Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Monet. fell in love with anime watching Sailor moon as a child then cowboy Bebop won me over. But i joined MFP a few months ago and i'm glas i found a group of awesometastic supporters. yays. Add me as a friend if you wish so we can incourage eachother and chat about anime and all things Otaku.

Awesome! Who doesn't love sailor moon? One of the best
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Hello! :D My name is Emily and my first anime show was Gundam Wing and my first anime movie was (I believe) My Neighbor Totoro. I'm not even going to list the anime I've seen, bahaha. I'm just glad to see some activity in this group! :3
  • MissJediKnight
    Options
    My name is Kelly , 31 from Houston Tx
    Anime nut
    Harry Potter nut
    Star Wars Nut
    and LOTR nut

Fav animes are Fruits Basket,Outlaw Star,Soul Eater,Ouran Host Club and Vampire Knight

I play WoW and am always watching anime on Hulu Plus on my 360

I love kitties...I have 3.
    Fav color is purple =D
    I love female vocal trance!! Fav band is Tool and APC <3 and I love me some Tori Amos.
    Add me =D I need more epic people on here

24 lbs lost so far
  • Silly_Otter
    Options
    Hey I'm Lizz, first anime? probably Magic Knight Rayearth, favorite anime? Too many to choose from D:

But my guilty pleasure, the anime I couldn't stop during the first season no matter how many ridiculous giggle fits I got into? Mermaid Melody.

Least Favorite? Eureka, for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I just couldn't.

But some favorites: Sankarea, Another, Princess Tutu, Hellsing Ultimate(or just Hellsing), HotD, and Shugo Chara
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! zomg.....anime friends!!! someone add me and talk at me about anime all day lol!

Anyhow, I'm Aimee, aka Aya. I'm a stay at home mom who is starting school in the fall, majoring in psychology. (If there were a PhD in anime, I would so get that....). My fave anime ever is Ayashi No Ceres, has a special place in my heart. But I love several others, including The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya just for the sheer absurdity factor. I have a VERY long list of favorite animes, there are so many though that I don't even know where to start!! I like the typical stuff like Bleach, FMA, Death Note, Soul Eater, etc. But I also love others like Kurau Phantom Memory, Shuffle, Another, Higurashi, Vampire Knight, Gantz, Rosario + Vampire, Black Butler, Deadman Wonderland, Ghost Hunt, Kaze No Stigma, Tokyo Majin, Xamd: Lost Memories, etc etc etc.

I am NOT typically a fan of samurai or mecha (with the exception of Aquarion and one or two others). I am also not a fan of too much ecchi or fanservice unless it makes sense in the context of the anime (though I do like Freezing.....well, the series, NOT the ridiculous OVAs). I also read ALOT of manga, I love horror manga the most, my fave mangaka being Junji Itou. I LOVE talking to other anime freaks and geeks and would LOVE some weight loss friends to talk anime shop with while we work towards being fanservice material, lol.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Nice to meet you all. I didn't know there was an anime group here, this is great :smile:

Anime nerd alert!:explode:
    The 1st anime I watched was Sailor Moon (all the series, my favorites the one with the Sailor Stars) and Dragon Ball
    I love Card Captor Sakura, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Trigun, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sakura Wars, Rurouni Kenshin aka Samurai X, Hunter X Hunter, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Steam City, Cowboy Bebop, Gensomaden Sayuki, Sol Bianca, Avatar the last airbender (anime?), Fruit Basket, Chrono Crusade, Ouran High School Host Club, HoTD, Black Butler, Deadman Wonderland, Naruto, and Fairytail, and etc..... I've seen too many anime the list goes on :happy:

FYI: I hate how they killed off Neji in Naruto :sad:
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm stoked to see an anime group.

Robotech and Akira first got me interested in anime. These days I love anything by Satoshi Kon (RIP :cry: ). Also a fan of Last Exile, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, etc.

I'm looking forward to more suggestions! ;)
  • jacobbonaparte
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jacob and I am new to myfitnesspal. I'm glad to see a group for anime fans. One Piece is my favorite anime. I design and sell t-shirts at anime conventions. How do you all do?
  • LaxPoppa
    LaxPoppa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Not new to MFP, but new to this group. I have been watching anime since I was a kid and Sailor Moon was definitely in the mix of firsts. As for favorites, I would have to go with SAO and Mirai Nikki. Least favorite, that is tougher, I really do find something I enjoy about all of the ones I have seen. If I had to pick one it would be Casshern Sins. When not watching anime I play WOW, and do a lot of stuff outside with my kids athletics (big lacrosse family, hence my user name).
  • jenifermichelle
    jenifermichelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy to see a group of anime fans on here, its so welcoming!

My name is Jenifer, I'm 26 and, like so many others here, my first was Sailor Moon. I wanted to be Sailor Jupiter so bad as a kid! Then, because they were in the same programming block, I saw Ronin Warriors/Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. I wanted to be Makoto and have Seiji as my boyfriend, it would be perfect. Oh, the dreams of a pre-teen!

I still would like to have Makoto's athletic physique and ability to kick serious A, so I need to get in shape first. I have cosplayed before, but never felt comfortable because I was never in the best shape for the role. Just before the release of Evangelion 2.2, I really wanted to cosplay as Mari in her pink plugsuit, so I lost about 15 lbs, but when I moved from my hometown of Baltimore, MD to live with my boyfriend in Chicago, IL, I couldn't afford a gym membership for over a year, so my healthy habits slipped away. It has been 4 years since, and now that our apartment has a gym, there are no excuses! I'm currently about 140 lbs and want to get down to 120 or less, Im more concerned about the way it looks than the number.

As far as favorite anime, Gunslinger Girl is probably number 1. Evangelion, Azumanga Daioh, and basically anything done by Type Moon (Fate series, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai) all round out my favorites. Right now, we've been watching Attack on Titan and Stella C3-bu.

Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to talking to you!
  • dinobacon2112
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm not exactly new here but looking for a fresh start. I have lost 40 lbs using MFP using a simple calorie deficit. I want to make new friends who like some of the same things I do.

Obviously I love anime, which is why I'm on this forum. I also love cats and stuff. I like lifting and I tolerate running so I can eat more.

But yeah, I'll leave a longer reply when I have time. Add me if you want!
  • Angelalee4649
    Options
    Haha awesome an Anime group.

I am Angela I am Japanese/American chic both fluent in Japanese and English.

My favorite anime is Attack on Titans and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Also love Code Geass, Flower of the Evil, Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuuutsu and Durararara!!

Add me if you would like :)
  • Angelalee4649
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy to see a group of anime fans on here, its so welcoming!

My name is Jenifer, I'm 26 and, like so many others here, my first was Sailor Moon. I wanted to be Sailor Jupiter so bad as a kid! Then, because they were in the same programming block, I saw Ronin Warriors/Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. I wanted to be Makoto and have Seiji as my boyfriend, it would be perfect. Oh, the dreams of a pre-teen!

I still would like to have Makoto's athletic physique and ability to kick serious A, so I need to get in shape first. I have cosplayed before, but never felt comfortable because I was never in the best shape for the role. Just before the release of Evangelion 2.2, I really wanted to cosplay as Mari in her pink plugsuit, so I lost about 15 lbs, but when I moved from my hometown of Baltimore, MD to live with my boyfriend in Chicago, IL, I couldn't afford a gym membership for over a year, so my healthy habits slipped away. It has been 4 years since, and now that our apartment has a gym, there are no excuses! I'm currently about 140 lbs and want to get down to 120 or less, Im more concerned about the way it looks than the number.

As far as favorite anime, Gunslinger Girl is probably number 1. Evangelion, Azumanga Daioh, and basically anything done by Type Moon (Fate series, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai) all round out my favorites. Right now, we've been watching Attack on Titan and Stella C3-bu.

Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to talking to you!

Hey! I live near Chicago too and Attack on Titan is awesome. One of my favorite!!
  • Angelalee4649
    Options
    Hiyas Hiyas! I'm Mippa, a long-time anime fan also with an on-again-off-again love affair with fitness. I don't even know where to start...I am a giant shoujo/josei fan. I'm a fan of lists so I'll give my current top five:

TOP FIVE ANIME:
    1. NANA
    2. Hana Yori Dango
    3. Honey and Clover
    4. Yes! Precure 5
    5. Black Jack

TOP FIVE MANGA:
    1. Kamisama Kiss
    2. NANA
    3. Peach Girl
    4. Girl Friends
    5. Chi's Sweet Home

TOP FIVE GAMES:
    1. Hakuouki
    2. Hiiro no Kakera
    3. Dandelion~Wishes Brought To You~ (Korean)
    4. Mass Effect
    5. Dragon Age

TOP FIVE JPOP BANDS:
    1. Spitz
    2. Remioromen
    3. The Brilliant Green
    4. Suemitsu and the SUEMITH
    5. Angela Aki

I also love The Biggest Loser, The Walking Dead, Billy Joel, Downton Abbey...and CATS! I'm a professional kitten feeder by night, network ops for AT&T and LUSH SA by day! ;) I'm a super girly-girl but I like things for boys too! Nice to meet you all!

OMG OMG OMG I love spitz!!!! And Peach Girl and Nana is my all time favorite :) Awesome
  • KKabo
    KKabo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is kourtne I love animes and asian dramas. Im a bit ashamed b/c im married and a mother of two yet love all thing kawaii and i secretly watch anime which my husband may or may not know lol my favorite anime of all time is Attack on Titan had me at the edge of my seat the whole time but I also love NANA and Skip Beat! Anyway need to lose a lot of weight and such so I can maybe cosplay? that would be awesome lol add me ^ ^
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ok....I am a ANIME FREAK! I get into Mainly Shonen Jump stuff....so Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, etc..... I have a subscription to crunchyroll and I will power watch till I have no choice but to stop so I can go to bed and get up for work in the morning. So without further ado....My introduction

Name: Brad (But don't use my real name - that is my slave name and I am Crusher-Kun for a reason)
    Married with 2 kids who I force to watch Anime so I don't have to watch SpongeBob and god knows what other chit passes for cartoons these days!

I am here obviously cause I have a desire to lose weight, but if I can find people like me with same goals....well then SCORE!

Well I have to cut this short....my wife is kicking me off PC so she can do her workouts I have saved on my newly freed up HD (Just deleted 170 GB of anime cause I had some space issues)

Feel free to add me!

CK
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi. I LOVE anime. I used to think it was stupid.. (like in High school...) and ANYWAY it's weird cuz when i was 8 I LOVED Pokemon!
    A guy I dated introduced me back into anime between 2009-2010 with Death Note.. Then when I met my now husband (through L4D2 on the PC) he told me about Bakuman.. and then proceeded to tell me about all these other animes.. When he moved up here (from Indiana to Minnesota) we powered through a TON of anime such as Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight, FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Clannad, NANA, and tons others. I can't even count how many animes I've seen.. as well as how much we've purchased. Rightstuf.com has made TONS off my household now.. lol

ANYWAY, my name is Trista. I don't have any unique nickname-I've called myself TJ before, but I don't have a Japanese nickname of any sort. kinda makes me sad..
    I'm married to a anime lover/video game addict and we have a little boy together named William (he's 2). I'm sure my son will love anime as much as us since that's all we have on TV at our house. We don't have cable!

I do have other shows I like that Aren't anime related like The Walking Dead, Biggest Loser, Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, and the TLC shows like my 600 lb life. I find those weight loss shows are great motivators :D (I get to watch these shows at my parent's house if I'm over when they're on.. have yet to see the newest season of The Walking Dead).

I started on MYFITNESSPAL in 2012 and have since lost 98 lbs (had gotten down 100 in a little over a year but gained back about 10 and have been fighting them since!)..

I went to an anime convention for the first time as a gift to myself for losing that much weight. I got to meet some of my favorite voice actors like Todd Haberkorn, Greg Ayres, and Monica Rial. I also got to meet Sonny Strait and Spike Spencer. It was a grand time.

Nice to meet everyone :D
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    EXCUSE ME BRADLEY-CHAN...but Spongebob is teh awesome. :drinker:

I'm more of a manga fan, as I just don't care to watch much TV anymore, but I do love certain series. Haven't watched anything in a while either.

Naruto is #1 for me. After that, in no particular order, I'd say...Hunter x Hunter, YuYu Hakusho, Hellsing (obviously, even if certain so-call anime FREAKS can't tell the difference between Greed from FMA and Alucard... :laugh: ), Samurai 7, Bleach, FMA, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh (the first series :blushing: ), Eureka 7, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gokusen ( :laugh: )
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello! Loving that there's an anime group in here! I'm a 30-something from Hawaii. First anime I got into was Ranma 1/2. Recent addictions were: Kyokai no kanata, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan. I'd be awesome if I could lose weight and get into cosplay (o.o).
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is kourtne I love animes and asian dramas. Im a bit ashamed b/c im married and a mother of two yet love all thing kawaii and i secretly watch anime which my husband may or may not know lol my favorite anime of all time is Attack on Titan had me at the edge of my seat the whole time but I also love NANA and Skip Beat! Anyway need to lose a lot of weight and such so I can maybe cosplay? that would be awesome lol add me ^ ^

Yes! Attack on Titan, they need a 2nd season.