Weekend Woes

Options
mulecanter
mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
Seems to be a theme this week that many of us are falling down on weekends. I know eating is a big part of weekends, we have time to cook, we like to go out for dinner and live a little. :laugh: :flowerforyou: :devil: :drinker: :yawn: :smokin:

What to do? I don't have a solution. Let's do some crowd-sourcing here. What's your secret technique for combating weekend backslide? Let's hear from our quiet members!

Replies

• Hopietay
    Hopietay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I save my calories for a special meal on the weekends. For example, if I know some friends want to go eat out on Saturday night, I stick to my lower calorie meals for breakfast and lunch, keep my workout, and save those calories for dinner. Takes planning, but worth it!
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have no success stories for weekend survival...hoping to change that this weekend! :noway:
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I feel I create enough of a deficit throughout the week to loosen up a bit on weekends. However, I try to stay within calorie goal and still log everything as well as exercise whenever I have the chance. Studies have shown that it's natural that you weigh the most on mondays and the least on fridays mainly because you typically have a routine during the week and the weekend is usually unscheduled.
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You got me Mule...my lowest weight is always on Saturday morning...right before disaster strikes. It's like my brain goes on sabotage mode and then wakes up on Monday groaning when I have to get on the scale. When I have managed to lose a pound for the week and KEEP IT OFF is when I stick to what I ate during the week and keep reminding myself of painful weigh-in on Monday morning. That does not work very often.

It will be interesting to see tips from our fellow members...
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few who aren't afraid of artificial sweetener, so I like to drink Crystal Light Peach or Raspberry Tea. And I try to take a small portion and then step away. Plan ahead!!!