Meat and Greet: Introduce Yourself Here

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm hajenkatt, and I'm excited to join. Please place me on Team Carol. :)
    Done.:flowerforyou: Excellent choice. You have great teammates.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm Booksandbeaches..I'm a Walking Dead fan. I've watched every episode, some several times during the WD marathons.

I'm totally a Daryl fan, so please put me on his team.
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tiffytvs, and I'm a huge WD fan and zombie fan in general. I'm getting married in July, and I've been looking for something to motivate me to get in shape. This is perfect. I'd like to be on Team Beth. My hunch is she's going to step up her zombie killing game even more in the next few episodes.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Jennifer, love the show! Excited to watch walking dead while losing weight!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tiffytvs, and I'm a huge WD fan and zombie fan in general. I'm getting married in July, and I've been looking for something to motivate me to get in shape. This is perfect. I'd like to be on Team Beth. My hunch is she's going to step up her zombie killing game even more in the next few episodes.
    Welcome to the challenge. I've added you to Team Beth. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to check out the 3 Early Bird Challenges. I will be posting one more on Early Bird Challenge on Sunday and then we will have our official start on Monday Feb 3rd.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162969-early-bird-challenge-week-1-of-4
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1172985-early-bird-challenge-week-2-of-4
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1179710-early-bird-challenge-week-3-of-4
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi! I am Jennifer, love the show! Excited to watch walking dead while losing weight!!
    Welcome to the challenge. Feel free to take a look around and decide on a team. The list of teams and their quick links are all on the team members and captains list. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162950-team-members-and-captains-list
    You don't have to decide right away, as long as you let me know by the 2nd or so. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sarah! I'm a newly wed getting my big butt back in the gym after months of crazy work. Love the show!

Sign me up for Team Daryl!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sarah! I'm a newly wed getting my big butt back in the gym after months of crazy work. Love the show!

Sign me up for Team Daryl!
    Welcome! And done!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. I need some motivation to get back to it. I got more lbs to lose.
  • Jamisonanne
    Jamisonanne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jamison and I am a huge fan girl for TWD! This challenge seems like a really fun way to rev up my journey! I am 23 from Denver, CO and my ultimate goal is to lose 50lbs. For this 9 week challenge I am hoping to lose 15 to 30 of those pounds! I have been very successful in the past but have had a hard time keeping the weight off!! I am not quite sure how these teams work but I would definitely be on team Michone!!! She is such a bad *kitten*!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jamison and I am a huge fan girl for TWD! This challenge seems like a really fun way to rev up my journey! I am 23 from Denver, CO and my ultimate goal is to lose 50lbs. For this 9 week challenge I am hoping to lose 15 to 30 of those pounds! I have been very successful in the past but have had a hard time keeping the weight off!! I am not quite sure how these teams work but I would definitely be on team Michone!!! She is such a bad *kitten*!
    I will add you. That's going to be a very strong team. Excellent choice!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Ok, so for mini challenge 4 of 4 I'm going to list some of the rewards I'm going to - eh - reward myself with over/at the end of the 9 week challenge.

When I lost 40lbs I bought a set of 40lb adjustable dumbbells. I love them! I am saving up to buy an Olympic bar, bench and squat rack, but I probably won't have saved enough money by the end of this challenge. Thus my rewards will be

1. Starting Strength book
    2. Extra weight plates for my dumbbells (when I have no problem with 40lbs)
    3. Fitbit aria scale (when I've lost 80lbs and am light enough to use it)

However, greater than any reward I can buy will be the fat lost, the fitness increased and the stronger body I will have at the end of the challenge. I really want to be below 322lbs by then, so I can use my wii fit balance board again (I love the wii fit games) and I should be able to start wearing jeans and trousers again at that stage, so perhaps some workout clothes will be on my reward list for the end of the challenge too!

What are y'all planning to reward yourself with?
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi There - I chose to be a part of team Beth a few weeks ago, but don't see my name listed on the roster....just wanna make sure you guys will hold me accountable. Can you add me to the list :)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to think of rewards for myself because I generally buy things like workout gear when I find them onsale (and i just bought lots of new stuff). I considered getting my boyfriend to bring me out to dinner because I love love love going out to nice restaurants but my birthday is in mid March so we will probably be doing that anyway. And then I thought of this:
    http://www.theadventureislands.com/Land-Based-Fun/high-ropes-westport.html
    I have wanted to do this for ages but never really had a reason to. Its basically an obstacle course but high up in the trees and it looks like loads of fun. My reward for completing this challenge is that I will do this.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I have wanted to do this for ages but never really had a reason to. Its basically an obstacle course but high up in the trees and it looks like loads of fun. My reward for completing this challenge is that I will do this.

That's a great reward! It sounds really fun. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to do it though! :laugh:
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

That's a great reward! It sounds really fun. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to do it though! :laugh:

I think i will be terrified too. I am slightly afraid of heights but not enough to let that stop me doing something fun! I made a rule with myself years ago not to let silly fears get in the way of doing new things. That philosophy has helped me to do things like hang gliding, sky diving and mountain biking on incredibly dangerous roads on Bolivia so it can help me to do this too! :smile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi There - I chose to be a part of team Beth a few weeks ago, but don't see my name listed on the roster....just wanna make sure you guys will hold me accountable. Can you add me to the list :)
    Done. Sorry, must have missed your post. :flowerforyou:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options

I think i will be terrified too. I am slightly afraid of heights but not enough to let that stop me doing something fun! I made a rule with myself years ago not to let silly fears get in the way of doing new things. That philosophy has helped me to do things like hang gliding, sky diving and mountain biking on incredibly dangerous roads on Bolivia so it can help me to do this too! :smile:

That's a great rule! I'm terrified of heights, but I'd love to go sky diving! At the moment I might as well plan on going to the moon, so it sounds fun. If I was able to go sky diving tomorrow, it might be a different matter! You are right though, they are silly fears and it sounds like you have done some really awesome things. I'm sure you'll have great fun up in the trees. You might meet some elves (or Ewoks). :smile:
  • christiebriscoe
    christiebriscoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Christie, I would like to be in the Glenn and Maggie group :)
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a lot of fun and I want to join in, i'm Desiree and I just joined mfp Jan 5th, I have lost 11.8 lbs so far but have tons to go. I would love to be on team Glenn and Maggie and can't wait for the challenges to start