Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
lizzie-mica-the-walking-dead-s04e08-too-far-gone_zpsc25e3467.jpg

Team Mika and Lizzie Discussion Board

Replies

• Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok for real this team no more changing. I will get Sam over here also now that I found this open one.:tongue:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jo and I choose Mika and Lizzie because I am still working on my building my endurance and I think these two little characters are going to play a big part in the new season.

I love Walking Dead and all Zombie type movies. Any futuristic, scientific, vampires, werewolves, zombie, magical type shows really.

I've been thinking hard about what my goals will be because losing weight has not been so easy for me so I don't want to rely solely on the scale for motivation. So I think I will set my goals for losing inches, and getting my clothes size back down to where it was 2 years ago. I just started doing a lot of walking/jogging/running using the zombie run app which I love! And I just started doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I just bought a fitbit which I have connected to MFP to help me stay on track with my eating and calorie goals.

Feel free to friend me on here too as I log and share my diary.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherry, 42 and a huge Walking Dead fan!! I chose this team because I think Lizzie is going to kick some serious butt Season 4 Part 2!! And I'm a beginning runner and am working on endurance. Feel free to friend me, I log daily and have an open diary.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amy, I'm 28. Let's kick some bum in our group!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll post a little bit more about myself.

I've been on MFP and on this journey for almost 2 years (May will be 2 years). I've lost 67 lbs and a lot of inches. I'm down 4 sizes. :) While I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs, the scale has been moving very, very slowly for me. I have not seen a loss in almost 2 months. So, I don't want weight loss to be my ONLY focus for this challenge. I started running last spring, but I haven't really worked on my distance/pace much. My go-to workout is a 5.5 pace and 2 to 2.5 miles before I call it quits. I have done a 5K before, and occasionally if I'm feeling ambitious I'll run 3+ miles, but after about 2 miles I'm usually pooped. Lol So I guess my other goal for this challenge would be to work on my distance and my pace (as well as weight loss). I'd like to be a little bit quicker (I'm at just under an 11 min mile now), and I'd like to be able to run longer without feeling wiped out. I know physically I can do it, I just need to get my mind up to speed with my body! Lol Running is completely mental!! :)

I've read through all instructions, and I printed them out along with our week 1 challenges, so I'm ready to do this!! I'm so anxious for the Walking Dead to start back up!!!!! let's do this! :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    HELLO MIKA AND LIZZIE TEAMMATES!!!! I will be your Team Captain for this challenge. If you have any questions post them here or send me a message. Im excited to see that start of the challenge!!!

If you want to friend me, it will be easier for you to send me your updates each week and for me to help you out if you need it.

Lets hope the girls are as good as they were in the last episode - we need zombie kills!!!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I chose this team because I hate cardio.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    Options
    Good Monday morning, everyone!! Ready to get this Challenge started! :)
  • tj1376
    Options
    Remember - Week 1 has some requirements that you will need to send to me -
    Set your goals and send them in to your team captain so they can start a spreadsheet.
    If you are looking to lose weight, do an official weigh in and take before pics.
    Inches? Measure yourself and take before pics.
    Run faster? Time your best run and see if you can beat it at the end of the challenge.
    Improve your strength or endurance? Take notes on what you are doing now and plan out how you are going to improve.

These things will be important in determining overall team winners!! You dont have to do them all but every little bit helps.
    Also, if I havent sent you a friend request by the end of the day, its because I dont see your name on the team list - send me a message and a request so i can get you on the Team Roster.
  • tj1376
    Options

Cardio totals will increase each week. I hate cardio too, but I find if I do things that dont SEEM like cardio I can get my numbers where they need to be. Remember, vigorous cleaning, walking, strength training. They all dont seem like exercise but they are and they all count toward your cardio goal.

Heck, every time I clean my shower I wake up the next day cursing the muscles I used that I apparently never use otherwise.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    Options
    Remember - Week 1 has some requirements that you will need to send to me -
    Set your goals and send them in to your team captain so they can start a spreadsheet.
    If you are looking to lose weight, do an official weigh in and take before pics.
    Inches? Measure yourself and take before pics.
    Run faster? Time your best run and see if you can beat it at the end of the challenge.
    Improve your strength or endurance? Take notes on what you are doing now and plan out how you are going to improve.

These things will be important in determining overall team winners!! You dont have to do them all but every little bit helps.
    Also, if I havent sent you a friend request by the end of the day, its because I dont see your name on the team list - send me a message and a request so i can get you on the Team Roster.

Will get this done today! :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Will get my goals sent today too. I'm going with lose inches and improve my running time. I'm looking forward to this challenge and the new season starting!
  • DjinnMarie
    Options

Cardio totals will increase each week. I hate cardio too, but I find if I do things that dont SEEM like cardio I can get my numbers where they need to be. Remember, vigorous cleaning, walking, strength training. They all do seem like exercise but they are and they all count toward your cardio goal.

Heck, every time I clean my shower I wake up the next day cursing the muscles I used that I apparently never use otherwise.

Strength training can count double? I.e. The 60 minutes of weights I do today counts as 60 minutes of weights, and 60 minutes of cardio?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

Cardio totals will increase each week. I hate cardio too, but I find if I do things that dont SEEM like cardio I can get my numbers where they need to be. Remember, vigorous cleaning, walking, strength training. They all do seem like exercise but they are and they all count toward your cardio goal.

Strength training can count double? I.e. The 60 minutes of weights I do today counts as 60 minutes of weights, and 60 minutes of cardio?
    Unfortunately you can't count anything twice. But you can split it up 50/50, 60/40 (whatever) or count it as either. Whatever you feel that exercise is to you personally, that's how you should count it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Good morning Team Mika and Lizzie. You are starting this challenge with 4 points. Second overall, with only Daryl in front of you!
    Do not read this if you haven't seen the mid season finale last December. It is a full recap.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162909-episode-recap-season-4-part-1-finale
  • DjinnMarie
    Options
    Alright. I did 50 minutes of cardio today. Plus 45 minutes of HIIT. Every muscle in my legs is twitching. And I already promised to take the kids for a walk. Go team Mika and Lizzie! Haha
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    If I hadn't already joined MFP, I would join simply to do this challenge! I am an enormously huge fan of the show, have been from the beginning. That being said, as much as my inner me would be a big *kitten* kicker, runner, exterminating machine, the outer me is a bit slower currently. Joining little *kitten* kickers Mika and Lizzie seems my wisest option if I ignore the inner me ;)

So hello all!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Alright. I did 50 minutes of cardio today. Plus 45 minutes of HIIT. Every muscle in my legs is twitching. And I already promised to take the kids for a walk. Go team Mika and Lizzie! Haha

AWESOME!!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    If I hadn't already joined MFP, I would join simply to do this challenge! I am an enormously huge fan of the show, have been from the beginning. That being said, as much as my inner me would be a big *kitten* kicker, runner, exterminating machine, the outer me is a bit slower currently. Joining little *kitten* kickers Mika and Lizzie seems my wisest option if I ignore the inner me ;)

So hello all!

Nice to see you on the team!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Does our official start week begin next week, after the first episode on Sunday night? I was trying to figure out if we needed to do our cardio challenges this week or starting next week.

I am going to get my measurements and my goals in to you hopefully today. I started out not having a good week - has been very emotional and unfortunately, that is what I have found to be my downfall in losing, being consistent regardless of what my life is handing me, and that is anothe reason I wanted to do this challenge, to help give me a reason to keep on trucking and overcome that issue.

We are snowed in today, but thanks to a good friend, I have a really good walking video that I am going to do today. And I have the Insanity dvd's so I will get some exercise in along with cleaning my house.