Meat and Greet: Introduce Yourself Here

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I forgot to pick a team! I would like to be a part of Team Mika and Lizzie!!
    Done! Welcome to the challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hey guys,

My name is Jess, I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. Well I say that, it's more of a love/hate relationship :p. I will never miss an episode but I will critique the hell out of it too haha. I'm excited to make progress with some fellow TWD fans! :) Not particularly fussed about what team I'm on, happy with anything :)

Been on MFP for a few years, initially lost about 18 kilos, but I've been inactive lately and fell off the wagon probably in the last year... I'd like to lose 5kg and tone up. My last 5kg came off easy... but I felt like *kitten* and was tired all the time, dopey, always sick - turns out I'm gluten intolerant and was losing weight because I was getting malnourished, lol. So cutting out gluten made me feel 100x better but that tricky last 5kg crept back on ;)
    Welcome to the challenge. :flowerforyou: Look around at the teams and pick whoever you like. They have different fitness levels and, of course, there are other pros and cons to each team. Some like Carol, may not make a lot of points because Carol may not show up and make a bunch of kills on the show. Big Teams like Daryl and Michonne will give you lots of support and points and those characters are likely to survive the season, but there's a better chance of more people not checking in and losing the team points. I am thinking that we'll be deleting Team Bob and Team Lizzie and Tara, (no one likes Bob or wants to be the Governor's ex, apparently) :laugh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi I'm Michelle. Huge fan of TWD and brand new to myfitnesspal. Haven't done a challege yet, so excited to figure this out and get started! Sign me up for Team Beth please :)
    Done! Welcome to the challenge. :flowerforyou:PM me if you have any questions.
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kari. I love running and WD, and my goals are to do a 10k this spring and lose the last 12 lbs of baby weight from my toddler (plus a little extra, if I can). I think I'm going Team Darryl :happy:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jo and I love Walking Dead and Zombies! I use the Zombie Run app for running and love it.

I want to lose weight but my main goal is to be more active and healthy and lose weight and tone while doing that. I want to be on Team Mika and Lizzie.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kari. I love running and WD, and my goals are to do a 10k this spring and lose the last 12 lbs of baby weight from my toddler (plus a little extra, if I can). I think I'm going Team Darryl :happy:
    Done! Welcome to the challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jo and I love Walking Dead and Zombies! I use the Zombie Run app for running and love it.

I want to lose weight but my main goal is to be more active and healthy and lose weight and tone while doing that. I want to be on Team Mika and Lizzie.
    Done! Welcome to the challenge.:flowerforyou: I'm betting that Mika and Lizzie are going to earn lots of points for your team this season. They are badass.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Amy, and I LOVE The Walking Dead (or ANY zombie movies/shows for that matter!!) Lol I've been running for about the past year, but it's been at a very steady pace. I've haven't really worked on distance or trying to run faster. I usually set at a 5.5 pace, and run 2-2.5 miles and call it good. I'd really like to work on my pace, as well as my distance, so this is a great challenge. I also am looking to lose another 40-50 lbs, so weight loss is also in my goals!!! I would like to join Team Mika and Lizzie!! Thank you!! Can't wait. What a great idea for a challenge!
  • pdnaylor
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jim, and I've been a fan of WD since season 1! I've been working to get to my goal weight for a while now, and this challenge looks to really push my workouts even harder! I'm looking to join Team Tyrese and Sasha!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Amy, and I LOVE The Walking Dead (or ANY zombie movies/shows for that matter!!) Lol I've been running for about the past year, but it's been at a very steady pace. I've haven't really worked on distance or trying to run faster. I usually set at a 5.5 pace, and run 2-2.5 miles and call it good. I'd really like to work on my pace, as well as my distance, so this is a great challenge. I also am looking to lose another 40-50 lbs, so weight loss is also in my goals!!! I would like to join Team Mika and Lizzie!! Thank you!! Can't wait. What a great idea for a challenge!
    Done! That team is growing today!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jim, and I've been a fan of WD since season 1! I've been working to get to my goal weight for a while now, and this challenge looks to really push my workouts even harder! I'm looking to join Team Tyrese and Sasha!
    Welcome to the challenge, Jim. :flowerforyou: You are officially on Team Tyreese and Sasha. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I deleted Team Bob and Team Lily and Tara, so we only have 10 active teams. Today and tomorrow, I am PMing members who have not chosen teams to see if they are still interested and on Sunday and Monday the captains will be PMing anyone who hasn't logged in in a few days to mke sure we don't have any "dead weight". If you have signed up and chosen a team and have changed your mind, that's okay. Just PM me to be taken off the team list. Anyone can join after the challenge starts, but latecomers must join Team Walker Horde. So please check the Team Members and Captains List and make sure you are on there. If you can't find your name PM me by Monday morning with your team choice.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

yay!!! Let's kick some butt!
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is April. I'm a huge WD fan. I actually missed the first season but had heard so much about it from friends that I watched the season 1 marathon prior to the commencement of season 2 and loved it. I was hooked from the first episode. Picking a team has been tough, but I'm going to have to go with Team Rick. I was a little concerned about getting in over my head but this is a challenge, it is meant to be challenging! I would be happy to help as a team captian or whatever is needed.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi all, my name is April. I'm a huge WD fan. I actually missed the first season but had heard so much about it from friends that I watched the season 1 marathon prior to the commencement of season 2 and loved it. I was hooked from the first episode. Picking a team has been tough, but I'm going to have to go with Team Rick. I was a little concerned about getting in over my head but this is a challenge, it is meant to be challenging! I would be happy to help as a team captian or whatever is needed.
    Welcome to the challenge! I've added you to Rick. We ARE looking for a few more captains. Rick, Daryl, Tyreese and Sasha, Glenn and Maggie, Carl, and possibly Beth all need captains. It's just keeping track of the team members weekly points on Saturdays and sending them on to me, as well as choosing MVPs, watching the show and coming up with mini challenges and if your team wins, assigning punishment exercises to the other teams. :bigsmile:
  • philipfalzone1
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Phil and I know one thing. You dont do cardio you become zombie food! So I NEED TO DO CARDIO and I need motivation. I would like to participate and join Team Glenn & Maggie.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Keli and I just started MFP yesterday! I have struggled with my weight all my life, and most recently have been on the weight watchers program. With my long hours at work, I found it hard to keep up with the meetings, so I dropped out, got discouraged and gained more weight. I found MFP, and so far I love it! I love the accountability factor, which is why I am signing up for the WD challenge. And, of course, I am a huge WD fan. I haven't picked a team yet, but will be researching more soon and pick. I am also open to making a ton of friends on here, so if you want, ad me!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    just joined! ive been watching the show since season 3. some kid with S1 and S2 got me hooked and i've never looked back.

im April... been on mfp for almost 3 years. I've been lifting for nearly 2, but the last year i took a slight hiatus after adopting my first baby. I have been struggling to get back to a routine, and im hoping that joining a new gym and getting back to my lifts will bring back the me that was obsessed with my workouts.

GO TEAM CAROL!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Katrina. I have a 13 month old baby, go to college full time and work 2 jobs! I am a big Walking Dead fan and would love to use it as a motivator for losing weight. I think that I would like to be on team Carl
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    You dont do cardio you become zombie food!

This is exactly what motivates me to do cardio every day.