Counting marinades

Options
Hey dawgs like Im just sittin here in this fedora just wondering how to account for marinading my chickens? Id imagine most of it gets cooked off or poured down the drain but I want to know how y'all do it. Should I just assume one carb for safety?

Replies

• DehydrationStation
    Options
    [strokes neckbeard] Hmmm.

I guess it would depend on the contents of the marinade.

There are sugar-based marinades (which I would definitely avoid), and vinegar marinades, which might be okay.
  • Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have this issue when I bake shrimp in a butter bath. The only solution I've managed to come up with is measuring the ingredients that I use and then weighing what pours off. This only works for super wet recipes that don't get baked dry.
  • CooksWithoutARecipe
    Options
    Unless I'm using something really sugary like bbq sauce, I don't count it. In those cases, I'm using a tiny amount like 2 tbl as a baste for 4 servings and I just enter it all as a recipe.

That said, I've been keeping to <25g carb/day and have objective and subjective signs of ketosis. If I wasn't sure or wasn't losing weight, I'd probably do things differently.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I weigh the marinade before pouring it over the meat. I then weigh the marinade that's left over.

However, I've found this to be such a pain in the neck, that I just don't use marinades anymore, haha.