February 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME all walkers! The first month of 2014 is almost in the books, and February begins on Saturday. So the time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge is here once again!

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop in the player will help us become stronger and healthier as we continue to walk into 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside, or on the treadmill, as well as other walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk on, join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome! Just walk right in :smile: .

It is fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know.
If you are doing additional exercise besides the walks feel free to mention them if you feel like it. It is always inspiring to get new ideas and also to support one another in our pursuit of health and strength however it is done. So please share those also if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the February 2014 challenge together as we continue to walk our way toward our fitness goals we made for 2014.

Lets walk :flowerforyou: !

Replies

• constancemwj
    Options
    Count me in for Feb.
    last month 50 miles was to easy.
    So I'm shooting for 65 miles.
    Hopefully that'll make me push myself a little more.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm in! Thanks beautiful!! Xoxo
    1) 5 mile ultimate walk, 35 min chg flat tire, 17 elliptical 5.98 mi 12,212
    2) 3 mi off day walk, 4.83 mi 12,162
    3)2mi ❤️ healthy walk, 30 min Ab wo 4.99 miles 12,697
    4)3Mi Calorie Blast w/walk belt, 30 min wgt training, 7.26 mi 18,205
    5) 3mi walk. 6.1 miles 15,518
    6)3mi walk w/belt 4.9mi 12,287
    7)30 min wgt train, 2mi walk 4.35 11,048
    8)5 Really Big Miles. 6.35 mi 16,085
    9)3.1 mi 8692
    10)30 wgt train, 2mi ❤️healthy walk 7452
    11)3.1 5kw/twist 8619
    12) 37 min wgt train, 3mi Burn Body Fat 5.13 13,004
    13)3mi walk ur belly flat w/jogging intervals-3 4.86 12,314
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80 miles in February. Hopefully i will get more than that, we will see! #letsgo
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    With spring/summer right around the corner I'm ramping up my weight/strength training and calisthenics workouts and scaling back on the cardio this month. I'm not setting a mile goal this month, but I will be posting what I do as I go along. :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Finished the month on a real high..........1.92 miles walked today. Not up to my usual standard.

156.83 miles walked in January. Target of 75 miles, upped to 125. Both target beaten. Whew!!
  • bridget_williamson23
    Options
    I think this month I want to go for 90 miles. I made my 75 miles for this month, so 90 will make me work.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Just like last month, I'm nervous about my endurance and the amount I can burn. I'm gonna try for between 50-100 miles
    this month; we'll see what happens.

Sue
  • ddeiser
    ddeiser Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay, count me in. I'm upping my miles to 60 this month!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am in for 50 miles (or more) this month.
  • Hazel_nuts
    Hazel_nuts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to start layering in some other cardio exercise, so I'm going to aim for 60 miles this month.

Today I walked 2 miles outside. 58 to go!
  • Lorelyrra
    Lorelyrra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing a challenge, but it sounds like fun! I'm going to start with 50 for my first time.

Today I did 3 miles with the Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile Walk

Total for Feb so far: 3 miles
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 50-100 miles

Today: 1 mile NuStep, 3 sets of 15 reps each bicep curls, pulley work, and chest press at 20 pounds
    9 miles LS Party Songs

Total for 2/1/2014 : 10 miles
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did the Leslie Sansone-Walk your belly flat 3 mile walk

I also am doing 2 challenges a push-up challenge and Little Black Dress challenge

250 jumping jacks
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Started the day with 2 miles; LS 5 day plan.
    tomorrow is my rest day. so see everyone Monday
    total 2
    Goal 65
  • Kanndj
    Kanndj Posts: 25
    Options
    This will be my first month of Walk Challenge in MFP and with this group, but count me in. I will pop back in with my goal. I want to challenge myself but be realistic, especially as a newbie. :smile:
  • ekharris84
    ekharris84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing this challenge, but excited to join. My goal will be 60 miles.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I will do LEslie's 5 mile walk plus Zumba for 30 minutes or so

I am 5.3 and 75kg can anyone suggest what should be my WALK TARGET for this month based on my stats???
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Although I have walked with Leslie for over a year, I have never done a walk challenge before. However, it is February and very cold and snowy in Michigan, so I think I need a challenge to maintain focus on my fitness! :blushing: So, my plan is to walk 75 miles in February and continue strength training with Walk if Off in 30!

Feb 1-Walk it Off and Tone it Up-5 miles=70 more to go! :noway:
    Brenda :smile:
  • Hazel_nuts
    Hazel_nuts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    February 1: 2 miles outside
    February 2: 3 miles outside

5 down, 55 to go!
  • JaziH
    JaziH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group ! This will be my first month walking with Leslie in almost a year , so I set my goal at 50 miles.