Your Favourite Fat Bomb?

Options

Replies

• rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/toasted-coconut-candy/

These here...oh my dear sweet lord lol. They are amazing with absolutely no weird aftertaste from the sweetener (swerve) and at 91 percent fat...how much better can you get? You eat them right from the freezer (or let them sit out for about 10 minutes for a softer texture). They taste like an ice cream with the texture of nougat if you let them soften a bit. I make them in bigger squares to total about 250 cals. The original recipe's stat's are:

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 48 pieces that are about 1¼” square. Each piece contains:

51.4 calories

5.11 g fat

1.06 g carbs, .6 g fiber, .46 NET CARBS

.72 g protein

Here are the ingredients so you can decide if it's something you will like...

8 oz. softened cream cheese

¼ c. (1 oz). dessicated, unsweetened coconut

¼ c. (1 oz.) dessicated, unsweetened coconut, TOASTED

½ c. coconut oil

1 oz. roasted almonds, ground coarsely

1 tsp. almond extract (makes the candy extra special)

3 T. coconut flour

¼ c. powdered erythritol (I powder in my food processor)

½ tsp. Fiberfit or other liquid sweetener to taste

Tiny pinch of salt

I replaced the almonds with walnuts and it's amazing that way...and even lower in carbs. Best fat bomb EVER!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've only made one batch of fat bombs, just started keto a few days ago for the first time. I think they turned out great and they are super easy.

Chocolate Raspberry Fat Bombs
    5 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons coconut oil
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons of Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup (or any flavor you have) I use Walmart brand because its super cheap.

Heat on low in microwave, stir until ingredients are mixed and pour into silicone mold. Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy. I keep the extra in ziploc bags in the freezer.
    This recipe makes 12 small fat bombs. 73.3 calories, 8 g fat, 1/2 carb each.
  • anndelise
    anndelise Posts: 14
    Options
    artificial sweeteners really mess with me

Have you tried stevia? It's quite rare for people to be sensitive to that.

/raises hand

I am.

Also allergic to ragweed, which is in the same family as the stevia...that is probably why I can't use it.
    This is good to know, thank you. I'm glad now that I hadn't tried stevia yet. That could've ended badly. :(
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump great recipes!
  • happy2hikeak
    happy2hikeak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    60 second chocolate shot-

2 tbsp cream coconut (manna or coconut butter)
    2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or almond milk
    1 tbp unsweetened cocoa or carob
    sweetener of choice ( I use a generous serving of stevia)
    splash of vanilla extract

cream together for 60 seconds using the back of a spoon,or I usually melt in the microwave.

Not my favorite fat bomb as far as taste but it does a couple of things for me - 1. totally kills my appetitie and 2. it will take care of any chocolate craving I have for some time. Just thought I'd share, made it tonight for dinner when I realized that I had used up my protein for the day and I'm sitting here not even interested in food.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I love all these recipes, will be trying some soon. Here is one I found via Fbook, I make them in my silicon mini muffin pan, so more than the recipe says and about 56 cals each, and they freeze well, taste like ice cream.

http://www.djfoodie.com/Vanilla-Candy

Ingredients Calories Fat Protein Carbs Fiber SA's Net Carbs
    8 ounces (227g) full fat cream cheese, preferably warmed 777 77.3 13.7 8.8 0 0 8.8
    1/2 cup (100g) 'Swerve' or other sugar equivalent 0 0 0 100 0 100 0
    1 dash (0g) salt 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract 11.54 0 0 .5 0 0 0.5
    1/2 cup (119g) cream, heavy whipping 410.5 44 2.5 3.5 0 0 3.5
    Totals (of 6 Servings): 1199.04 121.3g 16.2g 112.8g 0g 100g 12.8g
    Per Serving: 199.84 20.22g 2.7g 18.8g 0g 16.67g 2.13g *

re: Starbucks in Japan not knowing about substituting HWC in a latte, I tried that once and had to ask them to use "the whipped cream that they had not whipped yet" LOL. Some funny looks on their faces. They stock cream for whipping. They only know that it is for whipping. Never for just adding to a drink!
    So lately, I just ask for whipped cream on top.
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use the almond butter chia squares recipe found at ruled.me They're a little strange at first, but quickly become delicious! The next time I make them I'm going to make my own pecan butter and see if it is even better.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My favorite, though you must save some calories for the end of the day, is 1 Tbsp melted butter, 1 oz softened cream cheese. Mix together, then add 2 Tbsp Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter and 1 tbsp. splenda. JUMPIN GEHOSEPHAT IT'S GOOD.

NOOOOOOOOOOO, not Jiff. I know it taste good but it's not really peanutbutter. Peanut butter should have 1 or 2 ingredients. Peanuts and possible salt.

