Favorite Protein Powder?

Options
Any suggestions on Protein Powders? :drinker:

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I mostly use ON all natural chocolate whey protein however when I was actively losing weight I mostly enjoyed Syntrax Nectar. They have some good flavors like vanilla bean and chocolate truffle and a strawberry that was great but I did get sick of it and the strawberry is the only protein powder I still have sticking around. Should probably throw out what's left! Lol!
    ON all natural is very good! But there's lots of brands to choose from. I found some tasted artificial and I have diffinte preferences since I have a protein shake nearly every morning for nearly 3 years. Also for convenience Premiere Protein makes a ready made shake that tastes ok and is high protein and low carb. :flowerforyou:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best tasting I've found is the cheap "Body Fortress" from Walmart. As far as quality, there's so many to choose from, but I like the Now whey isolate.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Just started using Reserveage Whey. It's grass-fed organic whey, very decent price, tastes good. At Vitamin Shoppe.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    After doing some research I decided to avoid whey and soy isolate powders. I use a hemp powder purchased from trader Joes and it's processed in Cananda under quality conditions. Also the cost is reasonable. There is vanilla, which I mostly purchase and Chocolate.

I don't use protein powder a lot in my diet but in warmer months I use it as a meal replacer.

Here's my go to smoothie recipe:
    3 to 4 Tbl. Hemp powder
    1/3 of a banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    2 Tbl Orange Juice concentrate (adjust for sweetness)
    1/2 unsweented almond milk
    a little water and Ice cubes
    *I add a probiotic capsule (just the powder) and you can aslo sneek in some fresh spinach if your blender can handle it

Hemp doesn't sound very appetizing but it is really okay.
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    To add I have now tried:
    Hemp Protein Plain/Nothing Added - I like the green, wheat grass taste. Mixed with milk and it reminded me of unsweetened green tar ice cream.
    Rice Protein Plain - Added it to non-fat plain yogurt, a few dried cranberries and a couple drops vanilla stevia. Palatable but kind of chalky.
    Whey - Have used for years, seems best for versatility. I do not like the fake artificial sweeteners and taste.
    In ending, kind of partial to the hemp as it does have more fiber than the others and when making fruit/vegetable smoothies it's great!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yeah Hemp!

In general the consumer union has recently recommended for people to reduce their intake of rice and rice products produced in the USA due high levels of arsenic in the product....So glad you found something satisfactory.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In the past I've used a hemp protein (tastes kinda like grass, was better in baking than in shakes) and a raw foods protein (which was "meh" on protein and taste).

I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey now because it's cheap, honestly, and it's pretty good. I just got the Chocolate Protein Isolate and it's delicious and has 30g protein/scoop. And have I mentioned it's delicious.
  • gypsyone96
    gypsyone96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love my BSN Syntha 6 Cookies & Cream. It's a little high in carbs but it taste wayyy better than my Ronnie Coleman Almond Whey Isolate (I can barely get it down without gagging).
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use ON natural in vanilla, haven't tried the chocolate flavor yet. I also have MRM natural but I don't like them as much... I probably will not re-purchase after I run out. I have the chocolate and the berries ones.

I also <3 Myofusion and just bought a 5 pounds container for dirt cheap at a local store. It's higher in carbs but it's actually the protein I've tried that tastes the best, in my opinion. I loved their Strawberry flavor as well.

Syntrax is good, the vanilla is amazing but the Caribean Cooler was yucky :/
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition - at the moment I'm enjoying the cookies and cream flavour, I've tried the chocolate too and that was nice, and have a tub of vanilla for next. I love them because it feels like a treat