Wanted: Yoga Community of Friends for MFP support

Options
sruvane
sruvane Posts: 65 Member
Yoga teacher looking for community of supporters to reach our wellness goals for 2014. I have a grounding in yoga, nutrition, and psychology, but have found that life events can trump all my training. Looking for friends on the same journey - for daily inspiration, recipe exchange, and inspiration. Namaste <3

Replies

• KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello! My 2014 resolutions are (1) to do a lot more yoga this year and (2) clean up my eating. My husband and I recently gave up meat, so I am always on the lookout for new vegetarian recipes. ;-)
  • stupermom
    stupermom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm relatively new to "real" yoga. I started Bikram yoga last September, and although I love it, I have an appointment at a Yoga studio to see what they have to offer to round out my "practice".

So far I love what it's done for my arthritis and general aches and pains (not to mention the mental and emotional benefits) . It's almost like magic!

I turn 50 at the end of January and am committed to making the effort required to make the next 50 years as great as the first!

I have about 30 lbs to lose and am trying to cut out processed food and eat 80/20 (clean/not so clean), as well as increase the exercise.

I'd love the company on the journey!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am up to this! I have been practicing yoga for 5 years but, constantly battle my weight. I have Hashimoto's and am post menopausal at 44. So, I went through some pretty major hormone changes over the last few years. I am focused this year to get back to myself and a healthy weight. Lots of yoga, walking and clean eating is my plan. Please add me to your group!
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Looking for yoga friends too - I've been into yoga since 2007 and although my practice has waxed and waned over the years I'd like to reaffirm my practice and get inspired by other yoga practioners!