Previous MF Loser - Restarted today - New foods?

Options
varnerific
varnerific Posts: 48 Member
Hi my fellow Medifasters. I lost the majority of my weight using Medifast in August 2011 - February 2012. I am 5'7 and I went from 190 to 135. Over the last year and a half to two years, I've slowly put back on about 15-20 pounds with careless food choices. I'm not "fat" as my BMI is still in the normal range at 23.5, but I'd like to weigh less and fit back into my skinny jeans again. I just restarted today with Medifast since I had such success before. I would like to get down to 130 this time which gives me 20 pounds to lose.

I notice there's a few newer food options this time around. Does anyone have any opinions on the new foods? What are all of your favorites?

Replies

• pmeverett636
    pmeverett636 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Varnerific,
    I am doing the same. Lost the weight and just recently went back on it again after gaining 15 to 20 lbs. I want to go back down to 132-135. The only new food I have tried are the chewy bars and they are terrific.

Good luck with your weight loss!

Pat
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pat! I tried the chewy bar yesterday and I loved it. I think it would be great cold out of the fridge. I am not a fan of the mac and cheese. Hoping I can doctor it up a little bit as I bought 2 boxes. :(
  • Thejujubee68
    Thejujubee68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just restarted Medifast 3 days ago. Hated the Mac & Cheese too but I have a few boxes left. I soaked mine for about 4 hours then heated. Added 1 laughing cow lite cheese wedge and 1 Tbsp. of salsa. It was actually okay for the first time. So this is what I would recommend to doctor up the Mac & Cheese. Good luck:)
  • lyssielou1620
    lyssielou1620 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The chewy bars are definitely a favorite, I also really like the blueberry muffins. The ziti is good but iI wouldn't say it's a favorite.
    If you have any other questions about newer products I'd love to help just ask me more specifically it's hard to remember which ones are actually new.

I usually make mine a day before and put it in the fridge. Then I add some pepper, and add a few broccoli florets to it and sometimes a laughing cow white cheddar.

Hope it helps! :)
  • mrsd1006
    mrsd1006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pat! I tried the chewy bar yesterday and I loved it. I think it would be great cold out of the fridge. I am not a fan of the mac and cheese. Hoping I can doctor it up a little bit as I bought 2 boxes. :(

I found with the mac n cheese adding hot water (instead of cold) first was the trick, the noodles cook better and it gets thicker. If you like spicy, I added a tablespoon of frank's hot sauce (depending on where you look this is either 1/2 or 1/3 condiment) and it was AWESOME this way.
    I also saw someone else post they make both this and the chilli, mix them together and split it into two meals.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hate the Mac and Cheese too. I have a client that made them into tortilla chips (you can find the recipe online) and she loves them that way. I can't wait to try it. I also really like the blueberry muffin!
  • chunkygirl23
    chunkygirl23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sounds so similar to my story. Except I lost and gained a lot more. I found that watching some reviews on youtube of the new foods was actually helpful to me. I got to see a REAL finished product to know if i'd actually like the way it looks at least and the people doing reviews on there arent usually sugar coating to make it look delicious lol. I like the mac & cheese but it takes a lot more time than other meals, soaking, cooking, waiting.
  • jeg0805
    jeg0805 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the Ziti and the new flavors in the bars, oh and the breakfast cereal. At the center I go to they don't have the diabetic shakes anymore nor the shake for men (higher protein) which bums me out. But the new foods are worth a try. The Mac n Cheese gotsta go tho! ;)
  • fljewel
    fljewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 5 but so far:

I love the Ziti - I added 1 tsp of parm cheese (not sure if this is right, but I will count it as a condiment)

Have had the mac n cheese twice - the first time it was ok (with green tobasco) the 2nd time, It had a bad aftertaste, so I wonder if my tastebuds are changing?

I love the shakes - Mocha, Cherry Pomegranate, Dark Chocolate, Banana (made in my nurtibullet)

The Beef Vegetable Soup was good (I added 2 ounces of ground turkey from my evening lean and green)

The Maryland Crabcake Soup was good (I added 2 ounces of sautéed shrimp from my evening lean and green)

I love the crunch bars and and strongly dislike the chewy bars, they are the texture of slightly hardened cookie dough.

I havn't figured out how to make the pancakes look like pancakes - lol

The crunch cereals are both really good with unsweetened, vanilla almond milk.

I guess to sum it all up, it's all a matter of personal taste. I wasn't sure about the soups so I ordered 1 of each type instead of a whole box which was really great advice from my coach.

I hope that helps :) Julie