Seems kind of empty in here...

Options
2»

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 34 and it seems my side of the family, our friends, and our colleagues all accept it. My husband's side of the family doesn't get it though and they still think we'll change our minds even though were 34 and 37 years old. I find it disrespectful that people will actually argue with you over a personal choice.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 34 and it seems my side of the family, our friends, and our colleagues all accept it. My husband's side of the family doesn't get it though and they still think we'll change our minds even though were 34 and 37 years old. I find it disrespectful that people will actually argue with you over a personal choice.

I like how people actually get mad like really angry at something that is your choice and about your body and life. It is not a bad choice! I feel like you are making a better choice for the children, because if you had children and you were not happy about it (for whatever your reason may be) what kind of Mother would you be? Would you still be able to be the best Mother for that child? I think all these people should turn their anger to the people who have kids and don’t want them they are the ones making the bad choice, and will not be the best parent.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten about this thread.... sorry folks. **waves hand** Still here. Hope all are happy and well..... and still childless! :drinker:
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have never regretted not having kids....but once you ***** and moan for a few sessions you realize this is not the thing that defines you, hence I am not very active here but we are around - lurking :)
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm here now! I just changed jobs not to long ago and now I have to reestablish that I will never have babies....
  • Kimdbro
    Options
    Sorta what I see everytime I see a baby.... http://firsttoknow.com/devil-baby-prank-gives-new-yorkers-scare-lifetime/

Spent time with the neices and nephews at Christmas and had spent a particular amount with the one boy.... like patience of Job style, it's the most time I've spent with any of the kids, I was really trying, cuz usually I'm all hiding from them... and my Mother In Law came up and whispered "You should have had 10 of them" - I laughed... but honestly the thought of having one makes me want to curl into the fetal position.
  • Kimdbro
    Options
    I am here. I actual got in to an augment with my mom on Monday about me not having kids. She thinks I will "change my mind" and "my clock will kick in". I was really mad at my mom for not respecting my decision and harassing me on the issue. Especially because I only talk to my mom once a week and she ruined our phone call. I am 1 of 5 kids ( 4 girls & 1 boy) so it is not like she won’t have grand kids ever.
    I ended the conversation on a rude not by telling my mom SHE over populated the earth. LOL she was pissed to say the least.
    Unfortunately, you'll keep hearing this till people can accept that you're "too old to start now"...(I think I'm finally getting there). People still tell me - at 42 - that I'm not too old though.

Hope your mom accepts it soon though..I'm sure someone will give her some grandkids and she'll relax! :laugh:

LOL - I keep hoping I've hit the magical age when people give up the hope... I'm 37 and there's still the odd one that says some story of how their sister's friend of somebody or other had a baby at 38, or 40, 42 or some age that still somehow makes them hold hope that I would change my mind. I know one woman who had her first at 38, he was born with Down Syndrome, and had little girl two years later - her life is awful, she spends her time juggling two young children, one of which requires so very much extra time and attention and money and classes, her and her husband haven't had sex in 4 years, they actually don't speak to each other more than necessary. When he comes home she goes downstairs, he goes through the 2 + hour task of trying to get the special needs child to sleep, and the Woman locks herself in the basement sewing all night. I can only assume to try to get her sanity back. She goes to bed at 4am and sleeps for 4hours before her life of misery begins again. Not exactly a poster for wanting to have kids at my age.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I kind of forgot about this group but will try to check in more often. I've been lucky enough that no one really bothers me about not having kids. People ask and I just say we don't want them and most people don't push. Our parents never really ask and have said it's our decision and they are fine with whatever we decide.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I want one of these devil babies so bad for my next Halloween party!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Just found this place. Woohoo! So happy to find others like me. I gets so irritated when people (especially friends and family) tell me I'll change my mind one day. Thankfully, my parents are supportive of my decision to live my life with or without children.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Guess there isn't a big child free population on MFP? :(
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    we're just kind of quiet... but it's a good group and you can feel free to rant all you want.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Found this group through the child-free thread that cropped up recently. Thanks to whoever suggested this group somewhere around page 6 or 7 :) Nice to meet some other like-minded folks!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The private group is much more active...just sayin' :tongue: