Is this normal?

Options
Saraisamom
Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
After one week of eating below 20g of carbs I've noticed a few things. I have more sustained energy levels during the day. My work performance has improved do to this, not as easily distracted. When I get tired, I'm not drowsy. I crave less caffeinated drinks and I am never hungry. All around, I feel good. No, not good, amazing.

Is this normal and does it stick around? I'm loving it and I can't believe it took me this long to try this diet.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Wait and see what happens to the skin on your face. Mine got as smooth as a baby' butt....really beautiful complexion. And I don't need skin moisturizers anymore.

What you described is what I experienced, too. Isn't it fantastic?!
  • LKuderna
    LKuderna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group and have had some similar questions. I keep waiting for some negative symptoms, but all that has happened is I keep feeling better! At first I was a little dizzy, but checking my blood pressure and adjusting the dosage a bit and drinking chicken boullion really took care of it. And yes, I'm keeping track of my BP and it's better than ever. The Diet Doctor website has been very helpful as well as Dr. Peter Attia's site (Eating Academy). I'm finding getting my carbs low enough to be a challenge, but I think some planning will help with that. Feel free to friend me or write back!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    yes - that describes my experience, too.

Additionally, my joints aren't as achy, thanks to the reduced inflammatory carbs in my system. MY body feels so much better eating in this fashion.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im a few days in, and also feeling this way! Im kicking myself for not figuring it out earlier...the only down side so far, is that I havent been sleeping so well. anyone else having that problem? I just feel so energized and WIRED Im finding t so hard to fall asleep. i hope it will pass.

p.s please friend me, would love to have keto friends to get ideas and support! :)
  • CBDoll
    CBDoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wait and see what happens to the skin on your face. Mine got as smooth as a baby' butt....really beautiful complexion. And I don't need skin moisturizers anymore.

What you described is what I experienced, too. Isn't it fantastic?!

My skin looks amazing as well, great news for me at the tender age of 46!! :-)
  • darlingdani83
    Options
    I've just started having issues falling asleep. It's not like I'm an insomniac, but it takes me time to wind down now, whereas I used to crash as soon as I hit the pillow. And that's with getting up earlier too....I kind of wonder if it has to do with the brain running on ketones instead of glucose? Hmmm...
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've just started having issues falling asleep. It's not like I'm an insomniac, but it takes me time to wind down now, whereas I used to crash as soon as I hit the pillow. And that's with getting up earlier too....I kind of wonder if it has to do with the brain running on ketones instead of glucose? Hmmm...

I take a product called natural calm. It is a magnesium supplement and one of the things it does is relax me right before bed. Raspberry - Lemonade flavour.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't really "crash" at night either. I had to install a program called F.Lux on my computers to reduce the amount of blue in the screens, to stimulate melatonin production. It helped a lot. Sometimes I take 300 microgram melatonin tablets.