Where do you live?

Options
Dare2Believe
Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
Hi everyone. I am new to TOPS and to this group. I was wondering where people were located. I searched the records but it looks like that topic hasn't been updated for over 18 months. I hope you don't mind my asking.

I lost 30 pounds last year using MFP but gained it and another 12 back during a stressful time period. I decided to try again only this time get some outside, in person, support, hence TOPS. I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I live in Baton Rouge, LA and belong to LA 0312 where I serve as Assistant Weight Recorder.

Where are you?

LA0312LicensePlatesmall_zps2083d0de.jpg
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I live in Pinellas Park, FL. Should have included that in my OP....lol
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. :) Been a member of TOPS since 2001, and have made some of my best friends in my chapter. Also the weight recorder for our chapter, and have been secretary in the past. :)
  • coffeeluvr59
    coffeeluvr59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live In Arizona, about 40 minutes south of Phoenix. I've been in TOPS for 5 years. I have been the weight recorder and now have the honor of serving as our chapter leader. I'm just the organizer, as far as I'm concerned. The members make the meetings great!
  • eeyoregal40
    eeyoregal40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing myfitnesspal for a while on my phone, now trying the website......
    Chapter 232 Casselberry, Florida
    **Dare2Believe, are you attending SRD 2014 in Daytona?
  • Mum23DKA
    Options
    Lakefield, Ontario, Canada!
  • shirleyh1946
    shirleyh1946 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm NEW to Your Group.
    Greenville, PA:smile:
  • BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS
    BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I live in Laughlin, NV....but belong to TOPS AZ0550 Fort Mohave. We just started our chapter (divided from another chapter) in January and we are up to 29 members so far.
  • waterlibby
    waterlibby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in Carrollton, Virginia. I attend meetings in Portsmouth. I rejoined TOPS and MFP March 17, 2014. With the support from both groups I have lost 18 pounds in just over a month. I love my TOPS group!
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bedford, Pennsylvania.
  • bonnie485
    bonnie485 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in Beaufort, SC...I go to my weekly TOPS meeting on Thursdays. Group is very small, 3-5 women...I have been going for a year and half and haven't really lost anything...but....I have not gained either...simply turtled along slowly...Now I am really trying to lose because my doctor has scared the hell out of me but at 68 it is hard to do...my number one goal for the next couple of weeks is to journal my food into my fitness pal....journaling is so important..yet it is the last thing I want to do so I really have to challenge myself to do this.
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I live in Buda, TX and I'm the assistant weight recorder this year. I've held every position except co-leader and leader, so that's what is next!

I'm a KOP now. What really helped me was eating a Plant Based Diet. After watching the movie Forks over Knives, I gave up meat, fish, diary, and processed food. In the last Tops Magazine, a lady from MN did the same thing and lost her weight!.

Hope all of you reach your goal soon! Lighter!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Corvallis, Oregon here. Been a TOPS member for 10 years. Lost a lot of weight (sadly gained it back) and was able to prevent from gaining more weight over a few stressful periods. Currently on the way down on the scale. :)
  • tops2kopsville
    tops2kopsville Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Minnesota
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Akron Oh OH300 in Cuyahoga Falls!