Jiff:
    Ingredients:

MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

3 grams of sugar in 1 server. :(

It's too bad it is so tasty.
  • bchavis2012
    bchavis2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just found this today. I call it the perfect keto shake. It was actually an ice cream recipe.
    Just throw it all in a blender if u want ice cream blend it and put it in icecream maker.
    1 tbs heavy cream
    2 tbs butter
    2 tbs coconut oil
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    3 drops apple cider vinegar (idk why)
    1 tbs sweetener (give or take)
    1 whole egg (pasteurized of course)
    1 additional egg yolk
    1/2 cup ice

I added 1/2 tbs of peanut butter but you can flavor with coffee or strawberries maybe. Its like 59 grams fat
    Feel free to tweak this as I'm no chef

Here is the original icecream recipe
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I need to mark this topic to read through it later. I used to make great fat bombs using some honey or banana, when I was breastfeeding and ate more carb.
    Now as I do keto, I can not find any good recipe. I hate stevia taste ( both powder and liquid ) and other sweeteners seems to give me sugar like reactions.

Maybe I just wait until my taste buds adjust enough to enjoy them without any type of sweetener.
  • mixelated
    mixelated Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ...allergic to ragweed, which is in the same family as the stevia...that is probably why I can't use it.

Oh boy... I bought a stevia plant the other day, curious about experimenting with using the leaves, and I thought "Odd... this looks like a ragweed plant."

I'm allergic to ragweed...
  • mixelated
    mixelated Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As for my latest fat bomb, I've been making quickie coconut lemon bombs: half a tablespoon each of kerrygold butter and coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut (Bob's Red Mill), a dash of lemon juice or extract. I found that I liked it with or without a sweetener.
  • AmyMS86
    AmyMS86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As for my latest fat bomb, I've been making quickie coconut lemon bombs: half a tablespoon each of kerrygold butter and coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut (Bob's Red Mill), a dash of lemon juice or extract. I found that I liked it with or without a sweetener.

I'll have to try these. I despise chocolate, so I've been looking for a fat bomb recipe without it. The cheesecake fat bombs mentioned previously sounds great, as well.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this too. Thanks!
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty simple. I mixed equal parts of coconut butter and natural peanut butter and put it in a mini-muffin tin by tablespoons and store in the fridge. Then, I take one of those and melt it together with a small square of 85% cacao dark chocolate, then mix in a tablespoon of hwc. The only sugar in it is the tiny bit in the chocolate, but it tastes plenty sweet enough. I'm going to make it with almond butter next time.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My favorite fat bomb lately is a large bunch of coconut oil,melted, add a Tbsp or 2 of sugar free chocolate chips, which makes the coconut oil very chocolatey. I then add either toasted coconut & almonds, or other nuts. Its simple but just like a tasty chocolate bar.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've only made one batch of fat bombs, just started keto a few days ago for the first time. I think they turned out great and they are super easy.

Chocolate Raspberry Fat Bombs
    5 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons coconut oil
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons of Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup (or any flavor you have) I use Walmart brand because its super cheap.

Heat on low in microwave, stir until ingredients are mixed and pour into silicone mold. Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy. I keep the extra in ziploc bags in the freezer.
    This recipe makes 12 small fat bombs. 73.3 calories, 8 g fat, 1/2 carb each.
    I haven't had very good luck with fat bombs, but these sound delicious.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Holy crow I hit the jack pot. Mostly commenting to bump this in the forum in case people need new ideas! :) You can never have too many fat bomb variations!

Personally I'm looking for dairy free ones. But I think I will splurge and make the cheese cake ones for a special occaision coming up. AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE STEVIA-RAGWEED CONNECTION.

I'm just not using sweetners anyway, period. Just don't personally feel the need. But I'm deathly allergic to ragweed. Sounds silly but I'm sooooo tempted to get some stevia and test it out just to see what happens.
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like the Zesty Lemon Cheesecake ones on this site (scroll down)- http://lowcarbediem.com/fat-bombs-recipes-atkins-ketosis/
    When I ran out of those and wanted to make more, I didn't have another lemon, so I made strawberry cheesecake ones instead-
    2 oz cream cheese, softened
    4 tbsp butter, softened
    4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1-1 1/2 tbsp Swerve (I use the confectioner's)
    2 tsp Polaner's Sugar-free + fiber Strawberry Jam

Blend cream cheese, butter, coconut oil, lemon juice, and Swerve. Spoon 1 tbsp into a muffin pan or mold (I use a silicone Wilton's brownie pop pan with half a popsicle stick in each bomb- makes it an extra special yummy treat!). Top w/ 1/4 tsp of the jam, then another tbsp of the cheesecake mixture. Freeze until hard and enjoy! Store in the freezer.
  • Neil1139
    Neil1139 Posts: 10
    Options
    Almond butter through the day. Lowers ldl raises hdl, right macros and very nice.