Options

Replies

• Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    February 5th

Green: Yes
    Total: 5/25

Water: Yes, only because of this challenge!!
    Total 4/24
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Feb 5
    Days/Goal: 5/27

Blue: Yes
    Days/Goal: 5/28

Weather has been much better here, so I've already walked more this week than last and am working eating enough to maintain rather than lose. Guess we'll see how it works out at the Sunday weigh in.
  • JillLangOliver
    JillLangOliver Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Total/Goal: 4/25

Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 5/28

I went to Cycle class, walked for about 20 minutes, weights and abs at the Y.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    2/5

Total 5/28

Total 5/28

I nearly derailed myself this afternoon with my "I want to eat the world" feelings. Not sure what brought it on - I am blaming the fact that I was alone and my schedule was way out of whack! But I tried out some new fitness equipment and cut back my dinner portion to save the day.

I REALLY want to eat something naughty---but I am going to refrain and try another glass of hot tea!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 5

My dad is still hanging in there. We did three steps forward and two steps back as his blood pressure dropped suddenly and he had to go back in the operating room. Fortunately, it was just swelling and they have ways of dealing with that (his chest is open, so it is not ideal, but he is stable).

My food today was not ideal, but my exercise covers my transgressions at the table.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    2/5 Green
    Total- 5
    Goal- 23

Water-Yes
    Total- 5
    Goal- 28

I finally felt well enough to go to my classes, Zumba and boot camp. We had PIZZA for dinner. I do not tell my instructor when we have naughty dinner plans, but it fit into my calories.......

@kawookie- I hope the weather cleared enough for you to see your dad. He is in good hands!

***********spreadsheet updated***************
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    February 5

My dad is still hanging in there. We did three steps forward and two steps back as his blood pressure dropped suddenly and he had to go back in the operating room. Fortunately, it was just swelling and they have ways of dealing with that (his chest is open, so it is not ideal, but he is stable).

My food today was not ideal, but my exercise covers my transgressions at the table.

Kawookie, continued prayers for your Father, you and your family!!!! (((((((Hugs)))))))) After major surgery progress is usually that way unfortunately, one step forward, one step back, three steps forward, two back!! I am so happy they figured out it was swelling and that he didn't have bleeding issues!!! Prayers for the doctors and surgeons who are treating your Father also!!

I am SO proud of you!!! Having a family member in the hospital is SO stressful and you did most wonderfully handling the stress and staying in your calorie goals!!! (((((((Hugs)))))))) You rock my friend!!!!

2/5
    Green - yes
    total - 5
    goal - 25

Blue - yes
    total - 5
    goal -25

2/4
    Green - yes
    Blue - yes
    total - 6
    goal - 25
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    February 5

Walked a total of 6.35 miles today.

@ kawookie, continuing to pray for your dad, your family and of course you.
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feb 5
    Green- Yes, with extra
    Total/Goal- 4/23

Blue-Yes
    5/5

Back on track. Kickbox Boot Camp again this week.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Total/Goal: 4/20

WATER 5/28

SWAM 2 MILES
  • BuffySlays2000
    BuffySlays2000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Total/Goal: 5/21

WATER 5/28

Worked out on body ball with hand weights and doing crunches for 80+ minutes.
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!!

********spreadsheet updated*************
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    February 6
    Total/Goal: 5/20

Total/Goal: 6/28

I'm after injuring my knee and so will have to take it easy exercise wise for the next couple of weeks until it heals. I hate taking it easy! I've been really getting into my weight training programme but I suppose it's better to let my knee heal than injure it further. I'm going to try swimming for a couple of weeks and perhaps a pilates class.

@Jbharwood - Thanks for much for your kind comments. It feels really great to be an inspiration over here in GMT. Now if someone over in Australia or Asia could come and inspire me that would be great :tongue:

@Scherzie - I hear ya about the water. There's no way I'd be drinking this much water if it wasn't for this challenge. It's great. And I can feel my skin is a bit clearer as well. Bonus!

@Kawookie- still thinking of you and your father. I hope you're all feeling better now.

@BuffySlays200 - That sounds like a serious workout!! Well done!

Great work everyone else. Keep it up!
  • Tengross
    Tengross Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Date: 6th Feb
    Green: Y
    Total/Goal: 6/25

Water: Y
    Total/Goal: 6/15

Very brisk 3.5 mile.
    Like Scherzie I only managed to consume so much water today due to the challenge.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Feb 6
    Green - yes
    days/goal 6/27

Blue - yes
    days/goal 6/28

In all honesty, I have a harder time drinking water when I'm tracking it and I'm drinking so much that I am struggling to eat my maintenance calories. Hopefully, after a few more days, my body will adjust to it and the logging will become a habit.

Kawookie - I will be praying for your dad and you.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Feb 6th

Total: 6/25

Total: 5/24

Easier with water today as I had the day off and went for a run. I have such a hard time getting my water in when I am at work but I know it can be done, just have to find a way.

@Kawookie-- you and your father are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    2/6

Total 6/28

Total 6/28

Did a walking program today.

@mdivamuffin--pilates classes are GREAT for toning things up so it sounds like a great way to spend your recovery time!

@scherzie (and others struggling with water)--maybe try setting an alarm on your phone for every hour or two as a reminder to drink a glass of water? that will break up your work day a bit and remind you to hydrate! I try to break up my day in my mind---drink this much water BEFORE lunch and this much AFTER. Also, I've been keeping a pitcher of water in the fridge with some fruit. Gives it just a hint of flavor, but enough to keep it from "plain".
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    2/6
    Green-Yes
    Total-6
    Goal-23

Blue-Yes 19+ cups
    Total-6
    Goal-28

I have no problem drinking water. I knew I drank a lot, but now that I log it, wow! I drink out of 24 ounce cup with a straw. I think that helps. I had a high sodium day. Left over pizza and chick fil a. Plus a hard work out today. The scale is going to be screaming fluid retention in the morning, but at least I know to expect it. I feel so much better now that I'm working out again. I was strange not to have slightly sore muscles.

Tomorrow is a work day, plus going out to a concert. So it has possibility to be red. I don't wanna ruin my green streak!

**********Spreadsheet Updated************
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Date: Feb. 6
    Total: 6/28

Total: 6/28

Walked a total of 6.40 miles today. My hubby and I had been wanting donuts, so today we gave in. I had a chocolate covered custard filled Krispy Kreme.....hence all the walking! Lol. I did do better than the hubby though....he had 5, yes I said 5 regular glazed ones! Also went way over on sodium, so I've got to be sure and drink that water!

Everyone is doing so well......congratulations!!
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feb 6
    Green- Yes
    Total/Goal- 5/23

Blue-Yes
    Total/Goal 6/28

Did yoga today. Needed that!

@Kawookie: Thinking about you and hoping your dad is doing okay.
This discussion has been closed.