looking for primal friends

Options
nursekirsty
nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
hello everyone

I am starting primal eating on Sunday - shopping tomorrow and I am looking for friends to support me

I am 220lbs and 5ft 5in - looking to lose about 80lbs - I am also back at the gym working out - cardio mostly at the moment

keen to make this lifestyle change work for me

also does anyone use goats milk? its only for one coffee a day

I am also aiming for 75g of carbs a day as per MDA guidelines for weight loss

thanks

Replies

• Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We have pretty similar stats and goals right now :) I switch off between Paleo and Primal--I'm Paleo this month (Whole30, to put a finer point on it), but will be back to Primal next week.

I'm sending a friend request!
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started Paleo on January first. Best decision I have ever made. All the recipes I have found are amazing, and you will be so surprised by how little you feel deprived of anything. I don't miss grain at all. Add me if you like!
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What are the best recipe sites x
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    well honestly I have found Pinterest to be amazing helpful. I re pin a lot of Paleo recipes. here is the link to my paleo pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/ahbly/paleo-power/ I made this last night:http://popularpaleo.com/2013/05/15/deconstructed-spaghetti-squash-carbonara-paleo-style/ it was DELICIOUS!!! there are a lot of blogs out there with some great recipes. Spaghetti Squash is my favorite thing to play with. :)
  • tnd1103
    tnd1103 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started my paleo journey on Jan. 8th. Im 5"5' and 224lbs. my goal weight is 145 lbs. Starting paleo is a process. I'm still learning every day. I've made several errors but Im learning from them. Since starting I'm down 7lbs. My goal this week is to try some new paleo recipes because I don't want to get bored. I feel good and am already getting compliments.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristy, as for recipes http://nomnompaleo.com/ has some awesome stuff and she says she is lazy about cooking so most everything is easy, at least by her standards. If you still want more friends feel free to add me.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen

Always happy to have new friends, I'll send you an FR x
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me if you'd like. Starting on my 3rd week. I haven't been the strictest but I like being free of the sugar and I'm definitely not feeling the cravings like I used to.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I am joy I have been paleo since November currently doing my first whole 30. You can add me if you like.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think I've sent all above friend requests - but anyone can add me if they would like. I've been Paleo/Primal since April 2013 and it's been a life changer. Formerly 226 lbs, yoyo dieter (every diet out there - I've tried, succeeded, stopped, failed, you name it). Making the switch to Paleo (after doing a Whole30) has been the best thing I've ever done.
  • madammariposa
    madammariposa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    me too - sent some friend requests :)