Options
    Bump :)
  • thayilT
    thayilT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is a fat bomb??
  • veronicaadavis7
    Options
    Okay, my favorite pre-LCHF treat was an almond joy, but I always wished they'd made them dark chocolate instead of milk. Any ideas of how to put together a coconut, almond, dark cocoa and sea salt fat bomb that wouldn't be too high in carbs? I've made the dark bark with coconut oil and cocoa but I know the coconut and almonds have substantial amounts of carbs in relation to the fat.
  • fitmummy86
    Options
    How many does this recipe make. Thankyou in advance.
  • mccandlessmom
    mccandlessmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I haven't made fat bombs before; I haven't even her of them until recently, so thank you for this thread! I can't wait to try some of these recipes, especially the cherry bombs. I am a bit hesitant to use any artificial sweetener since I read about an experiment that shows they can lower ketone levels, thus slowing fat burning.

Are the ones with cocoa powder and no artificial sweetener very bitter?
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Okay, my favorite pre-LCHF treat was an almond joy, but I always wished they'd made them dark chocolate instead of milk. Any ideas of how to put together a coconut, almond, dark cocoa and sea salt fat bomb that wouldn't be too high in carbs? I've made the dark bark with coconut oil and cocoa but I know the coconut and almonds have substantial amounts of carbs in relation to the fat.

I was looking up fat bombs the other day and found this little treat: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2537035.

I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly looks promising. I used to loooove Mounds bars. You could probably stick one almond on the top of each before freezing.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Can we get this thread stickied to the top of the page?

Most of these sound amazing, and I love that there are 'savory' fat bombs out there too and not just sweet ones!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1 Justin's Peanut Butter Squeeze pack
    1 TBSP stevia-flavored chocolate chips (no sugar)
    1 TBSP Kerrygold Irish Butter
    2 TBSP stevia-flavored homemade whipped cream

I like making a single serving at a time. So while making dinner, I'll melt the peanut butter and butter in a bowl then add the chocolate chips and put the bowl in the freezer. Once I'm done with dinner, I have a nice bowl of fat bomb ready for dessert. It's just frozen enough and then I top it with my whipped cream.

This works better for me because the squeeze packs keep me from dipping into an open jar of peanut butter (I love the stuff too much and it's too tempting for me to snack on -- whereas the squeeze packs are enough extra work that I tend not to want to open them throughout the day).
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    The only ones I've made so far are Lemon Clouds.

Bookmarked! That sounds awesome.

Uh...yeah. I'm going to have to make those.

These are awesome! I didn't have enough coconut oil, so I used coconut butter, and they still came out yummy.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mine is Starbucks cap with heavy whipping cream. 88g of fat and around 7g of carbs.

What is a Starbucks cap? Like a Breve? My Starbucks never has heavy whipping cream, only half&half. :(
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Mine is Starbucks cap with heavy whipping cream. 88g of fat and around 7g of carbs.

What is a Starbucks cap? Like a Breve? My Starbucks never has heavy whipping cream, only half&half. :(

It is regular Starbucks latte made from Heavy Whipping cream, ask them to sub the HWC for milk.. I have never come across a Starbucks which wouldn't sub the milk for HWC in a latte.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It is regular Starbucks latte made from Heavy Whipping cream, ask them to sub the HWC for milk.. I have never come across a Starbucks which wouldn't sub the milk for HWC in a latte.
    [/quote]
    Oh spiff, around these parts (ha!) they're called a breve. I love them!
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know about Michaels. I was wondering where I could get one of those trays.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I *love* my Latte's and and am a GOLD member of Starbucks...LOL. The last time I got a Soy latte, my tummy got REALLY upset since dowing LCHF. I will ask them to SUB the HWC for Soy ... and getting one today!!! I DO like how Pete's whips the foam...I may think about getting my own machine again...cause I like the foam THICK! Lol... Thanks All :):)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bump: Good ideas!
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Starbucks I tried in Japan today... 20 minutes of frantic conversations between managers and employees produced the result of not having any concept of what I was even asking for in terms of the subbing. Granted, my Japanese isn't that great, but it's also socially unexpected to order things different than on the menu.

It took 10 minutes and 2 managers to get a burger without a bun here.

Though they're incredibly nice about it, they just don't get the concept.

_____

Ok, fat bomb attempt for the weekend (haven't tried it but it should work):

This is based on the It's-A-Snap Cheesecake recipe on the Knox gelatin box, it's just adapted for keto and enhanced a bit for flavor. I found the adapted to keto recipe somewhere online (subbing Splenda for sugar), but any problems with the flavoring changes are my fault entirely.

Almond Coated Mini Strawberry-Watermelon Cheesecake Balls
    Makes 10 servings
    1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
    1/4 cup Splenda (or other sweetener, adjust your macros based on the difference)
    1 cup boiling water
    16 oz cream cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup almond flour
    4 tsp Mio Strawberry-Watermelon flavoring

Per serving:
    179 calories
    17g fat
    2g carb
    0g fiber
    4g protein

Prep: Set out cream cheese to warm up about an hour before starting

1. Mix the gelatin and all but 1 tsp of the Splenda in a bowl
    2. Add the water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved (about 5 minutes)
    3. Beat cream cheese, Mio and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and creamy
    4. Slowly add the gelatin/sweetener/water mixture making sure it's well blended
    5. Pour into silicone tray mold separated into 10 equal portions (or however many you choose/will fit, just adjust the calories and macros to fit your number of servings), then refrigerate
    6. Mix the almond flour and remaining sweetener
    7. After the cheesecake balls are set (about 3 hours) take them out of the silicone mold and roll them around in the almond flour/sweetener mix so they each get equal amounts

Optional:
    8. Dump any remaining flour mix into the bowl you made the batter in, mix it all together, and lick the bowl and spoon while having warm, happy flashbacks of being 5 years old in your mom's kitchen
  • KetoCassy
    Options
    ^^ yep, I like these and also the cheesecake bombs.

Recipe is:
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda * - instead of all Splenda, see my note below on how I do it
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    Squeeze of Lemon Juice
    Pinch of salt

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen. NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

Makes 24 clouds

With granular Splenda:
    Per Cloud: 70 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
    Per 2 Clouds: 140 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per 2 Clouds: 134 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
    Per 4 Clouds: 268 Calories; 29g Fat; 3g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

I usually ignore the Splenda above and do sweetener to taste using a mix of Splenda and Stevia or Splenda and SF Vanilla Syrup) - adjust a little at a time to taste.

I usually double or triple the recipe so I have bombs on hand for several weeks, makes it less of a chore.

Once you know how you like to adjust the sweetness, then you can experiment with other flavorings to make "flavored cheese cakes"

Yum Yum!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I usually just melt coconut oil with almond butter & a bit of cocoa but I tried to add some cream cheese today to make it creamier and it was a big fail! the cream cheese & the coconut oil didn't blend & it looked like it was curdled. but it tasted ok.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes, thanks everyone!!!!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    artificial sweeteners really mess with me

Have you tried stevia? It's quite rare for people to be sensitive to that.

/raises hand

I am.

Also allergic to ragweed, which is in the same family as the stevia...that is probably why I can't use it.