looking for CrossFit women pals

Options

Replies

• klobz11
    klobz11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started a month ago and absolutely love it. I started it because I wanted it to complement the other sport I do: roller derby to help make me stronger and improve my fitness. Being extremely overweight I was also hoping it would help me lose weight (which it has).

Right now I can't currently do any classes because I've injured my hip and have to get an ultrasound done to determine the exact injury. It probably wasn't from crossfit as I have been doing other exercise too.

The box I go to is great. I'm easily the most unfit person there but everyone there is helpful and encouraging.

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week and am already hooked.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Another newbie - feel free to add
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have been doing crossfit 8 months now and I absolutely love it. It has changed my body in ways I couldn't have imagined. Yes, it certainly does not get easier, because the minute it feels easy then it is time to ups those weights and push through

Good luck!!!!!!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Started crossfit on the 11th this month. Going twice a week and love it so far. Feel free to add me!
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Currently surviving week 3, feel free to add!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Almost a month in! Would love some Crossfit buddies!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Did On Ramp in September and fell in love! Add me, just send a message with request.
  • nancyl8198
    nancyl8198 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Crossfit since October and I LOVE it! Would love some other crossfit friends. Please add me.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Started one year ago Feb 4th... absolutely LOVE it... Had a sprain wrist (funny enough not done at CF) that I am still recovering from... starting to use arms again... But the trainers have been so great... I could move a bus with the thigh from all the other things they had me do while everyone else lifted.. Ha!!!

Welcome to the crossfit family!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Been doing CrossFit since 2008, coaching since 2011 and married my Oly/CrossFit coach this past fall ;)

Feel free to add.
  • AMdreams7
    Options
    Just started Crossfit almost a month ago and I'm loving it. Would love some Crossfit pals!
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Question for you CrossFit ladies - now that you have found CrossFit have you found a shift in your attitude about how look? When I joined CrossFit it was to lose weight and I wanted to look "slim". Over my time I switched to focusing on what my body could do and not what it looked like (it didn't hurt of course that my body Composition shifted to much much healthier body fat% and I dropped 6-8 sizes). But I now find myself beating myself up for not "looking" like a CrossFitter - not looking like Stacie Tovar or Camille Leblanc. This has especially been true over my past 2 years coaching. I know I could more LOOK the part if I went back to the strict clean eating I was doing when I was competing, but honestly I hated the stress of the lifestyle I was living back then.

Thoughts?
  • cxmom97
    cxmom97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been CrossFitting for 3 years now and still in love with it. I don't know if I will ever be an elite CrossFitter but I love how it makes me feel and how strong I have become. I have just started the eat to perform eating standards and love it compared to just Paleo or just calorie counting. It gives me freedome like Zone but less complicated. haha. Anyway feel free to add me as well. I would love some more like friends to follow and support!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Question for you CrossFit ladies - now that you have found CrossFit have you found a shift in your attitude about how look? When I joined CrossFit it was to lose weight and I wanted to look "slim". Over my time I switched to focusing on what my body could do and not what it looked like (it didn't hurt of course that my body Composition shifted to much much healthier body fat% and I dropped 6-8 sizes). But I now find myself beating myself up for not "looking" like a CrossFitter - not looking like Stacie Tovar or Camille Leblanc. This has especially been true over my past 2 years coaching. I know I could more LOOK the part if I went back to the strict clean eating I was doing when I was competing, but honestly I hated the stress of the lifestyle I was living back then.

Thoughts?

Yes, I've gone from wanting to be slim to wanting to be stronger. I don't really care so much about what size I am or what I weigh. Just feeling fitter is worth it. And being able to lift more weight. :smile:

I still could do with dropping my bf% and I know the key is in diet. But that's always going to be the bit I struggle with.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Currently the only weight I care about is what is on the bar and that going UP! When I started in October my bench was around 83, push press 93, DL 175, ring rows instead of pull ups.... now, today I did an incline bench at 113 (tried for 118 but failed), Push press is around 113 (can't remember off hand), DL is 253! I can do pull ups with less bands than I started with. I love it. I'm only almost 5 months in, but for now just trying to build muscle. I'll worry about needing/wanting to cut fat more later.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    I've heard great things about eat to perform and have heard great things about it. Keep us informed about how it is going. I know when I started CrossFit my attitude was I do this so I can eat whatever I want, but once I started competing in bigger events I cleaned it up following a Paleo for athletes plan and felt a TON better.
  • JoJo0921
    JoJo0921 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for almost 6 months now. I love it! I have seen much more progress and strength gains in a 10 minute crossfit workout than I ever did when I'd spend up to two hours in a gym before! Can always feel free to add me. I don't log my crossfit workouts on MFP though because I'm currently using IIFYM for my intake numbers
  • harrellap
    harrellap Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started in Jan...never been so sore in my life! I really like how you can get a great work out in such a short amount of time and be so sore :) please add me I need inspiration especially with my eating :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Foam roll before AND after you work out. It helps a bit.

My best advice on eating is jut to remove the foods that tempt you from your house entirely. Avoid restaurants that tempt you. Avoid hanging out with people who tempt you (this is the hardest one by far.)

Will power is a finite resource. It WILL run out at some point. Best not to put yourself in a position where it can hurt you.