The last five pounds!

Ever since Christmas, I have been like a yo-yo. I go from one pound to go to four pounds to go until I reach my goal. Has anyone else had this trouble? How do you beat the plateau?!

Replies

• GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,167 Member
    A few weeks ago, I decided to up my calories expended in exercise goal to over 4,000 per week. I continued eating around my MFP base calorie goal per day (1,200-1,500 depending on whether it was a 500 calorie burn day or a 900+), and although it took about 2 weeks, all of the sudden it was BOOM, 3 lbs. lighter in 2 days. Also, look at what you are eating. If you are staying under your calorie goal, but you are eating a lot of sodium and refined carbs, your body is probably holding on to water. Try upping your calories burned and eliminating any refined carbs for a bit.

P.S. I like your Corgi!
  • montoyarenee
    montoyarenee Posts: 15 Member
    Try to up your calorie intake by 100 cal. It sounds counterintuitive, but your body is holding onto extra weight because it fears starvation. Increasing calories will restart your metabolism and your body will begin to burn again. And as the previous person mentioned, watch your sodium intake.

Best of luck!
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Try to up your calorie intake by 100 cal. It sounds counterintuitive, but your body is holding onto extra weight because it fears starvation. Increasing calories will restart your metabolism and your body will begin to burn again. And as the previous person mentioned, watch your sodium intake.

Best of luck!

How can you say that without knowing the OP's daily intake? She might be eating too much to lose.
  • girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I look forward to hearing what others suggest, too!