Introductions

Options

Replies

• kbeltra
    kbeltra Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Karen and im 30 years old with a son that will turn 4 this month :) my new years resolution of january 2012 was to loose weight which i am almost down to 100 pounds lost i was weighing 285 or maybe a little more. I really would like to make friends to see what they eat also. I was born in new jersey but my family is from south america Colombia. I now reside in North Carolina. Spanish people food we all eat lots of starch and fatty foods which make it hard to be around them lol :) but i have succeeded and i am still in my transformation. Hopefully i will keep loosing more weight to be a healthier me :)
  • Julie20fan
    Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Karen. My husband is Puerto Rican and we know all too well how they all eat...lol. Congrats on the weight loss so far. You are well on your way of reaching your goals. We will share some of our favorite recipes. If there is something you would like to share please feel free.
  • Brianna032015
    Brianna032015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! My name is Brianna. In addition to just wanting and needing to feel better about myself and the way that I look, I am marrying my AMAZING dream-boat of a fiance, Jason, on March 20, 2015!! I am beyond excited!!! I have a year long goal of losing 40 pounds for my wedding! I want to be as fit as I've ever been when I walk down the aisle. I want our future babies to look at our wedding pictures and say "DAMN, MOMMY!! YOU WERE HOT!" Let's do this together!!
  • kcl29
    kcl29 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Kathy and I am 55 and live in Michigan. Today is my first day on MFP. I looked for a site that was free and would sync to my phone and found this one. Looks great!

I have needed to lose some weight most of my adult life, but now it is climbing and getting the better of me. I love to cook and I cook really healthy meals. It is a portion control and splurge problem with me most of the time.

Well, my always healthy and thin husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December and he needs to put on some weight. So not only has this been unbearably stressful, but he has been loading up on pasta, and potatoes and carbs of all sorts. So this month, seeing my weight inch up again in January, I decided that if he can go through all that he is enduring to try and get healthy again and beat this awful disease, surely I can get serious and eat right and move a little more and drop some weight to be healthier myself! I am hoping this site will force me to concentrate a little on myself and my needs, because the better I feel the more energy I will have to help the rest of my family.

I want to lose 60 pounds this year once and for all. Six pounds a month should do it. Here's to a successful February,,,,,
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Brianna~ Welcome to the group and sharing what you would like to achieve. Congrats on the future wedding. You have more than enough time to reach your goal. And, yes you will look like that hot momma. Please feel free to encourage and share what you would like.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Kathy~ Welcome to the group. Wow, you have a powerful story and yes you are certainly correct if you are healthier and happier then all of your loved ones will benefit from that. So sorry to hear about your husband. The majority of the population struggle with portion control. We can even over eat on healthy food believe it or not. I am happy you are a part of this group and we will work together as as team for you to reach your goals.
  • lgillespie01
    Options
    Hey y'all! My name is Lisa and I am a single-Mom of three beautiful kids. I live in Northern Mississippi with my children who are 16, 8 and 7. I have recently joined a local gym and have decided that 2014 is my year to shine! I work full time in healthcare administration, my days are long and stressful, but I absolutely love what I do! I appreciate you putting the group together and I look forward to us all helping each other obtain our fitness and weight loss goals. I have a super, hard time staying away from sweets and I need all the help I can get! Good luck to you all! :)
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Lisa~ Thank you for joining my group. This is going to be life changing for each and everyone of us in the group. We are going to be there to support each other and share what works for us. I too worked in the healthcare field so I understand the stress you are under. Please share what you would like.
  • DebReddin
    DebReddin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Debra. I'm a married mom of two smaller children. I life is really busy, and it seems that taking care of my needs always comes last. I haven't lost any weight since I've joined, and I'm tired of this current stage right now.
  • mgreen95
    mgreen95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary, I live in Idaho. I am a stay at home mom and wife. My husband was diagnosis with Lou Gehrig's disease about 4 years ago so I have gained a lot of weight and have decided that its time to lose it. I am determined to get healthy for my family and more importantly for myself.
  • boobonka
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad I found this group because I need a support group to assist me in achieving my goal ????
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Debra~ And welcome to the group. I know having small kids makes it difficult to set time out for yourself. Try and schedule a date with yourself. Make this date your workout time. Do not allow anything to get in the way with this date. Also, figure out when you are at your best. Is it first thing in the morning or after you get home from work. This is the time you should workout. We will work together to get you to your goal. Great job on your success so far.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Mary~

So nice to have you with us. This group will help you stay on track and give you the encouragement to keep pushing forward. With your hard work you will see the results you wants. Happy to have you. And yes, you are right. You need to be healthier not only for you, but your family.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Boobonka~

Thank you for joining. We will work together on nutrition and fitness to get you to where you would like to be. It's exciting to just take the first step. Happy to be on this journey with you.
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Claudia. I'm from Arizona, I have two children both girls and I'm looking to lose weight and get healthy. I'm so excited to find this web site and group. It's really holding me accountable. I've lost 6 lbs this week just by eating right and exercising. I love counting my calories after every meal now I just feel in control. It's so nice to meet all of you and I look forward to hearing from everyone and cheering each other on.
  • ginagrayz
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Gina, I am a 45 year old mother of 3 kids (21 & 17 year old sons, 13 year old daughter), and I live in the Northernmost end of Kentucky, right on the Ohio river and within a stones throw of the Great American Ballpark - home of the Cincinnati Reds!

I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life, but as of this very depressing Sunday morning I just weighed myself and realized I am at an all time high on the scale...it is time to take control and do something about this!! I have become very inactive over the past year, and I need to start moving and start controlling the types of food I am putting into my body!

I really need motivation, a place to be held accountable, and also help understanding how to use the MFP site. My goal is to lose a total of 30 pounds by August 1st....I think i'm ready, I think I have the right mindset this time, I just need help!!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tracie and I will be 50 years old this year- ugh - that's the first time I have written that. Looking to lose 12 lbs by April and another 12 by June. I always start out good and then fall back to old habits. I am going to commit to working out at least 180 minutes a week and get in the habit of logging EVERYTHING. Good luck to everyone!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Claudia~ Welcome to the group and congrats on the first weeks weight loss. Be careful you are not depriving yourself of calories. It's so inspiring to see each of you on your own personal journey's and I am happy to be a part of it with you. Looking forward to seeing your amazing transformation.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Gina~

So happy to have you a part of this group. I along with everyone else in this group will hold each other accountable. So you are in the right place. You have taken the hardest step you will take during this journey and that is deciding to take your life back and make healthier decisions. For that you should be proud. I am going to send you a private message and we will discuss some options for you. I look forward to helping you all along the way.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Tracie~ Welcome to the group. Yes, the hardest part for most of us is staying on track. This is why accountability groups are so important. I try and remind myself of how I feel after I get done with a workout. That helps me keep going. You can do this. We all can.