INTRODUCTIONS AND STARTING STATISTICS

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi there Challengers and thanks for joining the group!!

Please copy the text below, select REPLY and paste into your own post - then fill in the blanks.

You can work out your body fat percentage using the link provided to HeyBales Spreadsheet in the "Rules and Guidelines" thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1172646-rules-and-guidelines

Please also read the "Goal Setting" thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1173259-goal-setting-before-you-start and spend some time to write out your goals and affirmations. This will REALLY help you later on if you hit a speed hump.

I am looking forward to getting to know you!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

Name:
Starting Weight:
Starting Date:
Goal Weight:

Starting Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

Personal goal (written as an affirmation):

“Before” photo (optional):

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Name: Skim
    Sex: Female
    Height: 166cm
    Starting Weight: 62.8kg
    Starting Date: 20 January 2014
    Goal Weight: 58kg? (not really sure, more about the measurements and Body Fat for me)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 29.5cm
    Chest: 96.5cm
    Waist: 71cm
    Hips: 93cm
    Thigh: 56.5cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 22.93%
    Goal Body Fat %: about 20% would be good

It is now, 14 April 2014. I stand on the scales and look down and see that I weigh 58kg. My waist is 68cm and my thigh is 54cm. I have only 20% body fat. I maintain my weight effortlessly by following a healthy lifestyle.
    I am happy and thankful that my diet is 90% wheat and sugar free. I exercise 5 times a week doing a combination of weights and cardio. I am slim and sexy, trim, taut and terrific! I look and feel amazing!!

I am developing clean eating and consistent exercise habits that are so ingrained into my lifestyle that they stay with me for the rest of my life.

“Before” photo (optional): I'm not that clever, but they are in my blog - also profile pic.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Righto! I'll play - thanks for doing this Skim. Like many I had a pretty indulgent Christmas combined with a whole lot of disruption in my personal life so the combination of festive/comfort eating and drinking has set me back a couple of kgs.
    So I'm super committed to continue pressing on with renewed motivation towards my 'ideal self'.

Name: Gen
    Sex: As often as possible. *guffaw*. F.
    Height: 154cm :(
    Starting Weight: I'm having to guess this but can come back and edit later. I'll go with 62.2 - feels right.
    Starting Date: 20 Jan 2014.
    Goal Weight: 60. Ultimately 58 but really like Skim I care more about body fat and I don't think 4kg is a realistic loss for me over only 12 weeks.

Starting Measurements: I'll use the ones my PT took last Saturday. She does it over my clothes, and when I next measure I'll likely do it in my undies so there's a little bit of a margin for error there.

Bicep: 30
    Chest: 93
    Waist: 72
    Hips: 91
    Thigh: 60

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 30.9 (Disclaimer: this was taken on the machine at my gym last week. I DON"T trust spreadsheets but of course if others do that's fine. My PT gets hers measured lying down using the full on zapping machine (don't know what it's called) - she always looks lean and fit to me but hers is currently 26% post Christmas so there's just no way I'm anything less than 30).
    Goal Body Fat %: 28.5

It's the 14th April 2014 and I feel slim and fit and full of energy. I've had a full month sugar free (aiming for all of February) in this period, and I can confidently get my gear off in front of a new bloke without being too self-conscious. I'm currently at the gym at least 4 days a week, staying under my calorie goal 6 days a week and generally just loving life.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Great idea and thanks for creating this group!!! I'll be back after work with my details (gotta measure, weigh etc)
  • tanyapa
    Options
    Hi my name is tanya and I live in perth looking forward to the challenge
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Name: Monique
    Sex: F
    Height: 165cm
    Starting Weight: 54.6
    Starting Date: 20/01/2014 (I'll be checking in Mondays)
    Goal Weight: 52

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 25cm
    Chest: 85cm
    Waist: 66cm
    Hips: 93cm
    Thigh: 54cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 20.76% (spreadsheet method)
    Goal Body Fat %: under 20% (first time tracking body fat, don't really know what to expect)

Personal goal: After 12 weeks I will be 52kg or less, with my hips under 90cm and my thighs 50cm or less. I'm on track with my 10 km under 1 hour running goal by May. I'm eating cleaner, and have a better handle on making better diet choices away from home.

“Before” photo (optional): Profile picture... but that's almost a year old now, so I best update.
  • miselly
    miselly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Skim, this is a great idea, just what I'm looking for. I'm not trim nor am I taut, but I am terrific, so 1 down 2 to go!

Name: Elly
    Height: 157
    Starting Weight: 71.5
    Starting Date: 14.1.14
    Goal Weight: Ultimately 58 but for this challenge 66. I have POCS so 200g loss a week is good for me.

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 34R 31L
    Chest: 103
    Waist: 85
    Hips: 103
    Thigh: 64

Starting Body Fat % 36.8 %(wholly back fat Batman...)
    Goal Body Fat %: anything under 30% pretty please

Personal goal : As I wake up and go through to the bathroom on the 14th April, I look at my self in the mirror and think to myself, hmm not bad for 46. I'm full of energy and feeling great, I'm happy and confident. I'm proud of how I've kept my commitment to exercising everyday, what an achievement, Yaaaa to me
  • Geisha_girl
    Options
    Name: Alicia
    Height: 165cm
    Starting Weight: 64.4
    Starting Date: 20.1.14
    Goal Weight: 55-60kg

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 27
    Chest: 86.5
    Waist: 71
    Hips: 100
    Thigh: 52.5

Goal Body Fat %:

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): On 14th April I will have reached my GW, I will feel lighter, carefree and confident. I will be successfully weightlifting. I will have stuck to my Paleo style of life and the results will show. My self control will be impeccable.X
  • candirose69
    Options
    Name:Candice (or Candi)
    Sex:Lady
    Height:161cm
    Starting Weight: 80kg
    Starting Date:20.01.14
    Goal Weight:74kg (1/2 kg a week seems ok at my weight)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep:33cm
    Chest: 12DD
    Waist:82cm
    Hips:116 cm
    Thigh:63cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known):41
    Goal Body Fat %:38

Personal goal (written as an affirmation):It is the 14th of April and I am going to visit my in-laws for Easter looking the best I ever have. I feel happy and confident and not embarrassed for my husband.
    I now weight 74kg's and have a waist measurement less then 80cm (out of the danger zone). I can also run 5km in 30minutes.
    I am going to see the above happen because-
    Once I have had dinner I do not need to eat anything else before bed.
    I will eat at 1400 Calories (more if net is >1200)
    I will limit Take away to one MEAL a fortnight
    I will not eat biscuits from the tea room at work, they make me feel sick and regretful
    I will walk to work 5 days a week-weather permitting
    I will complete every work out asked of me by the c25k program
    I will do pump 3x a week
    I will do 15 minutes of yoga/stretches every morning
    I will reach 10,000 steps a day-weather permitting
    I will check in with the tt&t group everyday
    I will post something inspirational to the group at least every week
    When I need support I will text Tiff, or post on MFP :)
    I WILL LOG EVERYTHING I EAT AND DRINK FOR THE NEXT 12 WEEKS!!!

“Before” photo (optional):camera on my phone doesn't work, will upload one when I can
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name:Allie
    Height:163cm
    Starting Weight:95kg
    Starting Date:20.01.14
    Goal Weight:>90kg (so 89.9 or better)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep:36cm
    Bust: 110cm (20E)
    Waist:98cm
    Hips:116 cm
    Thigh:65cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known):38.5 (from my bathroom scales)
    Goal Body Fat %: anything less than 37

It is the 14th of April and as a part of my morning routine I weigh myself NEKED :)
    The scales jump about, keeping me in suspense like I'm on the Biggest Looser ..

And then finally stop at 89.8
    I have to force myself not to do a wobble jig because I have to wait for the BodyFat calculation to happen...
    then I realize.. wait.. i dont wobble as much any more and get more excited!

