Your Favourite Fat Bomb?

Options

Replies

• KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    3 tbsp of butter, 3 tbsp of coconut oil, 3 tbsp of hazelnut butter, cacao, 1 tsp of cinnamon, pouring into candy cups, makes about 12. 1 fatbomb has about 83 calories, 9 grams of fat and 1 gram of carbs, 1 gram of protein and half a gram of fiber.

I never use artificial sweetener with them.

I've never been able to do most fat bombs, but this one sounds like one I'm interested in. :-)
  • Superglossy
    Superglossy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I might be a bit of a dummy on this matter, but what us a fat bomb??!!
    I'm a long term low carb fan but new to keto. Looking forward to kicking off on 1st January!!!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    A ketogenic diet is low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein, HIGH in fat. Some days just require a fat bomb to get your fat macros where they need to be.

I'm kicking off January 1, too. I've started just cutting out carbs over the last couple weeks, but I will begin diligent tracking and adding fat January 1. I have had tremendous success on a keto plan and am coming back for more :)
  • Superglossy
    Superglossy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! After a bit of a lazy diet phase I've just started cutting the carbs again. It has always kept my weight under control in the past so hoping it works again as I've gained a bit if weight. Think keto could be just the thing because I think the higher fat content will make it more enjoyable for the longer term. Must get onto these fat bombs! Good luck,
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the individual serving recipes. They'll be useful when I don't quite have enough ingredients on hand. I use the coconut/ almond butter/ cocoa recipe but it makes 12 servings in my little silicone molds.
  • tastethis
    tastethis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've made so far are Lemon Clouds. They turned out all right...I don't think I used enough stevia though. Heres a link to the recipe: http://frominsideabubble.tumblr.com/post/49190129854/fat-bombs-lemon-clouds
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    The only ones I've made so far are Lemon Clouds.

Bookmarked! That sounds awesome.
  • bernicem77
    bernicem77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I made this today. I think they could count as fat bombs. Taste like cheesecake to me.

1 pack cream cheese (room temperature)
    1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
    2 packs splenda

Makes 6 servings
    Per serving: 255 cal, 3g protein, 26g fat, 3 carbs
  • CBDoll
    CBDoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    3 tbsp of butter, 3 tbsp of coconut oil, 3 tbsp of hazelnut butter, cacao, 1 tsp of cinnamon, pouring into candy cups, makes about 12. 1 fatbomb has about 83 calories, 9 grams of fat and 1 gram of carbs, 1 gram of protein and half a gram of fiber.

I never use artificial sweetener with them.

This sounds good to me, I'm not into artificial sweeteners either. Thanks for sharing.
  • jhiggi83
    jhiggi83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My first meal is 72 Grams of fat. Im sure that qualifies as a fat bomb. I eat 2 times a day 4 hours apart then fast the other 20 so I have to jam all my fat into 2 meals
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Some of my keyboard buttons are broken so forgive some things like the slash going the wrong way etc.

3\4 Cup Coconut Oil
    1\2 Cup Butter (Salted or Unsalted depending on taste and any other concerns you may have)
    3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
    2-4 Tablespoons of No added Sugar\Salt Peanut Butter
    Sweetener to taste: I use a mixture of Sugarless Liquid and Xylitol (granules). I find mixing the two cuts out the weird taste.

Put in pan, melt, make sure any granulated sugar is dissolved. Pour into your moulds (I use icecube trays). Makes about 20.

Enjoy :-)
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've made so far are Lemon Clouds. They turned out all right...I don't think I used enough stevia though. Heres a link to the recipe: http://frominsideabubble.tumblr.com/post/49190129854/fat-bombs-lemon-clouds

I'm going to try this one ... but maybe use a different sweetener. I'm also considering adding some unsweetened, shredded, toasted coconut and adding it to the mix... I wonder if that would work, or if freezing the resulting bombs would make the coconut hard to chew?
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
  • ThunderButt11
    ThunderButt11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My recipe for Spicy Fat Bomb dip eaten with crispy celery sticks

3oz cream cheese
    1/4 c shredded cheddar
    2 T salsa
    hot sauce or sirracha to taste

Warm cream cheese in microwave (about 20 seconds), stir in cheddar until melted, add salsa and hot sauce to taste.

Eat it with celery sticks.

Yummy!
  • djgreen1968
    djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this keto way of eating, but I attempted to make a batch of fat bombs. I took half of a package of cream cheese, and real whipped cream, and beat them together with my mixer. Put bite sized dollops on parchment paper and froze them. Yummy!!! I am not experienced enough to give you calories, fat ratio..........? I know they are both higher in fat.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My recipe for Spicy Fat Bomb dip eaten with crispy celery sticks

3oz cream cheese
    1/4 c shredded cheddar
    2 T salsa
    hot sauce or sirracha to taste

Warm cream cheese in microwave (about 20 seconds), stir in cheddar until melted, add salsa and hot sauce to taste.

Eat it with celery sticks.

Yummy!

This sounds great!! Thanks. Sometimes the sweet, nutty coconut fat bombs are not what I want, great alternative!!
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I wanted to share a delicious fat bomb I created this morning!!!! ITS SOOOO GOOD!!!

CHERRY BOMBS

8 Tablespoons Heavy/Whipping Cream
    2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
    1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil ( Use LIquid or solid melted or will not blend properly )
    2 squirts MIO Black Cherry water enhancer ( small drops - very potent taste )

Blend heavy cream, cream cheese and coconut oil with mixer/blend on high for two mins. Add a drop or two Mio ( You can really use any flavor, lemonade is GREAT too )

Drop by tablespoonful into ice cube tray. Makes 8 frozen Bombs. Store in freezer *

PER SERVING:

Calories 61

Fat 7g

Carb 0-1g ( trace)

Protein 1g

57250916.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    The only ones I've made so far are Lemon Clouds.

Bookmarked! That sounds awesome.

Uh...yeah. I'm going to have to make those.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I wanted to share a delicious fat bomb I created this morning!!!! ITS SOOOO GOOD!!!

CHERRY BOMBS

8 Tablespoons Heavy/Whipping Cream
    2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
    1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil ( Use LIquid or solid melted or will not blend properly )
    2 squirts MIO Black Cherry water enhancer ( small drops - very potent taste )

Blend heavy cream, cream cheese and coconut oil with mixer/blend on high for two mins. Add a drop or two Mio ( You can really use any flavor, lemonade is GREAT too )

Drop by tablespoonful into ice cube tray. Makes 8 frozen Bombs. Store in freezer *

PER SERVING:

Calories 61

Fat 7g

Carb 0-1g ( trace)

Protein 1g

57250916.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I wanted to add they have the taste and feel of creamy ice cream :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Mine is Starbucks cap with heavy whipping cream. 88g of fat and around 7g of carbs.