If I eat the calories I would at goal, I should lose, right?

Options
Morgandobes
Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
I am doing some calorie cycling, some low days, some high days, but if I eat the number
of calories weekly that I would at goal, I should lose with no problems, right?

Its easier than taking my current weight, rerunning it thru the calculator every 5 lbs
to determine what I should be eating "this week""

Opinions?
TIA,
Lisa

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's what they recommend at Fat2fitradio.com
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can get a bigger deficit and faster loss and still be reasonable doing TDEE deficit method.

The goal weight thing almost never is as big as reasonable would allow, so slowing yourself down more than required.

Also only works well if you have a very steady routine, perhaps only a couple changes a year say with school out or such.

Also, the amount of deficit would eventually get to the point it would take 4 weeks to lose a lb, if it was even noticed.

But it is a valid method if you can nail that TDEE, and apply it to goal weight BMR.

I've got probably still 20 using that system and just fine with slowly losing with a steady routine. You can put in a 5% deficit for the goal weight TDEE just so it's not as painfully slow.
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses :-)
    HeyBales, I have 100 lbs to lose, so eating at the weight where my goal will be will be a big deficiet
    for me as it is. I am thinking that if there is a slowdown, it should be closer to my goal weight.
    I guess I can do some adjustments when that happens.

:smile:
    Lisa
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What's important is trying to get good estimate of current TDEE. You could that by test eating at current weight and confirm no loss or gain over couple weeks. Or just honest rough guess of TDEE levels.
    Then divide that by current BMR for your activity factor.

Then goal weight BMR x same activity factor for goal weight TDEE to eat at.

Be aware the MFP method of exercise eatback doesn't work, as your calorie burns are based on current weight, not future weight, so not a true future TDEE.