any runners here?

Options
I am wanting to start the couch to 5 k. ultimately a friend invited me to run a marathon with him in oct.. i know i have to start slow, but i have enough time to train. hes doing the 50 states marathon club. hes a marathon maniac. a special running club you have to qualify for by doing so many marathons in so long of time. so i would love to join him.

with that said i want to start with the c25k.. get comfortable with that distance than move to the 10 k.. than half .. onto the marathon.. i have completed a half marathon, but i never trained for it because daddy got sick at that time. and than he passed away..

i do love running though. but would love someone to go through the program with me. any takers?

running is good for making your muscles long and lean too so its a extra bonus.

Replies

• Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the C25k off and on but, I do work out 30 min in the morning on the treadmill I walk at 3.5 mph at a 6.5% incline alternating waking 5 min running 3 min at 4.5 mph same incline....then on my lunch break I go outside and do the same alternating walking running for 20min ( if it's raining I do 30min on the elliptical instead) ...then in the evening when I get home I do 30 min of weights/ strength training. 3x a week... But I would like to get back doing the C25k app again....friend me or message me :)
  • vijaynarayanan
    Options
    Completely agree,

nothing like a good run for cutting it lean.

There was a time I used to start the day with a 5k run before my practice and conditioning (used to be a amateur boxer)

Now pushing 5k again 2 times a week after 17 years of break and 20 odd kgs of additional fat and a beer belly :noway:

Vy
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    would you want to start the c25k program with me?
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I joined this group and I will be walking the c25k
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    awesome!!!! welcome
  • LMEGAW
    LMEGAW Posts: 13
    Options
    Im definitely starting this tomorrow.

I kind of started my own version last week (didnt know about the c25k)
    I started walking for 2 mins at 5.5 on treadmil and then running at 7.5 for 1 min.
    I repeated this for 15 minutes.

I was really surprised that I actually done it. Granted its only small but at 260lbs and not able to run the lenght of myself I was pretty pleased, and dare I say, really enjoyed it!

I cant wait to see how we get on at this!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    great job!! no only in movement.. own it!! your doing it
  • Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Just started c25k, planned days are Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Using the zen lab app. Plan on doing a 5k the end of March. Good luck.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    im using zen lab too.. they have a 10 k im going to work up too.
  • LMEGAW
    LMEGAW Posts: 13
    Options
    I done my own version of the C25K today.

I did the whole 5k in 53 minutes.

Walking 1 min 5.0mph
    Running 1 min 6.5mph

And I repeated this until I done it!!

Im gonna do the same for rest of this week.
  • Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Super job :smile:
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    awesome!!!