Fresh ideas for my Playlist

Options
jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
Would love to hear from any of you with regard to some of your favorite workout music. I run and like to have a "beat" that is compatible with my pace (which by the way is pretty slow). It isn't always about my favorite songs - some music is just too slow and other songs are too fast. I figure it should be about 150 beats per minute.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I used to run back in the 80's and I used Gloria Esteban a lot. That dance beat mix music they make now might work also because it's so evenly spaced.
  • jpilley
    Options
    Oh good idea - love some of the 80's music. Actually got to checking the BPM of some of the songs on my player and I probably should have said 160 bpm.

Keep the suggestions coming - gotta change it up every now and then.

jp
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    It doesn't fit a lot of peoples taste in music haha but I love listening to Rap/Pop and Rock/Metal... It totally pumps me up and keeps me moving.

Some Ideas of songs I currently love listening to when I exercise are:

Work B**ch – Britney Spears
    Timber – Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
    I Love It — Icona Pop
    Suit and Tie,” Justin Timberlake feat. Jay Z
    Dark Horse - Katy Perry
    V.I.C. - Wobble
    Team by Lorde

There are so many more. Not everyones taste but they have great beats :)
  • jpilley
    Options
    Thanks Tiff! I was beginning to think NOBODY listened to music while they were working out.

I might just give these a try.

jp
  • LovemyTysonboy
    Options
    Biggest loser workouts mix that I downloaded from ITunes. They have quite a few.
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Eric Clapton
    Jimmy Buffet
    Phillip Phillips
    Tina Turner
    The Eagles
    Just a few that I can think of right now.
  • QueenLaureen62
    QueenLaureen62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new ideas for my playlist as well. I found this beginners cardio list on www.fitsugar.com. I think I could work with this for awhile!

1."Wake Me Up" — Avicii
    2."Timber" — Pitbull, Ke$ha
    3."Roar" — Katy Perry
    4."The Monster" — Eminem, Rihanna
    5."Burn" — Ellie Goulding
    6."Happy" — Pharrell Williams
    7."Wait and See" — Holy Ghost!
    8."The Way You Remember Me" — St. Lucia
    9."Ride On / Right On" — Phosphorescent
    10."Alive" — Empire of the Sun
    11."I Look to You" — Miami Horror, Kimbra
    12."XO" — Beyoncé

I am going to use some of these to freshen up my list. I currently have quite a bit of heavy metal from the 80's on my playlist and I will keep that because of the driving beat.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    I am a fan of Rap and Rock on my Playlist.. LOL Not everyone is ok w/ heavier stuff... Check out Hailstorm - Slave to the Grind. -- GOOD cardio song :)
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i tend to watch tv when I work out, but these are great ideas. Am going to download some onto my ipod.
  • ellenmja
    ellenmja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you tried FITRadio on your phone. Free ap. There is also CD's called Shape Fitness Music. There are different ones - cardio, walking, etc.