Introduction - Newbie! :)

Options
Hello!

My name is Stephanie, and I am currently about 377. I was 397 about a month ago, and I have lost about 20 or so lbs. I found out from my fertility Doctor that I have insulin resistance, and have since I was a little girl, so I cut my carbs down to about 60 a day, and it's been great. :) I actually feel a lot better.

I'm looking for some supporting friends on here, so feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am the absolute worst at checking in on the boards because I am incredibly busy and I mostly use the app. I started at 351 this time last year and now I'm down to 258. It's a long hard journey, but I wouldn't have it any other way because it's the journey that develops strength and character. :)
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, welcome! Wow, that's an awesome loss! Whatever you are doing - keep it up! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on your fantastic loss, Emily. What a difference a year makes! :drinker:

ETA: I started last October (joined in September but just tracked my meals to see how much I was eating, didn't try to lose weight). I started at 409lbs, didn't lose anything for the first month and then the weight started coming off. I have been over weight my entire life, and I thought I knew everything about dieting, but MFP has really given me the tools to realise I control whether I lose or gain. I used to work hard and wonder if the scale gods would reward me when I weighed in - had I done enough deprivation and punishing exercise to warrant a loss or would I be punished by their fickle natures? Now I understand that it takes 3500 calories above maintenance to put on a lb of fat - it all makes sense!
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephanie,

great job on your loss up to now!
    add everyone on this group to keep cheering you on, they are great people.
  • jessicamoye33
    Options
    I Stephanie (&others)! I'm new to the group and looking for pals too. I eat a keto diet (high fat, low carb). It's what works for me, but I don't judge others on what works for them. As long as we're healthy & happy, we can do anything, right? My one year is March 23. I'm looking forward to reaching a mini-goal of 100 lbs lost by then. Feel free to add me!

Things that work for me:
    1. Logging my food on my fitness pal
    2. Self-love, positive self-talk, love the skin you're in
    3. Moderate exercise (weather permitting)