Bulletproof coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I am curious to try it, but I really do love my dark roast coffee black.

Maybe I'll dump some bacon fat in it on Sunday's family bacon feast. ;) Bacon coffee anyone?

Not trolling, sorry. I really should give it a try. Also, where do you buy ghee? I have looked a couple of times and can't find it.
    Ghee is VERY simple to make.All you are going is removing the milk solids from butter and essentially making butter oil/clarified butter/ghee.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes ghee is very simple and it keeps very well for a long time too. I used the Nom Nom Paleo recipe to make mine as well but for some reason it wanted to pop out butter at me on a very low setting I will have to work at it to get it right I guess. It still was very good but I will not be putting it in my coffee :smile:
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! thanks for all the advice everyone! I wasnt expecting to get so many responses. I am definitely wanting to try it. It's just wrapping my brain around what i am putting in my precious coffee. I am such a coffee addict that it is just a mental struggle lol
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ghee is available at Central Market and also at Market Street if you have either.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Yes ghee is very simple and it keeps very well for a long time too. I used the Nom Nom Paleo recipe to make mine as well but for some reason it wanted to pop out butter at me on a very low setting I will have to work at it to get it right I guess. It still was very good but I will not be putting it in my coffee :smile:
    Are you meaning it was spitting the fat at you from the pot?Like bacon fat?
    If you cook it in the oven,this will stop it from happening
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ghee is available at Central Market and also at Market Street if you have either.

I live in florida. We have Publix, and others that are not worth going to. lol. The great thing about publix is if I need somthing they don't have, they will order it for you :bigsmile:
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Alright, I found ghee at Trader Joes (cheap too!). In the morning I'll give it a shot and report back.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Alright had it this morning. Not bad folks! not bad at all. And smells pretty damn good also.