Please be my PaleoPal

Options
LunaGreen
LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
I am happy with the great pals I have on MFP, very encouraging, uplifting, and inspiring group of people! However, very few eat primal and none eat a paleo diet so it's hard for me to get to much insight from their diaries. I was recently advised to up my cals/day from 1200 to 1600 and I'm having a really tough time doing it. (If I ate a block of cheese or a loaf of bread with butter I could probably nail it pretty quick.)

So, anyway: in search of a PaleoPal or a few with open diaries (preferably who's daily goal is over 1400cals/day but any help would be so beneficial) My diary is open as well :)

Thanks in advance and Best Wishes,
Luna

Replies

• mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    whoa how are you eating such tiny portions? eat half an avocado instead of '0.13 of a cup' and a few more rashers of bacon, you'll hit 1600 in no time!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't have my diary open to everyone, but we can be "friends". I try to stay at about 1500 calories a day, sometimes more.
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Although, I should add that currently I am using some "products". I was struggling to get myself back to eating well after the holidays and I have a fitness test (military) so it was super important for me to buckle down. I tend to be really good about eating right and staying on track if I spent a lot of money in the process ;)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 1700 (although my Tdee minus 20 is closer to 2000, I don't alway measure so I leave it at 1700 and if I'm still hungry I go over!). I track about 75% of the time. You are welcome to friend me, my diary is open.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I too am looking for paleo pals.

LunaGreen I really get where you are coming from. I've been struggling to get up to 1300 a day and I need to be on 1900 or so.

So I've been reading Chis Kessers most excellent book 'the paleo code' and am just getting to the section on nurtient rich diet.

And just figured out that a half an avocado a day can really add up calories and fibre.

I don;t digest red meat very well, and bacon not at all.. so I notice how liberal I am with the olive oil. I would love to be buddies.. I have a long way to go to be an athlete agaon, so far have been on paleo for 24 days.. no slip ups with food, but do need to up my exercise after 4 weeks of doing nothing post emergency appendectomy.

May we all be fit and well and energetic--- and informed and supported:)
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am open to more friends, I am also learning about Paleo at the same time so I may not be totally on-track yet.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A really quick cal booster for me has been ground beef. I will split bags up to 1/2 pound each and have in the fridge ready to use. It cooks super fast and if you cut up some onions, peppers, ect and throw an egg on top. 600+ calories. Fry that egg in Coconut oil for an additional 100 calories. Coconut oil is your (spendy) friend.

I no longer log my food since I generally eat all day long if I am hungry. I'll throw stuff in it if I am curious how much a meal is.

And I am always open to new friends, especially ones on the same plan.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can add me.
    My dairy is open to my friends.
    Just by adding some coconut oil daily will help post your calorie level
    Maybe try some of these sites for food ideas
    http://nomnompaleo.com/
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/about/
  • Clutha_R
    Clutha_R Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be as paleo/primal as I can but work and travel make it difficult. I'm sticking to 1250 net a day though as O'm trying to loose weight. I'd be happy for you to add me as a friend.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a year and a half. I'm fairly strict with my eating and I usually eat around 1600 calories or so (I've been sick and am still recovering so don't judge by the last few days). My diary is open to all. I follow a ketogenic version of Paleo because that's what suits my health needs the best. I have a very disordered metabolism and it will take years to repair it, so high fat and low carb is the best way for me.

I am very passionate about my lifestyle due to all the illnesses that I have completely resolved just by eating healthy foods. I'm open to being friends if you aren't put off my honesty and outspokeness. I will sometimes comment on a food diary if I think there is room for improvement. I expect the same of my friends as well. If you do have lots of non-Paleo/Primal friends I likely won't fit in well with them.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be as paleo/primal as I can but work and travel make it difficult. I'm sticking to 1250 net a day though as O'm trying to loose weight. I'd be happy for you to add me as a friend.

You don't have to eat that low to lose weight and it will likely even slow your weight loss depending on your TDEE. I eat around 1600 even on inactive days and I am also here to lose weight. Paleo lifestyle does not need to be extremely low calorie; it's about giving your body all the nutrients that it needs to be healthy and then the weight will look after itself. Speaking from experience you will have better results from being more strict with your food choice than by severely limiting calories while continuing to eat unhealthy foods. I have a lot on my plate too and I still find a way to stick to my healthy lifestyle.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I always want new paleo friends! Feel free to add me :)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone can add me. I log everyday and my diary is open. Been paleo since November currently day 22 whole 30. I eat between 1600 and 1800 everyday. I should probably eat more as I am very active. I have a fairly high fat diet but it seems to be working. I usually eat a ton of veg a day but today hasn't been the best day.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I jump between being primal and paleo, more primal - actually I prefer not to label it other than I eat real food. I've no difficulty at all in hitting 1500! A bit too easy at times. I've had to cut back on coconut milk at times. I need to remember the phrase your mouth is not a hoover. But if I don't eat my 1500, I start looking for chocolate.

My diary open.

Currently I'll eat the odd bit of legumes, milk in my coffee (just logged as milk and don't bother logging coffee) and some dark choc (I can't give up all my vices) But grain/preservative free. I pretty much cook most stuff myself. The odd time something sneaky gets in at work, but I do my best.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been paleo for nearly two years though I am doing W30 at the moment so won't be logging food for a couple more weeks, but I usually do log and will re-start when my W30 is over. I struggle getting calories in, really working at it, but I do gain weight when I eat over 1600 (tried for five months in 2013, gained 5 lbs)
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, my net is 1700-1800. i eat dairy but not that other stuff. feel free to add me folks.
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We good be friends ... I follow the Paleo eating lifestyle ... I'll double-check that my diary is open
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Along with everyone else, it's good to have friends that eat the same to get ideas. Anyone can add me.

I second the suggestions of using coconut oil and bacon for calories. :drinker:
  • tomebug
    Options
    Hiya,

You can all add me too. :)

just joined MFP a couple of days ago, and could use some other Paleo/primal connections here. I also moved to a new place a few months ago, so I'm a bit short on friends at the moment.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

:flowerforyou:
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sending a request. :happy:

[Fair warning, my diary is open but some days are better than others.]