Newbie started today

Options
kktpc5
kktpc5 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I started the first day of Super Shred today. I have at least 40-50 to lose and am hoping this is the jump start I need to get going. Eating wise today was a great day. I followed everything and only ate about 850 calories. It's 9 pm, I finished 5 oz of fish and 2 veggies and a glass of milk an hour and 15 minutes ago and I am starving! Thinking I may need to just go to bed early so I don't grab something else.
Unfortunately, I did not exercise today. I was planning to, but it just didn't happen. Tomorrow I plan to go to jazzercise in the morning.
Any suggestions for what to do when you're hungry?
Karen

Replies

• jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there & welcome. I just finished day 2 of week 2 but there are several on here who are in week 3 so they will probably have better input. I had to modify the plan just a bit to help the hunger and by modify I mean I had to have mainly protein for snacks and had to add extra protein to the meals like if it said 4 oz I had 5 as long as it was lean and low cal. I see to do better like that. I would check out Super Shredders on Facebook because some of the people on there are experienced at his previous diet Shred and you can get lots of info there.
  • eilea73
    eilea73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started yesterday as well! I found myself STARVING during the 4 hour "fast" in between meals. That was the hardest so far. I'm at work today and hoping I don't feel as hungry. I'm also going to start incorporating more protein where I can to help with hunger.

Here's what I do (esp. at night) to stop myself from eating when I'm not supposed to--I brush my teeth!! The super minty flavor deters me from wanting to put anything else in my mouth!!!
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm at W3D2, and the last couple of days of W2 were the first time I really felt hunger to the point of discomfort. Since it was later at night, I had a cup of herbal tea and toughed it out til bed.

I don't struggle too much between the meals & snacks, but the FB-ers say that the recommended green tea and the (IMO nasty) hibiscus teas are appetite suppressants as we well as detoxifying efforts. I drink a fair amount of herbal tea and water, which helps to keep the pangs at bay, and I chew some sugar-free gum. I try not to use too much of that because it tweaks my sweet tooth. Jo's advice re higher protein snacks are an excellent idea too. More filling and "longer-lasting".

And let's face it, chances are during W1 you're eating a whole lot less than the days before, so there's bound to be some complaining from our bodies. It'll get better. (And then worse again, LOL.)

Good luck and have fun.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was hungry the first few days. What helps is to consider snacks as mini meals. Think protein to help get you from one meal to the next. In the back of the book there are a lot of ideas for snacks look through them and see what you can choose to help fill you up between meals. Today for my 150 calorie snack I had the stuffed tomatoes from the back of the book. However, I am not stuffing grape tomatoes LOL! It calls for 10 grape tomatoes so I cut them up along with the rest of the ingredients and just mixed it up. It was delicious. 2 hard boiled eggs are also a 150 calories. Just plan ahead, you'll do great!
  • mgross5
    mgross5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3, and have been really sticking to the diet. The good news is that I'm not hungry. The bad news is that I have only lost 4 lbs total (all of them in the first week). Has anyone else experienced this?
  • cfelton1
    cfelton1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started the Super Shred Diet yesterday (7-13-14.159.8 lbs.). Today I lost 2.2 lbs. That must be the water weight that everyone talks about. Yes, I was hungry. This will always happen when you are trying to modify your eating in a good way. I just reminded myself of the goal (lose 10 lbs.) that I am trying to achieve in 4 weeks. I agree that eating more protein throughout the day will help relieve the hunger pains. I kept myself busy (Internet searches, cleaning up...) to keep my mind off food.
  • cfelton1
    cfelton1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am reporting that I lost 5lbs. today- Day 5 Foundation week 1. It seems that my ticker is not working properly.