Newbie w/65 lbs to Lose

Options
Hello fellow pound shedders! I have to confess..... I am not yet 50. But I will be in less than three months and its coming at me like a run away freight train so I figure it would be okay to join you 50+ ladies. About me.....I am a single mom from central NJ. I still have one grade schooler at home who keeps me nice and busy. I am just about finished completely renovating my new-to-me home. It has been a crazy journey that has given me a nice boost to my self esteem so I feel very ready to tackle my extra weight now! I did gain an addition 10lbs doing some extra emotional eating during the year plus renovation project. So, enough is enough! I must get healthy before I get any older!
Like I mentioned, I have 65 lbs to lose. It's going to take more than a year. I am looking forward to the challenge!

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!!

Replies

• kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I agree slow and steady is the way to go. I found this group to be very supportive and the members are very active on MFP. Having friends to share the journey helps me to stay focused. I don't always eat well and right now I am in an exercise funk but tomorrow is a new day. I think there is strength in numbers,
  • C1131
    C1131 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on being ready to prioritize being good to yourself! I lost 65 pounds 10 years ago and it was quite the journey. I'm currently trying to take off 10 pounds I've added at the junction of menopause and a bad knee that kept me from exercising. But otherwise, my slow and steady journey helped me change my life so that what came off, stayed off.

It is a slow and steady kind of thing and for me it was best to think about the whole thing as doing what was best for my health rather than giving up something to make the scale read a lower number. Really, it's all about doing what's best for your body.

You will have so many unexpected benefits along the way! It's good to have a goal but you get prizes all along your journey as you figure out how best to take care of yourself and how to live a healthier lifestyle.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was also motivated by my approaching 50th. Now I'm nearly 51 and 26 lbs lighter. It has taken longer than I thought it would but along the way I've really changed my thinking. This is not a diet -- it's an investment in my health and quality of life. Best of luck to you.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi! Age doesn't matter. Welcome to the group. It isn't easy losing weight. There are lovely supportive people to be found here. Hope you have settled well in your new home.
    Good luck.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    welcome!!! feel free to add me as a friend... I log in everyday it helps keep me on track!