check my diary?

Options
TomfromNY
TomfromNY Posts: 100 Member
44 year old male - 6 ft tall
A few years ago I went from 227->190 with a general low carb diet and lots of exercise.
Then I started lifting weights, neglecting the diet, etc... especially from Thanksgiving to New Years
Starting Weight (Jan 18th) - 212
Current Weight (Jan 21) 207 (water weight, I know)
Goal Weight - 187

I'm trying to go keto - 25-50 Carbs (hopefully towards the bottom) 100-130 Protein, 2100-2200 calories
A keto stix said I had a small level of ketones, I feel pretty good (although my workout was much harder today)

Can you take a look at my diary and share any advice on macros, food choices, or anything else you can share

Replies

• Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • Mele1973
    Options
    Did you use the Keto calculator for your macros? The only thing I can see, and it may be spot on (idk), is that the protein to fat ratio seems high to me. I'm doing Keto for cancer so I focus on the high fat part quite a bit (I need to do better!). Maybe just check your macros with the calculator.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! Nice selection of foods. No bars or low carb tortillas that sometimes cause stalls. I thought your ratios looked excellent as well. I'll pretend that I didn't see those tortilla chips. :wink:
  • TomfromNY
    Options
    Did you use the Keto calculator for your macros? The only thing I can see, and it may be spot on (idk), is that the protein to fat ratio seems high to me. I'm doing Keto for cancer so I focus on the high fat part quite a bit (I need to do better!). Maybe just check your macros with the calculator.

Good catch. I choose the high end for my protein on the keto calculator I used because I have built up some muscle (along with the fat) and want to continue to do strength training to maintain it. Hopefully it will allow me to stay in ketosis - otherwise I'll drop it.

Thank you
  • TomfromNY
    Options
    You're looking great! Nice selection of foods. No bars or low carb tortillas that sometimes cause stalls. I thought your ratios looked excellent as well. I'll pretend that I didn't see those tortilla chips. :wink:

Thank you. My son wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant for his birthday, and my family said that it was gross that I was eating the shared guacamole with a spoon, so I had a couple of chips :)