Introduction to group

Options
kimmie_76
kimmie_76 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Kimmie, I'm 37 and I just joined MyFitnessPal back on the 1st of December, I started my diet on the 28th of November. I have lost 7.4 lbs but since put 2 lbs back on and I'm getting discouraged. I try to walk 2-3 times a week around my block in Port St John which is a mile (usually takes about 25-30 minutes) but with everything I have to do for the holidays I don't always have time. I would like to find someone in my area that I could meet up with that would like to be my walking partner. Perhaps we could meet 3-5 times a week and walk for 30-45 minutes. I found this is the only group for Central Brevard County or any of Brevard County... I really thought that there would be more groups for our area.

I noticed that the group hasn't been very active lately and I'm hoping that someone will reply to me and that maybe I can make a new friend in the process so that we can help each other in our journeys through the wonderful weight loss world. I look forward to hearing from you all soon! I hope you have a great holiday season!

Replies

• dixieglfla
    Options
    Hi Kimmie!

Welcome to the group. Sorry it hasn't been very active, I was doing well trying to get a group together a few times a week through here and FB but then we all sort of got busy and one thing led to another and I hadn't been keeping up with anything for a couple of years. Some friends and I just started walking again tonight so I thought I would use my MFP account and get it updated. I used to use Body by VI but then it got too expensive to use and frankly I was tired of not eating. I just started working from home after being laid off for almost a year and during that time I probably put on at least 40lb depression eating weight. I'm trying to get back on track and keep up! You're doing well on your weight-loss, keep it up!!
  • kimmie_76
    kimmie_76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I understand how things get busy I'm in school 3 days a week taking 2 advanced classes so things are rather hectic for me as well especially with this being my last semester before getting my AS degree. I totally understand. I have just been trying to walk around my neighborhood lately and been playing bowling and basketball on the Wii. I'm looking into getting the Wii fit game as well as soon as I get the extra money to hopefully assist me in my weight loss as well. Send me a message sometime and maybe I can join you to walk if you aren't too far away from me. Have a great day!!