The BodyFat Calc comes up and its 36.5..
    I jump off the scale in excitement... (because I can now jump Neked without giving myself a black eye!!!!!)

I am extremely proud of myself, I have not have weighed this low in over 15 years.. and so I jump straight on the MFP Forums and post about my achievement!! (with my webcam off of course!)

I have made decision to make this important change in my life, because every day I see what a debilitating and depressing effect MS can have on peoples lives.. and I swear to you all that I plan to be "LIVING" with MS and not "SUFFERING" with MS

To help me achieve these goals i plan on doing the following..
    Being observant about the foods I eat (making choices that will enhance my health)
    Preparing my meals with Paleo/Primal inspiration (all fresh - no processed / minimal packaged)
    Keeping 100% Dairy Free
    Making all attempts to be 90+% gluten free
    Doing my best to stick to the NETT calories MFP sets out for me (currently 1200) but not getting angry with myself when I do not
    Walking on the tredmill for 20+ min at least 3 times a week (may even re-attempt the C25k again if my health allows)
    Obtaining the services of a Nutritionist to help me establish a inflammation reducing, myelin production increasing diet.
    Obtaining the services Personal trainer to help me with strengthening exercises that I can do at home within the constraints of my MS

(sorry! I added a few extras in there so that you guys can help Nag me :blushing: )

“Before” photo (optional): It says optional.. so Ummmm yeah... I hate cameras! i dont even have progress pics...

Allie
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yay, more friends!! Reading this over has helped steer me away from the 7-Eleven... not that I was going to anyway... or maybe I was.

Oh whoops, this is Intros, not Random Chatter. Just wanted to say Bravo, and Allie I particularly like yours :)
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    Hi all – I am happy to join – even thought my goals might be a bit different to most of yours :)

Name: SydneyBeachGirl (SBG) – alias Krissy :)
    Location: Sydney – close to the airport ( I fly frequently for work commitments –and when I do I am usually away for 2 or 3 weeks)
    Height: 175cm (fairly tall for a girl)
    Starting Weight: 107kg
    Starting Date:
    Goal Weight: 103 kg (or so)

Now here I have to stop and explain you about my weight.
    Yes -I am over 100kgs and I don’t want to go below 100kgs – why?
    I used to be an athlete in my youth – I did competitive rowing for 7years and that shows: I am a big girl with well defined muscles and whilst I have a decent “lovehandle” to loose that will not make me below 100kg – and I am absolutely fine with it. I pulled out of rowing because I was diagnosed with AT (Athlete’s triad – I write about this in my blog) and I had a range of health issues to deal with, and I still tend to be restrictive with my food intake – most days I can barely make it beyond 1100calories.
    I am being absolutely honest and realistic here – I was 85kgs at 23. And spent 2weeks in hospital for malnutrtion on drips….was not an experience I want to repeat. I don’t care what the BMI says –knowing my body my healthy weight is in the range of 100-110kgs..I would like to be closer to 100 than to 110 by the end of 2014.
    I am plannig to start a family in a couple of years (I am a bit late - but that is because of my AT issues) and I would like to be at 100kg (or 98) for the pregnancy.

I train about 6-7times a week (not counting walking). I am not addicted to exercise – life is more than just exercising- but I have to have some kind of exercise every day. Sometimes 2 or 3 sessions a day. I might go for a cycle+jog combo in the morning, then do Bodypump class in the afternoon after doing a high intensity brief session on the rower. Or I might cycle 20km on a beautiful day and combine it with an ocean swim. Some days I just do a gym set or stick to the treadmill.

