• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I looked it up, yeah, that would be a lot of food! LOL

Looks good--you've got this!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Well, as I didn't gain properly last time I will still do 2850, so just 150 under what they say :D
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Damn, girl!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a high goal! Yay for eating all the food! :D I had to cut out cardio completely or I'd have to eat like 3000/day to make this bulk worthwhile! As for the drop in weight, I had that happen to me in November and it made no sense...but my weight jumped back up a few weeks later to higher than it had been before it started to drop - a big jump! From what I've read it sounds like ups and downs and weird jumps are pretty normal, so maybe you'll find you get back up to where you want to be soon :)
  • 89nunu
    Options
    Yes please!!! I need it to jump back up!

I also dropped cardio completely! All I do is my ten to fifteen minute bike ride to work (it's faster than taking the car during rush hour). I'm just to damn tall to bulk :D
  • TriLifter
    Options
    My weight jumps all over the place too....I'm sure you'll be back up in no time.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dang, that's a fantastic calorie goal!

I agree with cmeirun and PrimalRunner - my weight always does weird fluctuations before settling down on higher or lower, so I hopefully you'll see a jump soon.
  • 89nunu
    Options
    So, I have been back on the bulking wagon for a week now.
    My calories burned for last week (tue-sun) are acording to fitbit: 15466
    My calorie intake (tue-sun) was: 17291 (at least 2850 a day)
    excess calories: 1825 which would translate to about .5 lbs

Buuuuut I gained nothing...
    These are my weeks weigh ins: tue: 157.2 wed: 158.2 (tue was first day back at the gym after 3 weeks) thu: 158.2 (wed back at the gym with the rest of my split) fr: 157.4 sa: 157.4 sun: 156.4 mon: 156.4

today the scale jumped back to 157.4 but I had a carbilicious pizza fest last night so I'm guessing it's from that...

Gym has been ecpectetly hard after staying away for 3 weeks (gym was shut for a week and then I got ill) But I have started to add weight from the second round onwards so I can't complain there

Unsure weither to stick it out a bit and see whether it'll go up or go higher in calories now...
    shouldn't the scale jump up like mad in the first week given that I had lost weight over Christmas?

I have already upped my calories from my last unsuccesfull bulk cycle (gined 2 lbs in 8 weeks) from 2750 to 2850 and dialled down the workouts from 5 days a week (total of about 6 hours 30 gym time) to 4 days a week (total of about 4 hours 20 gym time) no cardio, ever.

I want to bulk you girls do!!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I was reading a lot recently, and the heavy lifting can account for an afterburn not taken into account by Fitbit. My TDEE was supposedly 2100-2200/day and I was eating 2400-2500/day and lost 1.4 lbs in two weeks. I think our TDEEs are higher than we think.
  • 89nunu
    Options
    That's a good point actually!
    You reckon I should go up now? another 100-200?
    I guess I could make it a nice round number and shoot for 3000

ETA: My fitbit gives me 410 calories for an hour lifting... that does kind of seem like the afterburn might be in there...
  • TriLifter
    Options
    That's a good point actually!
    You reckon I should go up now? another 100-200?
    I guess I could make it a nice round number and shoot for 3000

ETA: My fitbit gives me 410 calories for an hour lifting... that does kind of seem like the afterburn might be in there...

Yeah, I agree....I keep slashing the Fitbit calories a bit from lifting because they seemed incredibly high (even considering an afterburn), but that's probably one of the reasons I ended up losing weight as well. In addition to the afterburn, your body burns more calories for up to 24 hours after lifting.
  • 89nunu
    Options
    Sooooo my 3000 calorie week is over and I gained nothing...

These are my Fitbit stats:
    Cals burned: 18044
    Cals eaten: 21105
    Surplus: 3061

I should have gained almost a pound... looks like my Fitbit really does drastically underestimate my calorie burn despite the fact it gives a massive amount for weight lifting.

I also changed my routine again (might go back to the avengers over the summer but I find it's more geared towards recomping) so I'm doing phul now, a not as crazy version of layne Nortons phat.

But what I gained last week was a pb on the bench :) 35 kg for 3x5 that's half my body weight :)

Tl;dr no weight gain but a new beach pb = more food
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's a real landmark PR there on the bench. Way to go!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Moar food and a bench pb? Sounds like winning to me :drinker:
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the bench! And hurray foooooood! :)
  • 89nunu
    Options
    I AM GAINING!!! IT HAS HAPPENED!!! WEIGHT IS COMING ON!!!

Never thought I would be so excited saying this :happy:

It seems like 3100 is a good place for me to be. In the 3 weeks I have been on 3100 I went from a weekly average of 157 to a weekly average of 159 (from daily weigh ins)!

And of course, every time I go to the gym I'm slapping out a new personal best on everything I'm doing!
    Having strength focused days probably helps on that, but I'm more than happy :drinker:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's great! The feeling of continually getting stronger and stronger is so motivating too.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • 89nunu
    Options
    I haven't updated this in ages!!
    I was incredibly busy and kind of worked on autopilot for everything out of work. I did of course keep true to my 3100 calories and my lifting sessions (including a 5 day break because of a conference out of the country)

I went from 157 (beginning of 3100) to 159 (last update) to 161.4 (average now)
    Although it has been going up in general I went down .6 in the last two weeks. And I'm debating right now whether I should put my calories up or leave it at that and see if I can recomp a bit on this...
    I'm still not sure when to end my bulk I just know it needs to be soon cause I have to prepare for a friend's wedding and the sun is out :)

I'm still not 'fat' though. I can still see my abs (depends on sodium intake the day/s before) I mainly gained around my lower half (lost definition in my calves) 'yay' for being a pear...

So bottom line: putting calories further up or see whether I can recomp on 3100 (i love 3100) and shorten/lessen the cutting malarky?