Dr. and I discussed having gastric
    bypass surgery. I had vertical sleeve surgery on July 29,13. Before
    surgery I weighed 266 , went om pre op diet for 4 1/2 weeks, day of
    surgery I weighed 242, post op I've lost a total of 71 weight is 198
    as of Jan. 2,14..I only take 20 units of Lantis and rarely take 1 or 2 units
    of Humalog, I feel really good I went from a size 3x to 18 pants, lg., shirt.
    I look forward to getting to know everyone, and for all the spport I can get.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm new here too, I'm 57 and I have been a diabetic since Nov.2006.
    Last April I started have bad labs and my blood sugars were out of
    contol, I was taking 50units of Lantis, 10 units of Byetta x2day, 12
    units of Humalog before meals and a sliding scale in between.. My
    Liver enzymes were over 1000,my Dr. and I discussed having gastric
    bypass surgery. I had vertical sleeve surgery on July 29,13. Before
    surgery I weighed 266 , went om pre op diet for 4 1/2 weeks, day of
    surgery I weighed 242, post op I've lost a total of 71 weight is 198
    as of Jan. 2,14..I only take 20 units of Lantis and rarely take 1 or 2 units
    of Humalog, I feel really good I went from a size 3x to 18 pants, lg., shirt.
    I look forward to getting to know everyone, and for all the spport I can get.

HI! Sounds like you are well on your way to excellent health....congratulations!! They call diabetes "the silent killer" because you don't really feel sick and the symptoms are usually a minor annoyance....like thirst or, in my case, chronic yeast infections. I suspected I had T2 a year before I was diagnosed but I didn't want to believe it...no one in my family had diabetes. Thankfully, I only take Metformin now and I hope to be off that eventually. Continued success with controlling your diabetes and congrats on your weight loss!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story Shadylady, and it's wonderful to hear that you're feeling so good. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I seldom used my treadmill and was depressed when it came to exercising UNTIL i started walking outside. I enjoy it alot more then the treadmill. Since Im in the south, the cold doesn't stop me very often. I use it as time to catch up with friends because I leave with a full battery on my phone. If Im in a good conversation the walk ends too quickly!
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy feel free to add me.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I like the way you've found a way to enjoy exercise Tracy! ~Lynn /Glucerna