January 2014 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Just checked the race out! and it THAT is a challenge for sure! :glasses: .trails (nice!), and the (8,000 ft?) elevation gain, looks to be in the neighborhood of Pikes (7,800 ft gain going up) peak (if I read that right) :huh: very impressive.

Excellent! Looking forward to see your training progress :happy:

I am interested in a 50 miler someday, but not just yet, still working on doing a marathon properly trained. :bigsmile: (hoping to be ready for a mid June one).
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I have run 128 miles so far this month with a goal of at least 150 miles. I just ran the Houston half marathon and had a PR time of 1:56:49. I am happy since my last half in Mar 13 was 2:25 and my previous PR was 2:20. Hope everyone is having a good month too.

That is fantastic - well done!!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I have run 128 miles so far this month with a goal of at least 150 miles. I just ran the Houston half marathon and had a PR time of 1:56:49. I am happy since my last half in Mar 13 was 2:25 and my previous PR was 2:20. Hope everyone is having a good month too.

Great job! That's a huge PR!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just checked the race out! and it THAT is a challenge for sure! :glasses: .trails (nice!), and the (8,000 ft?) elevation gain, looks to be in the neighborhood of Pikes (7,800 ft gain going up) peak (if I read that right) :huh: very impressive.

Excellent! Looking forward to see your training progress :happy:

I am interested in a 50 miler someday, but not just yet, still working on doing a marathon properly trained. :bigsmile: (hoping to be ready for a mid June one).

Thanks! I just finished a 34.7 mile weekend, 71 for the week. I actually don't feel too bad. Two months to go!

According to the Facebook page for the race the actual gain for Leatherwood will be somewhere between 11,000 and 14,000 feet (depending on whether you measure using Garmin or topo software). Yep, it's going to be hilly!
  • tappae
    Options
    Only 20 for the week, but that puts me over 100 for the month! This is the first time I've made my goal on one of these spreadsheets. I guess I'll have to up it to 125 next month!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Only 20 for the week, but that puts me over 100 for the month! This is the first time I've made my goal on one of these spreadsheets. I guess I'll have to up it to 125 next month!

Congrats on hitting your goal! Nice work.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    @davemunger What a great week and awesome weekend! Good work.
    Makes me so jealous !
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I guess I was too conservative with my goal this month, but it had been a year since I had a 100 mile month, so I thought 85 would be a good target.

After this morning's run, I'm at 109 miles for the month with 4 runs to go... I should hit 120 pretty easily.

Feels great and gives me some confidence for the 175 - 200 mile months later this year in marathon training.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've changed my username on MFP and on the spreadsheet. Sorry for the confusion! Super excited to get 85 miles for January, my highest mileage so far! :happy:
  • davemunger
    Options
    Hi, I've changed my username on MFP and on the spreadsheet. Sorry for the confusion! Super excited to get 85 miles for January, my highest mileage so far! :happy:

I have re-sorted the spreadsheet and updated the tally on the front page. Nice job with your mileage--you're almost there!
  • tappae
    Options
    I guess I was too conservative with my goal this month, but it had been a year since I had a 100 mile month, so I thought 85 would be a good target.

After this morning's run, I'm at 109 miles for the month with 4 runs to go... I should hit 120 pretty easily.

Feels great and gives me some confidence for the 175 - 200 mile months later this year in marathon training.

Great work!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Yay! I hit my mileage goal today -- in the snow!

5 others have also made it with two days to spare: Marikevr, Pafagel, Runningchick70, Tappae, and Wombat94.

9 more runners are within 15 percent, and I'm pretty sure some of the others may be in range but haven't logged recently. Let's finish strong!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dave! :flowerforyou:
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Great work everyone whose hit their mileage goals for January! What a great start to the year!!

I've got just over 4 miles left for the month, so hopefully can log those tomorrow. :smile:
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal today of 100 miles for the month! woohoo!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone that hit their goal this month, I had a lot of things going on this month specially my two kids being sick at the same time. This really held me back from running for about a week and a half. But will hit for the same goal next month and reach it
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sigh, it sucks that I've been sick for the past 2 weeks. Didn't reach my goal but will be back for February. Great job everyone:)
  • davemunger
    Options
    I hit my goal today of 100 miles for the month! woohoo!
    Awesome! Congrats!

9 runners have hit their goals so far and several more are close -- I think some of them just haven't logged their miles here.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    106 for this month, had hoped for more. I need to deal better with snow/and cold. [I grew up in the snow (Sweden) so I have no excuse really, BUT better than December though so an improvement at least. :happy:

Hoping everyone is doing well! :flowerforyou: