Can you do the first month twice?

Options
paigecash
paigecash Posts: 28 Member
Hi everyone! I'm not new to MFP but I am new to Insanity. Starting week three today, did my second fitness test and I'm happy to say my fitness has improved! I'm a little nervous about month two--is it okay to do the first month twice? My husband would also like to do it with me, and so we could start together. Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not, especially if your husband wants to join you! Better to do it together and be on the same page then have you go through the max programs while he's doing the initial workouts.
  • Allison0620
    Options
    This is my 2nd go at insanity. The first time around I did the first month twice, and might do it again this time. I've found that it's very helpful for perfecting the techniques and form for the 2nd month. Especially since it seems month two combines most of the moves from the first month into one move. Don't know I that makes sense but you'll see what I mean when you get there. Good luck!
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was going to check into the same thing! I did find something that reads that your body needs that change to transform because it needs to be confused a little bit. It also read that if you did do the 1st month over that you would really needs to step up your cardio and form to trick your body. I am assuming that means no breaks but the water breaks and push even harder! :sad: I think I will do more research!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You definitely can....but isn't the point of Insanity to push your self beyond your comfort level? Like others said, you won't get the same results by repeating month 1 because your body is already used to the workouts. Month 2 is tough, no doubt, but it's that change of pace that produces results.

Two things that you must do before starting Month 2 is 1) definitely do the recovery week and 2) reset your mind back to where you were at the start of month 1. Just get through the workout. You won't be able to push yourself like you're currently doing in the month 1 workouts. Look at it as a fresh start where you're just doing what you can to complete each workout. By week 3 of month 2, you'll be able to start pushing yourself again. Good luck!
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You definitely can....but isn't the point of Insanity to push your self beyond your comfort level? Like others said, you won't get the same results by repeating month 1 because your body is already used to the workouts. Month 2 is tough, no doubt, but it's that change of pace that produces results.

Two things that you must do before starting Month 2 is 1) definitely do the recovery week and 2) reset your mind back to where you were at the start of month 1. Just get through the workout. You won't be able to push yourself like you're currently doing in the month 1 workouts. Look at it as a fresh start where you're just doing what you can to complete each workout. By week 3 of month 2, you'll be able to start pushing yourself again. Good luck!

Yeah you got me scared buddy!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah you got me scared buddy!

Definitely not trying to scare anyone. Sorry if it was interpreted that way. I'm just trying to give some helpful tips to anyone who's doing Insanity from a guy who's failed at it on multiple occasions at the start of month 2. The only way I was successful and finally finished Insanity is by doing what I mentioned in my above post. Good luck to all!