Rollcall for current and active Aussie MFPers

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Queenslander here with only a few kilos to go but my motivation comes and goes. I was at goal Christmas before last so want to get back down to 54 or 55kgs.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Have been on here for over 615 days in a row.. so if you want please add me.... i don't bite
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 32 and live in Adelaide, 169cm and 89kg when I joined MFP last month. I'm a Mum to three girls and work part-time shift work

As a teenager I was overweight but then lost weight and maintained at about 70kg in my early twenties until I had my first daughter. Since having my eldest my weight has bounced up and down and I have lost the same 15+kg a number of times for various goals including getting back to pre baby weight , losing weight before another pregnancy and losing weight for our wedding. This time it's taken me longer to get in the right Mindset as my goal is very different from my previous achievements and failures.

My major goal

Is to get healthy, maintain a weight between 67-72kg and improve my fitness for life

My current stepping stone goals are

- Exercise a minimum of 3x a week for 30 min
    - get my BF % below 30%
    - lose the first 10kg by July

failures.

I'm doing this slowly and making small lifestyle changes that I hope will be sustainable. I like to have a drink and some chocolate and I'm finding ways to include them in a more balanced diet.

I'd like to have some online Aussie MFP friends so feel free to send me a request
  • crammar
    crammar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First year 2013 and dropped 30kg in 10 months. I'll definitely be here in 2014 and beyond

Use fitbit daily.
    Train 5x week with weights
    Been trying to lose weight for 35 years and I've finally achieved what I didn't think was really possible.

Chris
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm back. Had some success when I first started, then went through a challenging period and gained it all back plus some. Decided it was time to do something for me, so I got myself a puppy and started getting back into my old interests. Then realised...HOLY CRAP...I'm neither as small nor as fit as i once was. So have made it a comittment to get fit and healthy for the bloddy dog. LOL.

Oh...and trying to avoid those that are trigger points for me....easier said than done. *sigh*

I'm in Adelaide.
  • Muzfox
    Options
    Hi all, recently joined, loving the program. I live near Ipswich in Qld. Got a lot of weight to drop and I'm enjoying it. Just started the Zombies to 5k as well. Never run before and im loving it.
  • kazlee66
    Options
    I'm here. I'm here.
    I've been around a little while had success lost 12 kg and then put 3kg back on and hovered ever since.
    Trying desperatly to get back into it. I live in South East Melb.
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    im still here, I gained back 8kg so I am really angry with myself. I said I would never gain back and I did.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP a while but just joined this group. Yay finally found the Aussies! Going to be here a while, I have 48kg to lose.

I'm from North West Melbourne.
  • wwunderlust
    Options
    adelaide reisdent here,

been mia since christmas, what with my vacation overseas, and having to deal with some major life changes after my return.

now i'm back on mfp with a vengeance.
    well...technically i'll be back on wednesday :p

lost some weight since december, but it's probably muscle weight :c my diet hasn't been all that great but i'm definitely looking to fix that starting this week. my ultimate goal is to be the fittest i've ever been by the end of the year. hopefully i'll be able to do a chin up by then. seeing abs again would be good too..

feel free to add me up!

anyone with fitness related instagram accounts?: @ballurina
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm Dani, I've been on here a while, I'm in Canberra and I'm getting married in 81 days! I wouldn't mind going down a size before then! I also have a fitbit, usernames the same, add me over there too
  • eidasit
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Sadie and I live in Brighton in Victoria (outside of Melbourne). We moved here 2.5 years ago after living in the US for 21 years. before that we originated from the UK.

I still work in pounds (having trouble getting my head around kilos, I'm sure I'll adjust eventually) ... I've lost 13 lbs since Jan 6 and still have a way to go to get back and looking trim. It takes time and perseverance and I intend to stick with it.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Aussie Friends

I am back on MFP after neglecting it during the last few months of 2013.

I am from Sydney, NSW and i am working on building muscle and losing fat after I gained a lot of weight during the Christmas Period!

Feel free to add me! Good luck in your journey!
  • stormbikes
    Options
    Hi Friends recently joined here and on a weight loss mission. I'm a long time Masters Runner and i need to shed some more
    weight to get faster.
  • StephenM73
    Options
    Hi every Aussie,

Using MFP and a fitbit flex, still trying to master both though.
    Working my way through C25K in an effort to get fit too.
  • lindalaynahcoates
    Options
    Hi guys, I started MFP a few weeks ago, finding it so interesting learning what to eat and what to avoid. I log every day, even when I'm over, though it is painful seeing it go into the red haha.
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Started MFP a little over a month ago and I must say it was quite an eye opener ! Hard to believe the amount of fat & sugar hidden in what I perceived as "healthy" foods :-(

I've done a fair bit of tweaking to my diet since joining but it's a work in progress, will need to keep fine tuning it over time. My goal is simple (yet difficult at times): Eating healthier foods without feeling like I'm "punishing" myself day after day...if it feels like punishment, I won't stick to it !

Cheers,

Nat
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Waving my hand again.

Aussie in Brissie !

SW: 137kg
    CW: 109kg
    LW: 96kg
    GW: 103kg
    UGW: double digits if my brain and body dont reject the idea again.

Friends welcome
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've been here on MFP since around October last year.
    I recently ( about a month ago) commenced exercise after a knee injury - I'm swimming and loving it.
    I'm living in Tassie.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've been here since February last year. Not too active on the forums cause i don't like the Ego's and heroheads that troll the forums but you can hook me up anytime

Started 111Kgs February last year, critical blood pressure
    current around 78-80Kg fluctuate depending on Weight regime
    Adelaide, South Australia