Mini-challenge #1

caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
February 4th - February 10th

Pick a challenge:

1. Stay within MFP's daily sugar recommendations every day during this mini-challenge.
2. Read a book on nutrition, diet, weight loss, or health and post a report of it.
3. Make your minimum exercise goal 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes.

Replies

• Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Ok Yes a mini challenge that will challenge me AND I think I can do!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I'll take door number 3. The only two difficult days are Wed and Sat but I'm planning on doing some work at home for another challenge so should be able to manage the 40 minutes without going to the gym..................we'll see!

Feb 4th. I have almost a two hour day today because of a double workout. I only recorded 80 minutes because I generally reduce the minutes I record as a way to counteract MFP's overly ambitious calorie burn numbers. I keep a record of the actual minutes in the notes.

45 minute swim (all backstroke), 10 minute treadmill warm-up for circuit class, 60 minute circuit class.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Door number three for me, too!

It means if I get my run/strength in every day, plus some yoga or cycling, I will hit it no problem - yay for extra motivation!
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm gonna try to keep my sugars low. That's always been a challenge for me because I have a huge sweet tooth. So this will be an exercise in patience.
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    February 4th

Pick a challenge:

1. Stay within MFP's daily sugar recommendations every day during this mini-challenge.
    Added the sugar tracker to my food journal. I went over by 11 today. I will try to do better tomorrow.

2. Read a book on nutrition, diet, weight loss, or health and post a report of it.
    I have several on book on diet and nutrition on my Kindle app for my phone. I will try to read some tomorrow during lunch.

Exercised 108 minutes today!!! DONE!!!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    I am going to try for challenge #1 as it is something I haven't really been monitoring.

Feb 4th: 39/61
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Very Nice Caradae!! I like this one!!! LET'S DO THIS!! :bigsmile:

Had to go look, but I was under across the board today. WHOOP WHOOP!!
    Worked out 2 1/2 hours....no problem there!!
    Didn't read anything today, but get that in tomorrow!!

Good Luck Everybody!! :flowerforyou:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Count me in. I'm going to try #1 sugar and #3 exercise time....sugar will be a challenge as I usually do walk over an hour outside.

If weather bad, #3 WILL be a challenge, not as fond of treadmill or exercise bike.

Thanks for setting these up Caradae :flowerforyou:
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    I pick number 3...I know I try to get 20+min in and some times I make it and sometimes I get that 30 min. mark. This will help me make it over 20 min.

So far today I have exceeded the 40 min. mark!
  • Bebubble
    Feb 4th, Mini #1

Did Mini Challenge #1? Yes under
    Did Mini Challenge #2? Yes 40min

Caradae, these challenges are so good for me! What a gift you have given me! Thank you for doing this!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    February 4th - February 10th

Pick a challenge:

I will pick #3. Today was my non-fast day , I was able to exercise for 74 minutes - 44 minutes HIIT lower body and 30 minutes kettle bell challenge.

I have already cut my sugar intake.
  • February 4th - February 10th

Pick a challenge:
    I've chosen

• pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Awesome. I went and bought a book today. It wasn't the one I was looking for, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to tell you guys about it!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    I will go with #3 but am going to try and read a book on running I have had waiting for me to find the time. Sugar- I don't like the way MFP does not distinguish fruits from other sugar.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Number 3 for me too
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Door #1 for me. I noticed that I added greek yogurt to my diet and I LOVE the sugar in it. It makes me crave a second one. Calorie wise I can have a second, but sugar wise I shouldn't. So I will follow the sugar guidelines for this challenge. I think this is just what I need to keep away the sugar cravings.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Feb 5

20 minutes of calisthenics including stretches, sit-ups, planks and burpees
    30 minutes of walking the dog, the cute one in the photo
  • BLillard68
    February 5th

Pick a challenge:

Wasn't able to stay within my daily sugar recommendations today. :frown:
    Didn't get to read a book on any of the above today. :frown:
    Worked out for a total of 83 minutes today!!! :happy:
  • fragile123
    fragile123 Posts: 75 Member
    #3 for me! Yesterday and today 60 minutes with p90x...today a bonus round of an hour and a half shoveling snow! Tomorrow will be harder...I'll be back to work.
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Door #1 for me. I noticed that I added greek yogurt to my diet and I LOVE the sugar in it. It makes me crave a second one. Calorie wise I can have a second, but sugar wise I shouldn't. So I will follow the sugar guidelines for this challenge. I think this is just what I need to keep away the sugar cravings.

Well, mini-challenge unsuccessful - but I will continue to track.
  • Scherzie
    Feb 5th:

Sugar Challenge: 51/59, lucky as I forgot to calculate sugars when planning.
  • Jagreene62
    Feb 5th

Had to go look, but I was under across the board today. Sodium was the only one in red....well it made me more thirsty=more water!! :drinker:

Worked out 2 hours....no problem there!! Zumba Class and Treadmill!! :bigsmile:

Loving this challenge!! :love:
  • Bebubble
    Feb 5th, Mini #1

Did Mini Challenge #1? Yes under
    Did Mini Challenge #2? Yes 62 min
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Feb 5th

3. Make your minimum exercise goal 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes. 50 minutes of circuit training

Struggled because it was my fast day, but completed and felt real good
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Out the mini challenge on the first day :(
  • Jagreene62
    Out the mini challenge on the first day :(

Mini challenges are different from the UAC....no "outs" here. Just keep going and trying to get better each day. :bigsmile:
  • I have just seen this post today morning, I am a bit late here.
    I choose challenge #3. I really want to exercise more so today I did 40 minutes (T25 + 15 minutes of abs, dips, push ups, pull up *well... at least I have tried the pull ups*...). Tomorrow I'll do 50 minutes because it's T25 double day Friday ^^

Good luck all with your challenge!
  • BLillard68
    February 6th

Pick a challenge:

Tried to stay within the recommendations again today but it didn't happen. :frown:
    Didn't get to do any reading today either. :frown:
    Exercised for 62 minutes toady!!! :happy:
  • Scherzie
    Feb 6th

Sugar 44/83, so far 3/3
  • Jagreene62
    Feb 6th

I am learning that sugar isn't my problem....sodium is!! :bigsmile:

Worked out 3 hours 30 minutes.....no problem there!! PT, Stretching, and Treadmill

I don't usual look across the board (all the numbers)....I only focus on the calorie intake. :love: