Welcome Friends

Options
13»

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My name is Cindy and I am 61. I have lost 23 pounds and that is after a stay in the ICU with blood clots in my legs and heart and after I quit smoking 2 years ago. It is a long slow process but I feel better than I did 20 years ago. I have gone from being able to walk 2 minutes to 60 minutes. I am accepting friends that have an open food diary and participates regularly. Good luck to all of you!!!
  • QueenLaureen62
    QueenLaureen62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

My name is Laureen and I am from Folsom, California. For those of you that aren't familiar with California geography, Folsom is a lovely suburb of Sacramento, in the northern part of the state.

I am 51 years old, a wife, a mom, a friend, and a career executive with the state government. I have an 11 year old daughter and 2 crazy dogs that keep me hopping.

I look forward to getting to know all of you; to celebrating our successes and solving our challenges. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Laureen from Folsom
  • SkinnyFattoo
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new folks!!
  • LovemyTysonboy
    Options
    I think my post goes here instead of my posting in a separate post, still trying to figure this all out.

Hi my name is Bea,

I just turned 60 last month and said to myself, self we need to quit saying will start on Monday and get serious on losing this 20lbs I've been carrying around for a couple of years. I found this site and it looked real promising so I joined up and found this group. Thank you for letting me join your group,

I have always worked out in the gym lifting weights with my husband and doing some form of cardio. I had knee surgery on both knees and I have to do this to keep joints lubricated and moving or they stiffen up. Had hand surgery in March and Dr told me last week that I cannot lift heavy weights anymore cause it's messing with my tendons. He said to do light weights more reps and cardio. I was so disappointed cause this was an activity that I enjoyed doing with my husband. He was my spotter and so forth. I'm depressed about that but I won't let that stop me. I found some classes that I can do at the same gym till I can find a trainer to help me with a new light weight routine. Believe me if I had those genes where I didn't have to how to the gym I wouldn't do so much, ha ha.

As you can see by my picture I have a Sheltie. I have 4 grandkids. A new born in Seattle, one in Michigan.and the other two we lost contact with through a divorce. Sad but hoping one day they will look us up and find us.

Wow between this and Facebook I'm a busy girl.????????
  • BarbieAnya
    BarbieAnya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi to all fellow Champions, my name is Barb and I am 59. I hail from central Wisconsin. Have lived here all my life and I am a special needs bus driver for 11 years now. I transport students from 3 years old to 21 years old. I leave the house at 5:30 a.m. and I get back home about 5:30 p.m. So it is a long day and sometimes very stressful, but I love it. Up at 4:15 and back in bed by 8:00. I am usually wiped out when I get home, so my hubby usually makes supper and I am so happy he does that I just smile and eat whatever he has made.
    I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life and I am trying to stop that. So with all you great friends to help me I am very positive right now. I need to get back to walking, but since we are in a deep freeze right now, I have been kind of lazy about it. I spend 10 1/2 hours on a bus trying to keep warm, since everytime I open the wheelchair ramp door all the heat in the bus is lost and must start over again. ( I should lose weight just from shivering and trying to warm up I would think).
    I love reading all your great stories, they make me feel that we will all do this together. So there is only one way to go and that is to a healthy way of eating and living :-)
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It IS a big deal. You have gone through a big life change and (as we all have done from time to time) food has helped you get through it. You have recognized that and the lack of the activity you used to have and are taking steps to do something about it. That is a very big deal. We are all in the same boat, one way or another, and are here to encourage each other. I wish you the best in your battle and I hope you do the same for me. :flowerforyou:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options

I had gotten down to 191 before Thanksgiving. But it turns out that I didn't lose it because it has found me again and has come back to haunt me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is how I feel, too, none of my weight is ever lost for long.