Warm Up Week and Questions

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi everyone!!

So here we are in the WARM UP WEEK!!

The Challenge will officially start next Monday 20 January, but you can start right this very minute (or yesterday) if you like :smile:

I will be posting some topics this week on NUTRITION, TRAINING, MOTIVATION and some other bits and pieces. Please be patient, good things are on their way!!

In the meantime, if you have any questions, or are just plain excited and want to start chatting - then please do so in this thread!!

Replies

• nicoleisback
    Options
    I like this idea. I am nowhere near 'trim, taught and teriffic', but want to work towards it.

Can I post my stats here, or do I need to wait for the first week?
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am excited to be part of this Aussie challenge! Also not trim, taut but on different days try to be terrific. Cannot wait for the first week - off we go.
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nicole, I suggest you measure and record all your current metrics (as in the guidelines) right away and add them into your "Check-In" record, then you can post them here any time
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    CHECK IN

Name: Nicole
    Sex: Female
    Height: 160cm (5'3")
    Starting Weight: 93.8kg
    Starting Date: 14/01/13
    Goal Weight: 85kg

Starting Measurements: (cm)
    Bicep: L : 38 R : 38.5
    Chest: 112
    Waist: 104
    Hips: 119
    Thigh: L : 63 R : 63

Starting Body Fat % (if known): Unknown
    Goal Body Fat %: unknown
    Personal goal (written as an affirmation): I will become more fit and healthier while improving the way I look and feel about myself.
    “Before” photo (optional): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/15296366 Don't know if this will work, but either way it's in my account pictures
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    Do we all post our stats in each weekly thread, or each have a thread for our own stats, but use the weekly thread for all chatter? Might be nice to each have a thread with just the 12 weekly stats posts - easy to see our progress at a glance. Just an idea.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!

We will have an INTRODUCTION AND STARTING STATISTICS thread, where everyone can post their starting stats, like Nicole has done above. Yay for Nicole, starting now :)

Then every week, we will have a WEEKLY CHAT THREAD and yes, good idea for a WEEKLY WEIGH IN thread.

For those who have PM'd me... I'll post a link about body fat percentage and how to calculate it. Also how to post photos in threads.

I'll also be adding info on goal setting and affirmations. I think it would be a good idea to read your affirmation every morning and night to remind yourself why you are doing this, and what you are going to get at the end of the challenge.

I'm off to the gym now, busy day at work ahead and then will set everything else up tonight. Keep the questions coming here so everyone can read the answers and thanks for joining :)

Looking forward to an awesome challenge!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    To calculate your BODY FAT percentage (I use HeyBales spreadsheet):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones

Download the spreadsheet from HeyBales in the above thread. You don't have to fill out all the information, just the parts on the first tab with your weight, height, measurements and he does a calculation of 2 different methods of BF% and works out the average.

I have used this from the start of my fat loss journey and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but at least I've been comparing the same measurements and numbers (and gone from 42% to 22% body fat). Even if I'm out with the actual numbers, I can at least tell that I've lost 20%.

HeyBales is a very nice man and will answer any questions in his thread. If it's all too confusing ask me and I'll help.
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Looking forward to it, I'm also happy to answer any questions and to provide some tips for what works for me, I have read a lot in the last few months and will post some articles as well that have helped me!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Thanks Shannan!! That is what it's all about - sharing what we have learned and lending a helping hand :flowerforyou:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    My Instagram: SFW68

I'm going to start taking photos of my meals and putting them on Instagram every day, probably won't take photos at the gym but you never know... I did this last year when I participated in Maxine's Challenge and it did help to keep me "plugged in" and aware of what I am eating.

It's also good to follow other groups. I'm no expert on how to use it by any means, but if anyone wants to follow me, my name there is SFW68, just send me a follow request that you are from MFP :smile: so I know who you are and then I can follow you as well.

It's just one more way to remind us DAILY what we are doing, what we are eating and to stay on track. Also really easy to keep in touch with other group members via iPhone or whatever smart phone you have.

Have a great day! Countdown to the challenge is now only 5 days.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ive created an Instagram account for myself called: bigldesigns

I have no idea what i'll put in there yet.... but I'm sure I'll find something to keep you all entertained
    (No Toilet shots I promise!)

Skim, Ive sent you a Follow request

Allie
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't really run my instagram that way (my friends aren't supporters of constant food pics, lol), so I have a tumblr for all my fitness worries;

http://niqueface.tumblr.com/
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    My Instagram: SFW68

I'm going to start taking photos of my meals and putting them on Instagram every day, probably won't take photos at the gym but you never know... I did this last year when I participated in Maxine's Challenge and it did help to keep me "plugged in" and aware of what I am eating.

It's also good to follow other groups. I'm no expert on how to use it by any means, but if anyone wants to follow me, my name there is SFW68, just send me a follow request that you are from MFP :smile: so I know who you are and then I can follow you as well.

It's just one more way to remind us DAILY what we are doing, what we are eating and to stay on track. Also really easy to keep in touch with other group members via iPhone or whatever smart phone you have.

Have a great day! Countdown to the challenge is now only 5 days.

What about the hashtag of #TTTAussies on Instagram?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Sounds good!!! #TTTAussies it is!
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Sounds good!!! #TTTAussies it is!

Awesome, i started out posting a few pics already with my fave meals
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    Brand new to Instagram (not even sure how to use it!).
    Username: xenaroadwarrior
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Ive posted some photos, if anyone wants a particular recipe just send me a message and ill post it!
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Brand new to Instagram (not even sure how to use it!).
    Username: xenaroadwarrior

You can hastag your photos like a twitter hashtag, and then can click on that hashtag to see everyone else's photos with that tag, search on #tttaussies and you'll see what's there :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Hi Challengers!!

A few people have asked about the day for weigh in and measurements. No, it does not have to be every Monday.

If your weigh in day is normally (for example) a Wednesday, that's fine, just weigh and measure on your normal day of the week and post your update at any time within the weekly weigh in thread.

PROGRESS:

I am also going to put a spreadsheet together that will show everyone's progress. Depending how big the group gets, I'll input the data or put it in a shared folder where everyone can add their own stats.

I'm really looking forward to the challenge!! Already feel inspired and motivated to bypass my goals. It's exactly what I needed and I hope that everyone has the same sense of power and control that having a goal, a plan and following through provides. If not now, by the end of the second week we will all be focused and determined and seeing results!
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok. Step 1 - get one of my children to show me what instagram is and how to use it.
    Step 2 - use instagram.
This discussion has been closed.