I like triathlons – for the fun of it. I am bad at running but triatlons are a fun way of pushing myself to keep working at it. Unfortunately, as my running is really bad I usually do mini triathlons – swimming, cycling is cool – but then having to run 5K or more that is not possible for me right now. But I will get there :)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 42 cm (tried to measure it at the widest)
    Chest: 18C/D (never going to change unless my hormones play up –again!)
    Waist: 114 (but it is the love handles I want to loose)
    Hips: 127 (I am a big girl)
    Thigh: 68 (tried to measure it at the widest)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): I don’t know and don’t want to know unless it is measured by a medically qualified person
    Goal Body Fat %:

• By 1st July I will be able to jog across the Sydney Harbour Bridge doing at least 2M run+1M walk
    • By 1st July I will have lost 2kgs and kept it off – my weight stabilised at 105kgs
    • By 1st July I will be able to eat more than 1200calories a day without having to count the calories– enough to net off my calories burnt by exercise
    • By 1st July I will have learnt to cook 5 more dishes which are filling, healthy and easy-to-prepare
    • By 1st July I have cycled the Gong short course at least 1x

“Before” photo (optional):
    In my profile
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Danielle
    Height: 171
    Starting Weight: 102 kg
    Starting Date: 20.1.14
    Goal Weight: 97 kg (for the challenge, overall goal 80 kg)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 36 cm
    Chest: 115 cm
    Waist: 103 cm
    Hips: 123 cm
    Thigh: 71 cm

Personal goal:
    It is now the 14th April, 2014. I stand on the scales and look down and see that I weigh 96.5 kg, just under my challenge goal weight. I have lost more cm from my body and my clothes are starting to hang off me. I have achieved this by eating a range of healthy foods, continuing to log my caloric intake and maintaining a caloric deficit.
    I have also continued to attend the gym regularly at least 5 times a week and include a wide variety of activities in my gym plan. RxD is now my favourite activity and I complete it with very few modifications. I have started a running programme. I have continued to read a variety of health related articles and my knowledge and understanding has improved.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Welcome everyone, hope to see a lot more registrations in the next few days, I know we are all going to be a huge success!!!

And Gen, I know what you mean... The temptation to chat here and answer all the posts individually is high :) I want to welcome everyone and say how excited I am!!
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ok, here goes:

Name: Helen
    Height: 168cm
    Starting Weight: 82.6kg
    Starting Date: 14 Jan 2014
    Goal Weight: 79 for this challenge, 68 by Christmas

Starting Measurements:
    Right Bicep: 31
    Chest: 103.5
    Waist: 94
    Hips: 102
    Thigh: 61

Starting Body Fat %: 40.6%
    Goal Body Fat %: 39% during this challenge, sub 30% by Christmas

Personal goal: It is now the 14th April, 2014. I am at a party wearing a sexy dress, feeling fantastic. I am the fittest I have ever been in my life and feel full of energy and life. Nothing feels beyond me. I walk every day and climb the stairs regularly. I am enjoying a variety of exercises that maintain my flexibility, balance and strength. I can manage 29 flights without stopping and am looking forward to trying the full 53. Life is damn good!

“Before” photo: No idea how, will try to update profile pic soon
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Height: 170
    Starting Weight: 108.3
    Starting Date: 20 Jan
    Goal Weight: ultimately 70 but for this challenge anything under 100 would make me happy - around 90 would make me ecstatic.

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep:
    Chest: 16E
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:
    ( I will come back to this and fill it in as an edit - once I've worked it out and found tape measure)

It is 14th April and I wake early and do half an hour of yoga before getting the children up for school. I am calm, relaxed and strong. For the past 12 weeks I have been keeping to my calorie goal and doing two half hour yoga sessions a day. As the weather is now cooling down I will start taking half hour walks during the day. I will gradually increase the duration of these walks to an hour a day.

I will not beat myself up if I eat something not considered to be healthy but I neither will I let myself use an occasional treat as an excuse to binge.

I will not worry if the scale takes time to catch up. I will be patient and keep logging and staying on track.

I am not on a diet. I have rather changed my eating habits, this is a permanent change.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Name: Julie
    Sex: Love Sex so yes ' that's one of the reasons
    Height: 164
    Starting Weight: 77kg
    Starting Date: 14-1-2014
    Goal Weight: 65kg

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 34 Flexed
    Chest: 99
    Waist: 84
    Hips: 101
    Thigh: 57

Starting Body Fat % (if known): couple of inches maybe 3.5 cm's
    Goal percent : 100% of keeping myself in health and comfort while menopausing

Personal goal : Every day I wake, I realise I am blessed to be alive. This will be my first thought!

2. I will look in the mirror and say, You are beautiful and you will and can handle anything the universe puts in your way, you have got this!

“Before” photo (optional): my profile is of my daughter and my self, your all welcome to see my beginning photo, it's there in my profile :)
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Name: Shanna
    Height: 167cm
    Starting Weight: 59.1kg (as of today - 15th January)
    Starting Date: 20 January 2014
    Goal Weight: 57kgs (this may change if i feel like its too much, focus is on body fat)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 27cm
    Chest: oops skipped that, but im flat there anyway!
    Waist: 72cm
    Hips: 91cm
    Thigh: 55cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 22.9 (home bathroom scales)
    Goal Body Fat %: around 20% on my home bathroom scales

Its the end of April and I am at my goal weight and body fat and have built up some more muscle. My legs are lean and shapely and my butt has stopped jiggling. I'm keeping with my healthy lifestyle and it fits easily into my life.

Before Shots (January 15th) - I'm so white so its hard to see definition (my excuse and im sticking to it), but these are my "try and have some abs" shots ;)

25194069_2003.jpg25194069_8822.jpg25194069_9913.jpg25194069_6387.jpg
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

I haven't done my measurments yet - will do tomorrow morning, but I just though I'd share some tips with you on measuring yourself that I learn't when doing the michelle bridges 12wbt. By following these steps, you should have accurate measurements.

Bicep: place the hand of the opposite arm you are measuring so that your pinky finger is in your elbow joint of the arm you are measuring and then measure your arm around the top of your hand.

Chest: alway wear the same bra and measure so that the tape goes across your nipples

Waist: wrap the tape measure around you so that it passes across your belly button

Hips: stand in front of a mirror and measure at your widest point

Thighs: stand with the leg you are measuring on a chair so that your knee is at a right angle. Look at your leg and find the widest point of your thigh. Then measure from this point to the hole you can feel in the front of your knee (my measurment is 35cm) and then when you measure yourself, always use this distance from your knee (for example 35cm) to measure around your thigh.

I hope this helps any of you who are unsure as to how to do this. If my explanations don't make sense, please let me know and I'll see if I can explain myself better or upload some pictures/drawings for you.

Good luck everyone!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Name: Gemma
    Height: 167cm
    Starting Weight: 63.2kg
    Starting Date: 15 Jan 2014
    Goal Weight: Anything under 60

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 28cm
    Chest: 79cm
    Waist: 70cm
    Hips: 96cm
    Thigh:59cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 23.75 (calculator)
    Goal Body Fat %: 20

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): It is now, 15 April 2014. I stand on the scales and look down and see a number starting with 5. I am around 20% body fat and my abs are peeking through. I am healthy, fit, injury-free and ready to hit footy season head-on. I train exercise 5-6 times a week including 2 football trainings, 2-3 weight sessions and 1-2 running sessions.

I am developing a healthy relationship with food. I no longer think about it constantly. I have the ability and am able to eat treat foods in moderation and no longer have urges to binge when I do.

I look and feel fantastic

“Before” photo (optional): Will take one and put in my pics
  • merse81
    merse81 Posts: 19
    Options
    Name: Merica
    Height: 5"3 (161cm)
    Starting Weight: 68kgs (I think, haven't weighed myself lately so may be closer to 72)?
    Starting Date: Now
    Goal Weight: 52kgs

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 31cm
    Chest: 88cm
    Waist: 76cm
    Hips: 90cm
    Thigh: 60cm

Goal Body Fat %: guessing 36% (based on a dexa scan I did when similar size)

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): I will get back to a healthier weight and increase muscle tone. I will not starve myself but instead eat a healthy balanced diet. Having said that I will cut back on the sweets and crap I currently eat and not let the hubbys evil suggestion steer me away from my goals (but I will allow to enjoy meals that aren't diet friendly on occasion)

“Before” photo (optional): want to get to my profile pic size again
This discussion has been closed.