websites for smoothies?

Options
This may have been covered in another topic somewhere so forgive me for duplicating efforts....

I'm new to the group and was curious if anyone has any good references to making and storing clean eating smoothies (both veggie and fruit) for the week. I like veggie and fruit smoothies but really don't have time every morning to break out the blender and go to town before heading off to work. So I'm on a mad hunt for ideas in 'prepping' all my stuff on Sunday evening for the week so the lady and I can grab & go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sphere720
    Options
    Thanks a lot! Very helpful.
  • oaks4
    oaks4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey, I do a low carb, high protein diet, not exactly sure if my diet would be considered totally clean, but it's close. I don't know exactly what Clean Eating completely encompasses (mostly if it includes supplements). I have only looked at one site to see what generally it is. Seems like all fresh foods.

I make my breakfast and lunch, like you want to for the same reasons, on the weekend and freeze them. Only I make a 6 egg white, lots of veggies, hot and spicy jalapeno’s, and whatever leftover meat (bacon last week, chicken this week, ham next week) and freeze them in their own containers for breakfast. I bring them to work and heat them up when I get there. I do a can of albacore tuna, half avocado, hot and spicy jalapeno’s (and some of the juice), onion, and grn/rd pep for before workout. I mix all the stuff (individually) except for the avo on the weekends, because by the Wednesday serving, the avo starts to brown. I mash and mix my avo in the night before I eat it. I have that before I go work out at lunch time. It is very nice.

Anyway to answer your question, and this is where I’m not sure about if this is considered clean or not, my awesome smoothie recipe is…

1 cup skim milk (not sure if this is clean)
    0.25 cup whole natural almonds
    2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder (not sure if this is clean)
    1 tsp tropical punch flavoured creatine mono… (not sure if this is clean)
    1 med banana

I pulse blend till the ice and almonds are crushed a bit then run er on high for about a minute. It’s very nice.

This freezes really well. If I’m going to drink it fresh, I toss in 4-6 ice cubes to get it slushy and super cold. Otherwise it’s a bit on the warm side to drink it straight out of the blender with only the milk and banana as the cold product.
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump and thks!
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've found pinterest is a great resource for smoothie recipes!
  • sphere720
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I've taken rere's advice and have been trying out the second smoothie recipe link. (shared below).

It's day 2 and I have to say that I can feel a difference! I prepped 3 bags Sunday night for Mon, Tues & Wed of 3 different fruit bases (apple, mango, pineapple). Each recipe makes 32 ounces. Which was enough for my fiance and I to have 2 x 8 oz drinks a day. I blended one for Monday morning and filled 2 x 16 oz portable cups up. I drink half of mine on my 30 min commute to work. Now, she has found this really good morning refrigerated oatmeal recipe (shared below) that I have for breakfast at my desk. And those 2 combos really keep me going all the way past lunch if I wanted. They are all mostly clean eating ingredients. I know that "clean eating" can also go hand in hand with organic but until organic foods come down in price, I'm gonna have to deal with regular fresh produce. That is also until I have enough land to grow my own fruits and veggies. Anyway, SamanthaAnn is right too. I've found at least one person on Pinterest to follow that provides some good clean eating recipes that I'm definitely going to be adding to our menu.

Smoothie recipe used
    http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/big-blend-fruit-vegetable-smoothie-recipe/

Breakfast recipe used
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

Pinterest person following so far
    http://www.pinterest.com/detoxinista/
  • sphere720
    Options
    We're now on week three and have a routine down. I now prep 5 bags for each day of the week. I modified the Big Blend Smoothie recipe a little using the same vegetable base but adding in 1/5 whole pineapple per bag, 1/5 whole avacado and 2 tbs chia seeds for protein and they are naturally filling along with several other beneficial nutrients. This week, the smoothies are replacing breakfast and lunch and throwing in a yogurt for calcium and extra protein. And today, I drank my breakfast smoothie and ate my yogurt. I stayed satisfied up until my lunch break. I just drank my lunch smoothie and I'm pretty full.

Baby steps to healthy habits this week: find and incorporate clean eating healthy dinner recipes as well as bring in the exercise routine. I can't say we've been successful yet in getting an exercise routine down so needless to say, there hasn't been any weight loss happening as of yet. To that extent however, there hasn't been any weight gain either. So once exercise becomes a routine, I do foresee the pounds beginning to shed.

We have our wedding in July and have goals we both want to reach. We are determined to succeed! :)
  • squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The Betty Rocker she has very yummy smoothies on her site

http://thebettyrocker.com/category/green-smoothies-protein-shakes-and-energy-bars/ :smile:
  • dorkus619
    Options
    Check out simple green smoothies! http://simplegreensmoothies.com/
    I follow on Instagram also, very yummy green smoothies and awesome photos in my feed keeping me motivated
    They do a 30 day challenge (free) every few months. I did it in January and my skin cleared up so nicely and I lost a tiny bit of weight (1-2 lbs or so)