switched from levo to armour

Options
stonel94
stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
So i just switched today from 88 mcg levothyroxine, my last labs were normal for the thyroid stuff but i have been feeling not as great and been having some weight issues depsite being careful and stuff so I wanted to do something and he said that maybe it's the T3 and so he put me on a dose of armout, 60 mg tab, with the same dose i've been taking of levothyroxine (already in it not in addition to) and whatever corresponding value of T3 so i'm still taking the same amount just then also T3 and a different med.

SO: who has done this and what have the results been, i know some drs have an issue with consistency in dosing but others don't

oh and i have hashis

Replies

• asharkin
    asharkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I switched to Armour last summer. I felt good in the morning but by afternoon I felt like it wore off. My TSH skyrocketed to 56 so I went back to levothyroxine. I think the break was good tho...my TSH was too low before I switched and when I went back on it it went back to normal range. I also have Hashis. Good luck to you...I know it works for some people…it just didn't for me. Ive also been taking Moducare (I buy it on amazon.com) and I think it really helps with symptoms that thyroid meds don't.