Fess'n up.

Options
jobell2355
jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
I joined this group for advice, help & mostly for accountability since I am doing it alone. Well I feel the need to be accountable to you. I broke the alcohol rule last night. A friend (one of the ones I asked to join me on this plan but refused) invited me to dinner last night. She wanted to go out for wings. Wings! Are you kidding me? She knows I am doing this but her words were, "what's it gonna hurt?" Again, are you kidding me? Well I stuck to the diet and didn't have wings. Up I had what I told myself would be A glass of wine which let to 2 which led to.....well you know. I wasn't going to log it. I told myself, who's gonna know but I knew I would know so I logged it. Unbelievably I was under my calories but I am disappointed with myself. I took the bait. I guess we all have weak moments. Today will be better I'm sure. Thanks for listening and for being there for me to be accountable to.

Replies

• Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm being the devil's advocate here but the way I see it, you are probably more likely to stick with the diet if you allow yourself one cheat every once in a while. I'm not saying every week or multiple meals etc. But honestly, we are going to go out tomorrow night for our anniversary and I'm planning to have a couple few drinks myself. I think the book says that if you get off track for a day or whatever to just go and repeat the previous day over again. So for tomorrow it is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm going to burn some extra calories so I can have some leeway for wine. How bad is that!
  • Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    But we are supposed to encourage each other on the diet sooooo: Just get back on the horse and keep at it. You are doing great. I bet you feel a little thinner already. Keep it up and great job! lol.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All you can do is repeat the day and move on and tell your enabling friend that you aren't playing with her again for the next 3 weeks. LOL!
  • jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm not beating myself up that badly. I mean I have been doing amazing for 2 weeks now. I just want to stay accountable as it is a slippery slope...lol! And Silly, I think you should enjoy your anniversary & the exercise on the rest day is a great idea to offset it. My birthday is in 2 weeks and I intend to enjoy it!